Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

infernal machines posted:

states like nevada and new mexico are clearly jokes, but no one actually lives in them, but then you have california, which is at least 2/3rds mountains or some form of desert, and yet contains more than 10% of the population and accounts for 1/8th of the national GDP

california indeed uber alles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

rotor posted:

wear two watches so it can vibrate one or the other to tell you which way to turn

Work smarter not harder

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Work smarter not harder

using-an-apple-watch-to-cheat-at-chess.jpg

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the definitive chess cheating tool of the 21st century is iot anal beads, get with the times

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kelseyweekman/chess-cheating-anal-beads-conspiracy-hans-niemann

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the definitive chess cheating tool of the 21st century is iot anal beads, get with the times

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kelseyweekman/chess-cheating-anal-beads-conspiracy-hans-niemann

:thejoke:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hobbesmaster posted:

one of the remaining issues with every map software near me is southbound i-35E and I-94: nobody gets the lanes correct for this or that you really should take that exit so you can stay on I-94 without weaving.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZcVBTyxQYrcKH9bu9?g_st=ic

it doesn’t really know the correct lane to tell me to be in coming off the lafeyette either, that interchange confuses it all over

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

git apologist posted:

yeah, they are distracting and it’s super aggravating when they interrupt music or a conversation

yeah, exactly

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

FMguru posted:

IS GROWING FOOD "WASTING WATER"?

I'm laughing my rear end off at all the Central Valley idiots who kept complaining about water shortages. How about now, fuckos? You got enough water? Want more? No? Too bad, you're gonna get more once all that snow melts. Enjoy!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I'm laughing my rear end off at all the Central Valley idiots who kept complaining about water shortages. How about now, fuckos? You got enough water? Want more? No? Too bad, you're gonna get more once all that snow melts. Enjoy!

i mean we still dont have enough water tho

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

rotor posted:

i mean we still dont have enough water tho

If you're referring to the groundwater aquifer, sure. Otherwise....?

https://cdec.water.ca.gov/resapp/RescondMain

When Shasta & Oroville are this full before the Sierra melt (and the snowpack is bordering on being the biggest since record-keeping started), plus Tulare Lake exists again, I don't know what more you want unless it's "change the entire Central Valley back into an inland sea".

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I don't know what more you want unless it's "change the entire Central Valley back into an inland sea".

sounds like a good start tbh

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
it's just earth prepping for arizona bay

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

otisville ascendant

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

SyNack Sassimov posted:

If you're referring to the groundwater aquifer, sure. Otherwise....?

https://cdec.water.ca.gov/resapp/RescondMain

When Shasta & Oroville are this full before the Sierra melt (and the snowpack is bordering on being the biggest since record-keeping started), plus Tulare Lake exists again, I don't know what more you want unless it's "change the entire Central Valley back into an inland sea".

'if you ignore the groundwater aquifers' seems like a pretty big thing to just handwave away, especially when a lot of the flooding that is going to happen this spring/summer is going to happen because of subduction caused by decades of overpumping. the other fact is that huge ag interests like boswell are going to be able to weather the flooding relatively well compared to poor communities like allensworth.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

quote:

SJV Water called J.G. Boswell Company Vice President Jeof Wyrick and ended up getting a warning from the cops.

SJV Water left a recorded message asking Wyrick why the J.G. Boswell Company was planting tomatoes in areas expected to flood and had placed a low dam at the confluence of the South Fork of the Kings and Tule rivers slowing that water down.

Wyrick never called back.

Instead, a sergeant with the Kings County Sheriff’s Office called SJV Water to say it had received a call from Boswell and the company didn’t want anyone on its land.

Hmm. Okay.

In order to report this story, SJV Water used levee roads where numerous other vehicles were traveling and that were apparently open to public use without restriction.

The sergeant then noted the levees were getting waterlogged and weren’t always safe.

