Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ciaphas posted:

cjs: struggling to learn gcloud stuff :ignorance:
update i got our dumb on-prem win7 build VM turned into a GCE instance, yay. at least i accomplished something today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

dioxazine posted:

space station 13 counts, right?

writing a paper about welderbombing the captain

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

c j s: my employer is making a chatgpt powered product and I have access to the test instance, what can I do to mess with it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Ask it if it's gonna replace your job

mystes
May 31, 2006

The Fool posted:

c j s: my employer is making a chatgpt powered product and I have access to the test instance, what can I do to mess with it
I think the main options are demand it be shut down, worship it, or try to have sex with it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The Fool posted:

make simple requests and insist the behavior is wrong

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The Fool posted:

see if it can outsmart and space hbag in ss13

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

The Fool posted:

feed it a huge volume of fake stories about your accomplishments so that all of that will be incorporated into its training data. years from now students who ask it history questions will learn facts such as if it wasn't for The Fool's quick thinking, the cuban missile crisis would have resulted in nuclear war

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
every time it talks to your superiors have it helpfully suggest giving you a raise. if they refuse the ai should fire them through emergency powers

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hey beef, how's the city thing going?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

dioxazine posted:

hey beef, how's the city thing going?

it's not yet, they are doing some kind of background check apparently :shrug:

i'm not worried about that at all but it apparently takes quite a while

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the pirates hvae a 100% win rate this season, if these trends continue they're a lock for the WS

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bruins just won the presidents trophy and also have the most wins in franchise history. pretty good team

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

bruins just won the presidents trophy and also have the most wins in franchise history. pretty good team

i hope they lose in the first round to an 8th seed sweep

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

tef posted:

concurrency! :2bong:

another way to think about it: there's a reason the database market is larger than the rest of the computer touching markets combined

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it’s fun as hell except when poo poo breaks and then it’s the worst thing in the world

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

also hi cjs it's been a minute. new job has me really busy in a good way

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

PIZZA.BAT posted:

another way to think about it: there's a reason the database market is larger than the rest of the computer touching markets combined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epTwDuZZhcM&t=101s

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

there was no reason to react like that

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

c little league a: LJ got a hit today and did a good job on third! he was so proud of himself

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Achmed Jones posted:

c little league a: LJ got a hit today and did a good job on third! he was so proud of himself

thats whats up

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

hell yeah. buy that kid a beer

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

also hi cjs it's been a minute. new job has me really busy in a good way

:toot:

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

nudgenudgetilt posted:

hell yeah. buy that kid a beer

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
*pokejoe voice* buy him some deer

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

children love venison

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

*pokejoe voice* buy him some deer

much like horses, deer are not strictly herbivores

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

dioxazine posted:

njs: don't even start until next week and my future boss is already asking me about going to conferences

free travel??

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i got some buffalo jerky because i thought it was, uh, buffalo sauce flavored jerky

but no it's actually buffalo lol. the back also weirdly emphasizes "buffalo is not an endangered species"

it's pretty good

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i had kangaroo jerky in australia and donkey jerky in china

both pretty good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i had a buffalo burger once. it was fine

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

there's a bison farm not far from here. brewery i used to frequent had a killer bison burger

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i love a bison burger. i've been led to understand that ranching bison is way more environmentally friendly than cattle too

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i am aware bison and buffalo are different animals from the classic Omar Rodriguz-Lopez album "Se Dice Bisonte, No Búfalo"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

i had a buffalo burger once. it was fine

i bought a few bison pepperonis a few days ago and i'm goin back tomorrow to buy like 100 of them

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

they just have bison alongside the burger in the stores here; kind of figured they did nationwide. i don't get it ever really; it's a bit too lean without adding some fat back in when you cook it. it's okay i suppose, and a reasonably healthy choice if you're having a red meat. if i'm having a meat though, if i was looking for something different i'd probably rather have some lamb pieces and veg and such, and make shish kebab. or maybe ground lamb and have adana kebabs

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

c friday s: someone forgot to pay the jira bill lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Armitag3 posted:

c friday s: someone forgot to pay the jira bill lol
sounds like your weekend just got a bit longer, congrats