Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Project Zomboid has Overwhelmingly Positive recent reviews, but it's also still plugging along in Early Access after almost 10 years of development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

dioxazine posted:

tangledeep is also goon made, i think? it's been a long time since i last played it, but it was fun

i really like tangledeep the only reason i don’t play out more is i bought out on gog and that’s a lot of effort to open

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i really like tangledeep the only reason i don’t play out more is i bought out on gog and that’s a lot of effort to open

it always hurts me to see a yosposter playing a great switch game on a machine better suited for spreadsheets

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

for my important budgeting needs due to the high cost of living, is the DLC for vamp survivors any good? i haven't played the base game in forever so there's probably a ton of content to catch up with even without the new hotness to distract me, or should i just grab it all and get knee deep in the dead?

i bought the game pretty recently, so i had to look up what the DLC actually is, and i can tell you that the some of the heroes and weapons in there are pretty badass

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think well laid plans is the closest you get to an always take but even that is of limited value in the first half of act 1, or if you have a neat enough deck that you’re cycling the whole thing in a turn anyway

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

also is anyone playing/has played project zomboid?

i avoid zombie stuff* but a friend is playing and is unresponsive

project zomboid is fun with friends, provided you have the patience for fairly glacial skills development. there's a lot of sitting around doing nothing in between forays outside to scavenge and craft things. it's definitely a "make your own fun" kind of game

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Roosevelt posted:

i bought the game pretty recently, so i had to look up what the DLC actually is, and i can tell you that the some of the heroes and weapons in there are pretty badass

i think i need it but the price of a mcdonalds soda has risen over a dollar

we live in crazy times

real talk just played it again after a long hiatus and it’s real fun for a certain state of mind

and confusing

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

we live in crazy times

real talk just played it again after a long hiatus and it’s real fun for a certain state of mind

and confusing

you should do it imo

you can kill the reaper and unlock a secret character

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

we live in crazy times

and confusing

it feels like it's hooking directly into some part of your brain and slowly sucking your conscious mind out. It's easy to play a lot but I never felt like I got anything out of it

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

james status: Elden Ring with ray tracing enabled looks amazing, really stunning. also started playing Sekiro, this game is hard as heck but the combat is dope and each time i die and restart i do a little better. also landing deflects and deathblows makes me feel like a badass

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

my buddy that loved elden ring and beat it like 4 times did not like sekiro and it made me sad. he said the boss fights felt like playing ddr.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

also is anyone playing/has played project zomboid?

i avoid zombie stuff* but a friend is playing and is unresponsive

zomboid is fun with friends, but i find survival games somewhat lonely without them. that said, it's still fairly clunky and there's supposed to be a major update pending.. no ETA on that. probably worth waiting on a sale

you can tweak the insanely slow skill gain in either server settings or with mods, seeing how one death basically sets you back square to nothing. that said, once you're decently equipped and have done the supply and farm journey, the game sort of stalls out as the zombies don't really increase in difficulty at the moment

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

my buddy that loved elden ring and beat it like 4 times did not like sekiro and it made me sad. he said the boss fights felt like playing ddr.

as someone with 650 hours in Elden Ring, level 300 something on NG+++ and all the Steam cheevos unlocked i can categorically say that your buddy is a dingus. ive only put 6 hours in but Sekiro is badass. idk how far ill get in it but im deffo enjoying it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
he's not necessarily a dingus, sekiro is a totally different kind of game than elden ring. there are no builds. there are no magic or alternate combat styles. there is, with a few exceptions, no way to cheese or weaken or otherwise exploit bosses. the only way to fight is to get good at swording and parrying and you will lose until you do

and it is a little bit like DDR in that the most advanced bosses will require you to parry several attacks in a sequence with the correct timing or you lose the battle of posture bar attrition

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

KidDynamite posted:

he said the boss fights felt like playing ddr.

even if this was true it sounds more like a glowing recommendation??

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
also i just beat sekiro again like a month ago and yall are already making me want to play it again

what a game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

sekiro is an extremely good game that i bounce off extremely hard every time. i am not good at reaction times

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

quiggy posted:

sekiro is an extremely good game that i bounce off extremely hard every time. i am not good at reaction times

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
sekiro and demon's souls are my outstanding From games and i really need to get and clear them at some point

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

suckiro
dork souls

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Radio Paranoia posted:

sekiro and demon's souls are my outstanding From games and i really need to get and clear them at some point

The Demons Souls remake is very pretty and good, highly recommend. Its also a faithful remake so while the game is still good it has some design choices they've definitely since figured out that "hey this sucks actually".

Looking at you loving maneater

Its a fight on a narrow catwalk with no railing where the boss frequently charges at you and knocks you backward, you spend 90% of the fight falling to your death

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

suckiro
dork souls

rimjobworld :smuggo:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

sekiro is my favourite from game and im really hoping they make another game in that style

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Mr. Crow posted:

The Demons Souls remake is very pretty and good, highly recommend. Its also a faithful remake so while the game is still good it has some design choices they've definitely since figured out that "hey this sucks actually".

Looking at you loving maneater

Its a fight on a narrow catwalk with no railing where the boss frequently charges at you and knocks you backward, you spend 90% of the fight falling to your death

Also the run up to it is long and has probably the worst enemy in any souls game blocking your path

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Armitag3 posted:

rimjobworld :smuggo:

no we dont do this to games like rimworld

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/i/status/1648368050201333760
Can't wait for all the penises

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
wait what? is there some new botw construction thing?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
gently caress yeah, ascension 13 cleared on silent... just Defect and Watcher left on 12.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

a little while back, some goon caught a ban for sharing way too much information about his RJW game, and the rimworld thread in games had its title changed to "rimworld: you're all going to jail"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you can do whatever you want in rimworld. thats the beauty of it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe posted:

in rimworld, the goal of the game is to rim everyone in the world

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As a Ten Pie Dad I feel very called out right here

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

you can do whatever you want in rimworld. thats the beauty of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYhWj79Aubo

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

distortion park posted:

it feels like it's hooking directly into some part of your brain and slowly sucking your conscious mind out. It's easy to play a lot but I never felt like I got anything out of it

considering that the dev came from slot machine development, that would likely explain it

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

decided to get into fighting games since sf6 is coming soon and looks great. I am very, very bad.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

some years ago i basically accepted that i can't do fighting games anymore outside of fighting the CPU

i've gotten so bad since kof 02. i mostly blame being made of meat

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

kof 02 was / is so good. the unlimited match version of it rules.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

dioxazine posted:

some years ago i basically accepted that i can't do fighting games anymore outside of fighting the CPU

i fight cpu’s for a living, can’t imagine doing it for fun anymore

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

polyester concept posted:

i fight cpu’s for a living, can’t imagine doing it for fun anymore

difference is that in the fighting games you win against the cpu in a nice visceral way. where the day to day tends to be a slow defeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

play fighting games, but do not under any circumstances become a Fighting Game Guy