Understood, but Penal Code 409.5(d) says journalists cannot be kept out of disaster areas in order to provide the public with information, even at risk of their own safety.

When asked about the warning from his office, Sheriff Dave Robinson texted that his office regularly receives allegations of trespass from Boswell and his deputies go to the area to tell people if they’re on private land.

“I don’t give this (call) anything more than the prior calls,” he texted. “This was a little unusual in that they knew your name.”

Yeah, just a little.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

SyNack Sassimov posted:

If you're referring to the groundwater aquifer, sure.

indeed

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Who cares? That sounds like a problem for 20-30 years from now let them deal with it :smuggo:

(My actual feeling is more along the lines of

sounds like a good start tbh
)

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

hobbesmaster posted:

one of the remaining issues with every map software near me is southbound i-35E and I-94: nobody gets the lanes correct for this or that you really should take that exit so you can stay on I-94 without weaving.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZcVBTyxQYrcKH9bu9?g_st=ic

Apple Maps still references mn-110 which hasn’t been a thing since approx 2018. I’ve sent in a couple reports about it but it still hasn’t been fixed.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

states like nevada and new mexico are clearly jokes, but no one actually lives in them, but then you have california, which is at least 2/3rds mountains or some form of desert, and yet contains more than 10% of the population and accounts for 1/8th of the national GDP

i live in nevada and new mexico

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

see, even you can't tell which

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Elder Postsman posted:

Apple Maps still references mn-110 which hasn’t been a thing since approx 2018. I’ve sent in a couple reports about it but it still hasn’t been fixed.

does apple pull from openstreetmaps? people have had success just updating that vs trying to poke the rocks that are apple and google maps support

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

apple craps

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i read this post diagonally and what i got was

ianal beads

and i was confused for a moment

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
solid 9/10 username tho

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

4lokos basilisk posted:

i read this post diagonally

:question:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

fully diagonalized and loving it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

figuring the optimal number of characters in a row before I encode my posts to tattoo on a slave's scalp

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the actual cheating tool that people keep doing and getting busted for is accessing an iphone in the bathroom. or one norwegian guy who claimed to need hearing aids but actually it was a bluetooth headset and it was text to speeching him moves

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

another guy had 2 accomplices who would stand at specific locations in the playing hall, and depending on where they were standing the player knew which squares to look at. that one seems hard to get rid of unless you no longer allow spectators

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i would simply look at all the squares on the board as it isn't actually that big

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

back in the real old days of the 1970s they had guys hiring hypnotists to sit behind the board and doing unbroken intimidating stares at the opponent, or crap like mirrored sunglasses that youd move around to shine lights directly into your opponents eyes. bring that crap back imo

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

a figure of speech i use in my native language which means uhh you scan/read the text really quickly. diagonal as in read the first and last words of the paragraph so the direction is not line by line but in a diagonal that goes to the right and to the bottom

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

from another thread from way back:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/144...ingawful.com%2F

apparently memory holed by Amazon because lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

from another thread from way back:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/144...ingawful.com%2F

apparently memory holed by Amazon because lol

why would anyone want that? does it do anything other than send photos of your house to jeff bozos?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
its "dog-like" in that dogs are video cameras on wheels

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fart simpson posted:

why would anyone want that? does it do anything other than send photos of your house to jeff bozos?

it's packed with cameras to record what it sees!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

fart simpson posted:

lol that that isn't even the response, that's the press release. the sheer balls. "please buy this spy device. it's of no use to you"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

it’s life jeff himself is walking around with a camera, taking photos of your kids and bedroom. who wouldn’t want that

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

fart simpson posted:

back in the real old days of the 1970s they had guys hiring hypnotists to sit behind the board and doing unbroken intimidating stares at the opponent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkI85Kt10e4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

theflyingexecutive posted:

does apple pull from openstreetmaps? people have had success just updating that vs trying to poke the rocks that are apple and google maps support

huh ok I’ll try that