Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m working on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Maugrim posted:

I would vote shwin reluctantly, I think they feel scummy but I also think they get voted out early a lot in games I’ve spectated which is a) a shame and b) suggests naturally scummy playstyle

Would vote cpig, actually a stronger scum read than salad right now. I don’t think they are necessarily scum together although it’s occurred to me they might be in a masonry together and joking about that?

Would vote a lurker like TMor who made the minimum posts during joke phase and then went silent

Most others are null or town leaning for me

Don’t like this post. We are not lunching a lurker today

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Yeah Maugrim could be scum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'd like to see a game where the day 1 vote is actually a lurker. Maybe not this game, but one day.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mr. Humalong posted:

this is adorable

this is patronising

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

b-minus1 posted:

Don’t like this post. We are not lunching a lurker today

“We are not lunching a lurker today” probably true. But I think scum would try to stay off the radar as people start to think seriously about who to vote for. Making the minimum posts during joke phase and then vanishing should be a red flag. I stand by my statement :shrug:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Okay FINE I'll read this thread

Started with b-:

B- feels like they're just going along with the flow rather than having their own opinions, which feels really unlike them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i would literally dive in front of bminus to let them live for more than 2 days

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Illusionis posted:

Toalz posting weird poo poo is pretty business as usual for her, still would vote, but not highest in scumbines by far.

GW feels like the worst vote on Salad, just quick say nothing pileup.

Quantum hasn't really said much about anybody yet, some suspicions there.

Finally Binus talking so much about just townreads is raising some concerns for me.

ehh, this is pretty standard D1 play from Quantum imo, he's on my town list

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

chuckles aside, yes I don't often voice suspicions d1 because as much as we all love jokephase---and we really do love it, don't we, folks---I think d1 meta reads are either bunk and no more likely to be right than a coin flip, or i'm just too new/bad/dumb to make good meta reads

but that aside, I'm a firm believer that being wrong in mafia is half the fun, so here's my kneejerk baseless list of d1 suspects:

Green Wing
Plastic
Clo
Toal

and my very confident definitely not mostly random list of townreads:

binus
Maugrim
Toal

for my less random, somewhat informed reads:
-I think either shwinn or cooper are suspicious but I can't decide which
-I think cube is inherently suspicious because I think they intentionally do weird D1 self-imposed policy vote things to intentionally confound meta reads which is a good way to hide both scum and townie play, but also I respect the hustle and would do it myself if I was smarter
-I was suspicious of TMor for the "I wont vote Green Wing because I want to test my GW meta read" (see above on my opinion of d1 meta reads) but also he supports keeping binus around on principle which I support

biggest iffy read right now is illu and yami based on them going after binus because this is literally exactly how binus played in the last game where he was town, I think scum shook by binus's very presence

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote binus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

I think scum shook by binus's very presence

Sandwolf posted:

##vote binus

yep

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Are you doing a generic “binus is so good” or are you telling me you’re reading binus as town this game? take a stance, hun

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ilusion feels off to me a bit, rather snipy, also this progression is weird

Illusionis posted:

Cube is pinging me some too, feels more forced than their town d1 shitposting somehow

Illusionis posted:

I don't feel the Salad vote, leaning town vibes on him.

Scumwise continue getting bad vibes from ##vote CubicalSucrose

Illusionis posted:

Toalz posting weird poo poo is pretty business as usual for her, still would vote, but not highest in scumbines by far.

GW feels like the worst vote on Salad, just quick say nothing pileup.

Quantum hasn't really said much about anybody yet, some suspicions there.

Finally Binus talking so much about just townreads is raising some concerns for me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Are you doing a generic “binus is so good” or are you telling me you’re reading binus as town this game? take a stance, hun

Binus is town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
B- is scum, he claimed to me in discord

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ilusion feels off to me a bit, rather snipy, also this progression is weird

Those first two feel like a scum buddy trying to swerve off salad, see also cpig pulling something similar the instant like 3 votes landed on salad after my case.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Also to be clear my “toal is SK” thing was a joke about his sakuya claim.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Everyone's Alibis seem to be getting a bit Erratic.

