Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ornery and Hornery posted:

He did not have two drops in that video alone. But hilariously, if that almost amazing catch is what counts as a drop, then that just means he has even better hands because that counted as one of the three he had all season.

You also implied Cam Smith locked Hyatt down which was also not true.

You clearly did not actually scout these people. So who cares what you “highly doubt”

I didn't imply he was locked down but Cam Smith quite clearly jarred a ball from him on a comeback and you're dismissing a pass that was behind him as not a drop when it hit his hands. It wasn't a particularly difficult catch to make. Again I just want to know where you're getting your numbers from.

It's also funny that when someone disagrees with me I'm not scouting any players but when they agree with me my scouting is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

somebody buy stathead for a month and we'll settle this

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
As a Vols fan in my very unbiased opinion Doltos is clearly wrong as Hyatt is the perfect WR and should've been chosen #1 overall and the Chiefs passing on him will be a franchise-killing mistake that Mahomes will never recover from.

At any rate, excited to see where Hooker/Hyatt/Tillman/Young end up tonight, especially if one of them goes to the Titans.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

I mean, y’all still won the freakin Super Bowl. :)

I'm not complaining.

We just don't have anyone left on the roster who can do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE5DtEuuV2Y

and I think Hyatt could

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Silly Burrito posted:

I mean, y’all still won the freakin Super Bowl. :)

*Were handed the division, #1 seed, AFCCG, and Superbowl

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MrLogan posted:

*Were handed the division, #1 seed, AFCCG, and Superbowl

*handed by Mahomes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
hosed up the Chiefs were given two Super Bowls just because they drafted and developed one of the best QBs of the modern era and built around him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

when someone disagrees with me I'm not scouting any players but when they agree with me my scouting is fine.

Correct

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't have a problem with the Gibbs pick tbh. When you look around the league guys that can catch in the backfield or within 5 yards and get vertical have become increasingly valuable. Moreso with the ever expanding Shanahan coaching tree. I can understand it in a weaker draft class. Detroit are building well. I know the defense, but you can't really fault their moves thus far under the current regime.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Doltos posted:

It's also funny that when someone disagrees with me I'm not scouting any players but when they agree with me my scouting is fine.

This just makes you legitimate.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hooker is all of 3 years younger than Goff. lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’ve enjoyed your stream Daltos, thanks for doing it

Also for some reason I assumed you were like 50 lol. Take this as you will. How old were you when you first started deep diving draft prospects???

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Also for some reason I assumed you were like 50 lol. Take this as you will. How old were you when you first started deep diving draft prospects???

A very old 9

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gimmie a read on Tillman to the Browns. My first thought was laughing out loud that we drafted a drat WR instead of a DL.

I feel like we’re above average with Cooper, Moore and DPJ and that pick could have been used better elsewhere.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

No Butt Stuff posted:

A very old 9

a 9 year old with a cigar as long as he was tall

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

on principle I'm unhappy with the Ravens day 2 pick, but the guy might be very solid or they might flip Patrick Queen into something good, what the hell do I know

on the other hand, it was worth it just to hear the presenter say "2-time Super Bowl Winner and NFL Legend Torrey Smith"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Docjowles posted:

Thank you very much I started with the 2004 draft I was 16

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

on principle I'm unhappy with the Ravens day 2 pick, but the guy might be very solid or they might flip Patrick Queen into something good, what the hell do I know

on the other hand, it was worth it just to hear the presenter say "2-time Super Bowl Winner and NFL Legend Torrey Smith"

Simpson is super athletic and because of it, never bothered to develop any sort of knowledge of the right path to a tackle. It’s incredible.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://twitter.com/Patrickqueen_/status/1652138853736521735?cxt=HHwWjoCxiZfiye0tAAAA

sorry PQ

sportsgenius86 posted:

Simpson is super athletic and because of it, never bothered to develop any sort of knowledge of the right path to a tackle. It’s incredible.

lol a true Queen replacement then

this is more palatable from a third rounder, of course, and fortunately they have Roquan to do the heavy lifting

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

so we kinda drafted Patrick Queen to put in place of Patrick Queen? not optimal

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Solid B+ for the Cowboys first three rounds. Run defense pretty well addressed. I think it would’ve been worth trading that 2nd, a 5th and maybe a mid rounder next year to jump up for Mayer, but if the staff thinks Luke is close enough to him I hope they’re right about that.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 29, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1652139932184641542?t=9fbe7HlEbAt2gxHTDWKwpA&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

on some level it makes sense to load up on young defensive talent that can be coached by lou anarumo for a year before he takes off

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs went edge rusher, WR, RT. Can’t ask for anything more

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears had 4 opportunities to take a northwestern wildcat and passed each time, i am now forced to duel ryan poles if i run into him in a suburban meijer.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah I'm happy with the picks.

