Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

i've never been the victim of targeted seinfeld-avatar-based dunks

:twisted:

just kidding, the poodle jones theme is too good to disrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i thought this was the being mad megathread

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol ❤️

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
mad at tech bubble not each other’s avatars

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Midjack posted:

ask any mod to blank it, it's free and you can get on with your day. maybe iks can blank them too.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

alternatively pay up $5 like a normal person, you're not a victim of some crime here.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Joke-but-not-really entry: after several years the efforts of the mod community have polished SKYRIM VR into the product it should have been at launch, its still a gently caress on to get it set up but its one of the only true open worlds out there in VR even now. I love dipping into it and just enjoying being there.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vr

cheap as you'll get it if you want to give it a whirl.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

iirc in unmodded Fallout 4 VR you can grab some plot-critical item early on because your motion controller hands phase through glass

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Achmed Jones posted:

i'm still trying to wrap my head around who can go "ahh yes this picture of jerry seinfeld is a crop from a photo of him dating a 17 year old".

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

i'm still trying to wrap my head around who can go "ahh yes this picture of jerry seinfeld is a crop from a photo of him dating a 17 year old".
I don't think anyone was saying that but Shame Boy knew it was because of the previous time it happened and given that he knows it's from that it doesn't seem like it's unreasonable to be unhappy about it so I'm not sure you're helping anything by saying something that sounds a lot like saying they must be overreacting because you couldn't identify that image?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

if you're having trouble understanding my posts i suggest reading them again

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't think I'm having trouble understanding your posts so much as disagreeing with them, as people are wont to do on the internet

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i think the rando is calling shame boy a creep, and this is a too subtle redtext given in bad faith as redtexts are wont to be. casus belli imo

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mystes posted:

huh? given the context of the previous time someone bought them that avatar with red text and the photo it's from why would you say that?

nah it was a different avatar previously, that's just the only thing i can think of that might be related.

anyway i'm mostly just confused and this was the last thread i had done significant talking in so i figured i might have offended or creeped out someone in here and i would like to think i am a Nice Poaster :shrug:

mystes posted:

I don't think anyone was saying that but Shame Boy knew it was because of the previous time it happened and given that he knows it's from that it doesn't seem like it's unreasonable to be unhappy about it so I'm not sure you're helping anything by saying something that sounds a lot like saying they must be overreacting because you couldn't identify that image?

to be clear i didn't actually know it, i ran a reverse-gis on it and the first thing to come up was "jerry seinfeld dated a 17 year old" and i went "... oh"

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 7, 2023

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ruffian Price posted:

iirc in unmodded Fallout 4 VR you can grab some plot-critical item early on because your motion controller hands phase through glass

it's not plot-critical but it is way more powerful than you should be able to, there's a unique gun behind the highest-level lock in the game right in the starting area and you're supposed to come back later but can just grab it in vr

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Shame Boy posted:

product managers are fine if they do their job right because they make it so i don't have to talk to customers and that's great

IME product managers are more there to talk to their own execs and fill their minds with visions of how wonderful the product could be with a bunch of new features that just have good vibes, not existing user demand

why would you talk to the existing customers, they're just gonna tell you to improve the existing (horribly broken) product, but they've already paid for it and don't matter. you can't disrupt the market with such blaise incremental improvements!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i think the rando is calling shame boy a creep, and this is a too subtle redtext given in bad faith as redtexts are wont to be. casus belli imo

using a red text av so obscure it derails a thread for 2 pages as people try to ascertain its true meaning is a great way to maximize the use of your $5 to be honest.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the main thing is that rando made a really dumb avatar purchase that would've been pretty funny in that they wasted their money on the lamest dunk of all time. but all the hand wringing has 100% vindicated their purchase, which is probably not the best outcome.

and that's the part of my post that you keep not getting

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

post hole digger posted:

using a red text av so obscure it derails a thread for 2 pages as people try to ascertain its true meaning is a great way to maximize the use of your $5 to be honest.

yeah this

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

the main thing is that rando made a really dumb avatar purchase that would've been pretty funny in that they wasted their money on the lamest dunk of all time. but all the hand wringing has 100% vindicated their purchase, which is probably not the best outcome.

and that's the part of my post that you keep not getting
who cares if it's "vindicated their purchase". It's a lovely thing to do and if they keep doing it they should be banned or something.

and again it's very annoying that you assume I'm not understanding what you're saying just because I disagree with it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

well i hope they're at least having a good time, whoever they are. i just want everyone to do your best and have a good time playing

anyway graph offered to blank it and i took them up on it so we can stop talking about it whenever

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i dated a 17 year old once

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i was 16 :getin:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

quiggy posted:

it's not plot-critical but it is way more powerful than you should be able to, there's a unique gun behind the highest-level lock in the game right in the starting area and you're supposed to come back later but can just grab it in vr

wow the tradtional way of getting high-level weapons is asking Dogmeat to find you one and he takes it out of a locked container for you

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

quiggy posted:

half the reason i loved fallout as a kid was that i got the random encounter that gives you the alien blaster and it made the beginning and mid game basically trivial. which was great for me - even as a kid i was bad at video games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember seeing a video of VR cheating at some card game because if you bend down and put your head under the table the top surface gets culled but it's still rendering the face down cards

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mystes posted:

who cares if it's "vindicated their purchase". It's a lovely thing to do and if they keep doing it they should be banned or something.

av and title change purchasers are not recorded OP

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

same, it was super hosed up

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

I never did :(

Though apparently it's never too late.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I was 17 once and do not recommend it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i think i enjoyed being 17 :shrug:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

i think i enjoyed being 17 :shrug:

i had better years tbqh

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i enjoyed being 16 more than 17 iirc

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

16-20 were great ages for me.

20-25 not so much

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

rotor posted:

i had better years tbqh

thinking about it, that might have something to do with the driving age being 17 in nj

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sweevo posted:

16-20 were great ages for me.

20-25 not so much

ya same here. i also think thats pretty common tho. early 20s can suck

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

why would you talk to the existing customers, they're just gonna tell you to improve the existing (horribly broken) product, but they've already paid for it and don't matter.
a couple of years back i worked on a project where they thought like this, but actually they hadn't paid yet. just smashing the betray button over and over despite this.

as a result the predicted revenue chart became very much like the intel itanium chart :v:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I don't think I'd have recommended dating 17 year old me at all because I was a massive (but skinny) nerd, but when i stopped being so terribly nerdy my wife tells me that the main problem was/is that I am totally oblivious to any attention I was getting from members of the opposite (or in fact same) sex.

just as well we met tbh because wow does dating sound like it sucks! Sorry you all had to try so hard to not be lonely, maybe try getting drunk and taking your shirt off and then stealing someone else's girlfriend by accident? it worked for me!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

maybe try getting drunk and taking your shirt off and then stealing someone else's girlfriend by accident? it worked for me!
note: I do not recommend this :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

maybe try getting drunk and taking your shirt off

post the clip of COPS where you were arrested