(That's a callback to the thread title.)

Deadline in a few hours. I should be around and will hammer anyone if needed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Binus is town.

Cheers!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Seems like you're getting pretty worked up over my one little old vote there.

yes, extremely, i TUNNEL THEE

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyways, now that Hum’s put down his townread based on nothing, here’s the case on binus.

b-minus1 posted:

I’m working on it

Has anyone ever heard binus say this? Or does he just kind of release perfect scumread spores like a town fungi? Furthermore, we’re x days into the game (idk I wasn’t here at start and I’m not gonna go check) and binus has several town reads,

b-minus1 posted:

I’m putting plastic on my town list

b-minus1 posted:

Idk if scu mgreen wing makes that post

b-minus1 posted:

I’m getting some townie vibes from a few people

But the closest he comes to calling anyone scum is 1-2 “I don’t like this post” kinda statements.

I also, personally, know that scum!binus struggles like hell to fake case people. I’m seeing that here. Go look at the Plastic post listed above, he actually put effort into analyzing posts to come to.. Plas is town. What??? Town binus would just insist Plas is town and look for anyone who pushed counter to that.

Okay, thank you for your time.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Tired Moritz posted:

i would literally dive in front of bminus to let them live for more than 2 days

Well, TM's town at least.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I don't want to vote Binus though, he's correctly town reading me. ..I do accept that it is loving weird though.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

MockingQuantum posted:

and my very confident definitely not mostly random list of townreads:

binus
Maugrim
Toal

add me to ur townlist quantum im town af

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Has anyone ever heard binus say this?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1683216746

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i've also seen him say other variations of that same comment iirc

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

deadlink for me?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

deadlink for me?

oh drat i just went to "search the forums" and typed in: username:"b-minus1" "working on it"

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

anyway he's said exactly that like 6 times in mafia games and i think i remember him saying similar things in mafia games that aren't exactly that word for word

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

again my historical record of reading binus is very bad so i can appreciate that people don't wanna listen to me

but

i really think binus is town in this game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

oh drat i just went to "search the forums" and typed in: username:"b-minus1" "working on it"

you were right that he has said that, then.

it was just 2 years ago.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf described what I was feeling much better than I could. B- kinda feels the same he did in stellaris maf 2 where he was my scumbro. That's what's bothering me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

again my historical record of reading binus is very bad so i can appreciate that people don't wanna listen to me

but

i really think binus is town in this game

I feel pretty confident this isn't town!Binus, something is off there. you're free to disagree but something is off with him. imo it's easiest to just presume he's scum

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway I'm feeling a bit eh on Maugrim but I think that's mostly ~feels~ based (doesn't feel like maug from the game we just played in) but I also realized that I haven't really been there for his day 1 yet so... meh.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I don't know if it's because he's a good player and that's scary or whatever but it does kind of weird me out just how much of d1 discussion centers around binus in the games I've played with him, how do you even play against that regardless of what team you're on

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

MockingQuantum posted:

I don't know if it's because he's a good player and that's scary or whatever but it does kind of weird me out just how much of d1 discussion centers around binus in the games I've played with him, how do you even play against that regardless of what team you're on

:justpost:

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm also not a fan of the "this player is good so the safest strategic play is to assume they're scum" reasoning in general, I pray that I'm never good enough at this game to have people wanting to vote me out d1 on principle

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

IME there is almost always a push to vote binus out on day 1 in any game he plays in and more often than not I find multiple scum within that push

like, without fail at least 2 scum will be involved in a day 1 binus push if he's town

he's like a loving porch light in the middle of July to scum, it's uncanny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm also not a fan of the "this player is good so the safest strategic play is to assume they're scum" reasoning in general, I pray that I'm never good enough at this game to have people wanting to vote me out d1 on principle

no one said this