Wanya Morris probably will be the swing tackle this year (at least assuming Niang doesn't get injured immediately), but he appears to be a ball of clay for Andy Heck to work with for a year with his length and his athletic profile.

I really like Rashee Rice, and I think he'll work with in the Chiefs system.

Feels like Veach is taking bigger swings this year, even FAU is far from the finished product.

Still got 5 picks tomorrow too, but no clue where they go with them. DT, RB, DB depth seem like the obvious picks.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears had 4 opportunities to take a northwestern wildcat and passed each time, i am now forced to duel ryan poles if i run into him in a suburban meijer.

Is there more than one Meijer in Chicagoland?

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Bird in a Blender posted:

Is there more than one Meijer in Chicagoland?

I know of at least two!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tbh i just know about the arlington heights one where i saw people freaking out because they saw dave corzine there.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I got an autographed photo of Tarik Cohen before he crippled himself at Jewel in Deerfield.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Just got a notification about the 49ers taking the highest round kicker in a billion years and was like “but what about Aguayo????”

Turns out he was selected roughly a billion years ago and I am just old :corsair:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tampa drafted soms kind of nordic caveman, A+

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kevino07 posted:

Yeah I'm happy with the picks.

Wanya Morris probably will be the swing tackle this year (at least assuming Niang doesn't get injured immediately), but he appears to be a ball of clay for Andy Heck to work with for a year with his length and his athletic profile.

I really like Rashee Rice, and I think he'll work with in the Chiefs system.

Feels like Veach is taking bigger swings this year, even FAU is far from the finished product.

Still got 5 picks tomorrow too, but no clue where they go with them. DT, RB, DB depth seem like the obvious picks.
Would feel the 4th round pick will be DT of the board pans out for them. Wish they stayed still on the Rice trade so they could move up early to land one.

Roster much set after DL depth.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Love the first few picks for the Raiders, but I'm not super pumped about taking a returner in the 3rd when the LBs are currently pictureless faces in madden but at least renfrow isn't returning kicks anymore

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

I wanted all different players at those positions but they know more than me.

Also Hyatt was drafted by the Giants so now we'll never know if he could have made it in the NFL

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Renfrow might be on the move tomorrow

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1652183078977306630?t=Nm-ZJqfZDLDD-eP7uVwxrQ&s=19

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

tampa drafted soms kind of nordic caveman, A+

Skyrim belongs to the North Dakotans!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I know its easy pickings to make fun of draft grades but this guy is Easy A (2010) [Emma Stone, Stanley Tucci, Lisa Kudrow]

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-draft-day-2-quick-snap-grades-for-all-32-teams

As long as you just pick who the mocks say to pick you get an A. I'd like to see draft grades where you get a C for an average pick and an A for getting value for the slots.

It's kind of silly to grade the draft for consensus since we know historical hit rates go from like 1% to 85% (first round centers) based on position and round

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Dejan Bimble posted:

I know its easy pickings to make fun of draft grades but this guy is Easy A (2010) [Emma Stone, Stanley Tucci, Lisa Kudrow]

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-draft-day-2-quick-snap-grades-for-all-32-teams

As long as you just pick who the mocks say to pick you get an A. I'd like to see draft grades where you get a C for an average pick and an A for getting value for the slots.

It's kind of silly to grade the draft for consensus since we know historical hit rates go from like 1% to 85% (first round centers) based on position and round

Joe Thomas was on the pre-Day 2 coverage yesterday accusing the Lions of panicking because they missed out on Witherspoon and not having a clue who to pick after that, naming a bunch of mock darlings they could have got instead.

Maybe you agree with him and only time will tell if the critics are right, but saying the Lions didn’t know who to draft after Witherspoon is a backwards rear end take for somebody being paid to analyse drafting on the NFL’s own network. On the contrary, they might have reached on guys they just loving loved and wanted the hell out of, regardless of positional value or mock simulations. Nobody had a more “we got OUR guys!” draft than the Lions.

Bumhead fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Apr 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

McDaniels face in the math lady meme as he trades Renfrow and Jimmy G for Mac Jones. And absolutely nobody is happy about it