Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

well I'll take a Tyreek Hill comp all drat day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Kalli posted:

He was mocked to the Patriots early on and his highlights I watched was like D-day footage over N'Keal Harry lowlights for me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, what's up with Hyatt? I Don't recall anyone saying he was one of the top 2 WR prospects, but he's sitting at #9 overall on NFL's big board.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

drat Flowers is quick.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Ok Chiefs go trade up for a TE, I want double TE formations because who knows if tackles will actually be good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

AndrewP posted:

do you really believe the comp though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Yeah, what's up with Hyatt? I Don't recall anyone saying he was one of the top 2 WR prospects, but he's sitting at #9 overall on NFL's big board.

Runs like the wind but has hamstring injury issues which can be persistent

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/cg24091/status/1651780274697502722

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Sure that's not #9 of the available players.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AndrewP posted:

I'm so angry

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Intruder posted:

do you really believe the comp though

tonight is a night of hope

the crushing reality will come in a few months

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

vikings drafting levis would be the funniest pick, so i'm rooting for it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

screaming DO IT, DO IT NOW in an arnold voice at the vikings, willing them to draft levis.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheKingslayer posted:

drat Flowers is quick.

You're goddam right he is.

Virtually unguardable when he cuts on a dime.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens offense should be kinda drat good next year personnel wise

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Congrats to Zay for going in the first round, he sure was fun to watch in college

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol did the Vikings take Levis

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
He lit up when Lamar's name came up. Feeling good about this upcoming season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
flowers hasn't beaten up a single pregnant girlfriend

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

IIRC Zay Flowers crushed his interviews too so I'm a bit surprised he lasted to 22

the Ravens WRs besides Bateman who is made of glass are rancid at YAC (and, well, everything else) so it's hard to not get happy

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Trade Kirk

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

AndrewP posted:

Ravens offense should be kinda drat good next year personnel wise

now math in the usual 30% injury rate

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Sure that's not #9 of the available players.

Sorted by grades, he's #9 overall seriously. I just don't have Brugler's THE BEAST up and need a quick list I can check so I can go WHEW BUST or GREAT PICK in this thread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

flowers hasn't beaten up a single pregnant girlfriend

it's the intangibles that make all the difference

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If the Vikings don't pick defense then lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
lol if they miss the pick

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

Sorted by grades, he's #9 overall seriously. I just don't have Brugler's THE BEAST up and need a quick list I can check so I can go WHEW BUST or GREAT PICK in this thread.

Here's the only list you need

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iNzH-jSmheg0_TeD2Owe4ynV2yzvDJX8N8a6rE0-RA/edit#gid=54691708

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Nodoze posted:

If the Vikings don't pick defense then lol

they need to do levis for comedy's sake

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SirPablo posted:

lol if they miss the pick

probably getting trade up calls, maybe from the Saints

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

the beast posted:

STRENGTHS: Elite straight-line speed to consistently run by defenders and win vertically … has access to a pull-away gear both before and after the catch … his 2022
film is well-stocked with explosive plays, mostly on vertical slot routes (20 catches of 20-plus yards, seven receptions of 50-plus yards) … closes cushion in a blink and
understands leverage … displays premium trust in his hands to attack the ball before it gets to his body … tracks the ball naturally and runs underneath it (his 58.3
percent success rate on targets 20-plus yards ranked No. 1 in the FBS in 2022) … can climb the ladder to take the ball out of the air … has worked hard to improve his
play strength … has developed into a functional blocker and continues to improve in this area … football training has been a priority for him since childhood, and he
can take hard coaching … overcame adversity from his first two seasons and made substantial improvements with his confidence … had a “wow” final season and set
the school records for touchdown catches in a game (five vs. Alabama) and in a season (15).

WEAKNESSES: Underdeveloped route runner who was asked to play a specific role in college with heavy doses of quick throws and linear patterns … has some
tightness in his hips and must improve his ability to sink at the top of routes … little jam experience and faces a learning curve vs. NFL press coverage … slender build
and doesn’t have the frame to get too much bigger … speedy but not shifty as a ball carrier … should be able to translate his speed to special teams, but has marginal
experience on coverages … was basically a slot only in the Tennessee offense … missed some playing time after a concussion (September 2021) … only one season of
substantial production.

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Tennessee, Hyatt was primarily an inside wide receiver in head coach Josh Heupel’s up-tempo, spread offense (89 percent of his
snaps came in the slot). After two “development” years in Knoxville, he had a prolific junior season with a school-record 15 touchdowns, becoming the first
Volunteers receiver to win the Biletnikoff Award and just the 13th unanimous All-American in Tennessee history (first since Eric Berry). Hyatt saw a lot of free releases
and didn’t run an NFL route tree, but he consistently stretches the field vertically, and cornerbacks struggle to match his vertical burst. Along with his elite
acceleration, he has an uncanny ability to track and adjust to the deep ball, flashing a “go-and-get-it” gear – he led the FBS in receptions of 30-plus yards (15), 40-plus
yards (11), 50-plus yards (seven) and 60-plus yards (five). Overall, Hyatt isn’t a well-rounded receiver and won’t become one overnight, but he is exceptional in two
key areas (easy speed and confident ball skills), and his potential for an explosive play at any moment changes the way defenses prepare. In the right role, he can
be a productive home-run hitter for an NFL offense.
GRADE: 1st-2nd Round (No. 31 overall)

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Trade kirk

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

This Ravens offense gonna be fun as hell

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SirPablo posted:

Trade kirk

The colts could use a veteran presence

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
drat, that's quite the WR run

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

nfl network is just not letting the vikings forget that they lost to the giants lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

4 straight WRs lol

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The colts could use a veteran presence

Not anymore, we have our cool young guy now

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Qirk gonna take shots on the field that he never would in a doctor's office

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Run on Wideouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Rogue Elephant posted:

nfl network is just not letting the vikings forget that they lost to the giants lol

Neither is espn lol