Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Squiggly posted:

We have a lot of games running? I could put one together but fair warning that it's a bastard mod type game

Running: The Passage, Pinball, Numberwang, Musical

Recruiting: Touhou, Hoverboard, Spelling Bee

I think that's the full list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Cloacamazing! posted:

Running: The Passage, Pinball, Numberwang, Musical

Recruiting: Touhou, Hoverboard, Spelling Bee

I think that's the full list.

Thanks, yeah there's no need for mine now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

Thanks, yeah there's no need for mine now

Sure there is, get a couple more games on that list and we can run Too Much Mafia Mafia, a game for 9 players

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Monathin posted:

Huge props to you, Eps+/death cob, and everyone else who have been working to get Votefinder back off the ground. :toot:

:yeah:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure there is, get a couple more games on that list and we can run Too Much Mafia Mafia, a game for 9 players

Lol only if the abilities in too much mafia mafia involve mechanics that pull flipped/claimed/alleged roles from ongoing games.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
We're considering "Roles that died way too early" mafia.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Cloacamazing! posted:

The curse of the mod. The role you put the most work into will always get voted out day 1 before it gets a chance.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Cloacamazing! posted:

15 Painters lets go

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

15 Painters lets go

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Need a replacement for my game, no need to worry about reading what came before

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Cloacamazing! posted:

For some role madness game where we were supposed to base the roles vaguely on cartoon characters, I came up with a Master Shake role where, each night, the player picks a flavor from a list of milkshake flavors but doesn't know what it does, and I had a huge text list explaining what each flavor did. Half of them were duds/useless like "you get three points!" or whatever and the other half were actual useful abilities.

The person who got the role died n1.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Musical Mafia has ended in a TOWN victory ! Congratulations to the winners and thank you for playing! I had a blast modding this!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
A newly minted SA Mafia Wiki!

For those who didn't notice, the old wiki died when Votefinder changed hands, as the old host was taken down. No one got backups, the previous owner is... unreachable, and the old old wiki is a bitttt outdated (as in, 2016 outdated). HyperCrabTank has kindly offered to deal with the nooks and crannies of starting one, and we're slowly filling it with stuff. All contributions are appreciated :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Finally, I'll know what I'm doing

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029135

Pinball mafia 3 looking for 1 replacement.

It is night 3.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029135

Pinball mafia 3 looking for 1 replacement.

It is night 3.

Replacement found

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shellception posted:

For those who didn't notice, the old wiki died when Votefinder changed hands, as the old host was taken down. No one got backups, the previous owner is... unreachable, and the old old wiki is a bitttt outdated (as in, 2016 outdated). HyperCrabTank has kindly offered to deal with the nooks and crannies of starting one, and we're slowly filling it with stuff. All contributions are appreciated :)
How do I get a hammer and sickle icon next to my username?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

bowmore posted:

I got it from sorting a lot of emotes into word categories, but AFAIK they aren't given much anymore because they're kind of a pain in the rear end to handle or something.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

bowmore posted:

Send a nice pm to Jeffrey and he might do it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Shellception posted:

Thank y’all for doing this

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Numberwang! has ended in a ~~~Town~~~ Victory!

Thanks all for playing!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Pinball Mafia 3 has ended in a TOWN! victory!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

spacing in vienna posted:

My first game was one of yours, clearly marked "newbie friendly." I was scum.

Near the end of the game, the game merged with a different game you were running at the same time, one I hadn't read because I wasn't in it.

Thread A, the scum were near victory. Thread B had just finished off their last scum. So the new town of Thread A-and-B realized they should just pick off members of Thread A in order of suspiciousness.

It did not feel "newbie friendly."

DGK2000 posted:

I remember reading one of those. I cringed hard.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I still remember that game where you put me, as a newbie, into a masonry. I was a miller, with the godfather and the cop.

So rude.

Pander posted:

You also ran a game where the scum had no NK. There was an SK, and when he died the game crawllllllllllllled.

It was the single most unfun game of mafia I've ever played. And I've played games that basically existed only as a vehicle for me to get into screaming matches with merk.

Sorry for creating art :angel:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ecco is a creator of Avant Garde games of mafia, if you can't understand their beauty, maybe their games aren't for you. Fun is not the thing on the forefront of her mind when designing a setup, fun can be had, but only if it is driven by the soul of the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like eccogames. They make PMs not a waste of money in 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

Fun is not the thing on the forefront of her mind when designing a setup

Sure it is, just Ecco's fun specifically ,which I respect

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If you’re not moderating for yourself what are you doing?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Sure it is, just Ecco's fun specifically ,which I respect

No, ecco has a distaste for fun. It is not intended for the landed gentry such as her. She is more comfortable with the sense of satisfaction she gets from her designs, and maybe an occasional sensible chuckle.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's just a specific style of fun that still counts :colbert:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Opopanax posted:

That's just a specific style of fun that still counts :colbert:

Hey no having fun in here

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Jump King posted:

If you’re not moderating for yourself what are you doing?

I got yelled at for the games where I did that

admittedly one had a marginal mod error that people took way harder than they should've and the other was insane

but still!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

After I ran more first game Merk publicly announced he’d never play in one of my games ever again and recommended others do the same so I feel that

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay I will run a game so I can get e-bullied as a mod

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I ran one game with a role so bad to play I think the player quit. In short, you can be your dreams I'm living proof.

(It was a puppet killer sk that poisoned players, and then got to give them 3 posts they had to make without referencing they were Anon posts they were given)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Toalpaz posted:

I ran one game with a role so bad to play I think the player quit. In short, you can be your dreams I'm living proof.

(It was a puppet killer sk that poisoned players, and then got to give them 3 posts they had to make without referencing they were Anon posts they were given)

that sounds awesome though??? I would unfortunately self-destruct if I caught any serious heat probably but drat it'd be fun to mindfuck everyone until then.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

that sounds awesome though??? I would unfortunately self-destruct if I caught any serious heat probably but drat it'd be fun to mindfuck everyone until then.

the issue was the victims of the role having a horrible time and acting out

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Jump King posted:

After I ran more first game Merk publicly announced he’d never play in one of my games ever again and recommended others do the same so I feel that

Lumpen did that to me after completely loving up their town play in Foundation Mafia

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
He did that to UP after Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch over the mod lying to his players.

edit- I think this is also the game where I got him to post his role PM but I am uncertain.

DGK2000 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 1, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scientastic posted:

Lumpen did that to me after completely loving up their town play in Foundation Mafia

Win/win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Scientastic posted:

I think I made like an 8 paragraph roast of how bad he played that game and swore off playing with him again.

God those were some good times.