Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i've burnt out a wart with upside-down duster before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jesus WEP posted:

been bedevilled with verrucas for the best part of a year, real quality of life wrecking bullshit. i went a walk today and when i got home they’d all fallen out. got everything crossed that they’re actually gone and won’t just grow back. they are such a motherfucker to live with.

there’s effectively a “root”, and you need to get it to stop them coming back

once they’ve healed for a day or two check and see if there is a tiny dot or circle or something. if so freeze those mother fuckers

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

knox_harrington posted:

A mate of mine is an ENT surgeon, I asked him what he uses to clean his ears and he said "q tips"

doctors smoke, too, they can be dumb lol

don't get me wrong i use q-tips too, it's just also really possible to cram earwax down in there

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm pleased to report that I decided to just ignore my ear and as of this afternoon it's finally a bit better and I can somewhat hear out of it again.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mystes posted:

I'm pleased to report that I decided to just ignore my ear and as of this afternoon it's finally a bit better and I can somewhat hear out of it again.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

we get it, you vape

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

we get it, you vape

i would take up vaping if i could do it through my ears solely to use as a party trick

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

we get it, you vape

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol my ex wife now vapes

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

mediaphage posted:

doctors smoke, too, they can be dumb lol

don't get me wrong i use q-tips too, it's just also really possible to cram earwax down in there

well yeah but it's also clearly much more possible to not do that, like 99% of people.

I guess the "don't put anything in your ears" advice is to prevent the edge case people who manage to stick something through their eardrum.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
u clowns need 2 step up ur game

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

echinopsis posted:

Most of those only work on Asian earwax. e: Unless you think SCRAPING your ear is a good idea.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Asian earwax

japan always keeps the best stuff for themselves

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

echinopsis posted:

Sorry we are not being tryhards about earwax???

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

3D Megadoodoo posted:

When you turn 40, you turn 80 in real life.

Kenny Logins posted:

thread title :lol:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've been having terrible middle metatarsal pain in my left foot, to the point that I've been popping tablets every day. This mroing I was in a hurry and inadvertently put on my Kangaroos instead of my work shoes. I walked from home to the bus stop, and from the bus stop to the office, and... I feel fine. Thanks, DynacoilTM!

loving hell feet are weird. I think the work shoes just have the support in the wrong place for my feet. But I've been using them for a year already so IDK. I've been wearing the same brand for maybe 15 years without problems.

(Dynacoil cushioning is actually solely under the heel, but still.)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
now your brains back to being the most hosed up part of you

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

echinopsis posted:

now your brains back to being the most hosed up part of you

if only

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

3D Megadoodoo posted:

When you turn 40, you turn 80 in real life.

Kenny Logins posted:

thread title :lol:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I've been having terrible middle metatarsal pain in my left foot, to the point that I've been popping tablets every day. This mroing I was in a hurry and inadvertently put on my Kangaroos instead of my work shoes. I walked from home to the bus stop, and from the bus stop to the office, and... I feel fine. Thanks, DynacoilTM!

loving hell feet are weird. I think the work shoes just have the support in the wrong place for my feet. But I've been using them for a year already so IDK. I've been wearing the same brand for maybe 15 years without problems.

(Dynacoil cushioning is actually solely under the heel, but still.)

whenever i wear my nice leather boots for work i get these little zapping sensations in my left foot when taking a step for a few seconds after i put them on. I’m sure it’s supposed to do that

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

whenever i wear my nice leather boots for work i get these little zapping sensations in my left foot when taking a step for a few seconds after i put them on. I’m sure it’s supposed to do that

shoegasm

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the right lymph node in my neck hurts. it hurts to swallow. my head hurts. all i know is that it's not covid and i have a doctors appointment in wednesday to get more migraine meds anyway so at least i can ask then if it doesn't go away

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

President Beep posted:

thats the jerky heating up

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Achmed Jones posted:

the right lymph node in my neck hurts. it hurts to swallow. my head hurts. all i know is that it's not covid and i have a doctors appointment in wednesday to get more migraine meds anyway so at least i can ask then if it doesn't go away

probably a viral infection or something, hope it starts to feel better soon. good to get that stuff checked out early and often, regardless

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

lol classic

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

nice

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

the amazing thing was that nearly everything in the Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes post was pretty much an accurate memory, only it was another guy with a big moustache and skullet.

https://i.imgur.com/nwNfhPE.mp4

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

was that david crosby, or gallagher?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

a friend who is in his 30s just had a spontaneous subarachnoid haemorrhage at the weekend. pretty serious stuff - he is apparently fairly OK considering, on morphine for severe headache.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

President Beep posted:

was that david crosby, or gallagher?

prop comic Bruce Baum

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

knox_harrington posted:

a friend who is in his 30s just had a spontaneous subarachnoid haemorrhage at the weekend. pretty serious stuff - he is apparently fairly OK considering, on morphine for severe headache.

jesus christ. wonder what the odds are of that happening again. like, is it a congenital predisposition or just god’s lolrandom plan?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

random brain bleed ftw! XD

*holds up spork*

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Well there is a potential risk of it happening again in the near future which is why he's having to lie in bed and not move very much. hospital treatment centres around trying to minimise the risk of it recurring and preventing any secondary damage from the brain getting inflamed after the injury.

there are different risk factors for the bleed occurring, mostly it happens when an aneurysm bursts, which he didn't have. alternatively there can be other vascular malformations that predispose it to happening.

in his case it's non-aneurismic and there's no bleed origin identified, which is both 🤷‍♂️ and a good prognostic factor.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i didn't have an aneurysm but i had a subarachnoid hemorrhage during spinal surgery once

i have no idea what it was like during because i was unconscious, but the recovery was like 2 days of the worst headache i've ever had

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

axolotl farmer posted:

the amazing thing was that nearly everything in the Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes post was pretty much an accurate memory, only it was another guy with a big moustache and skullet.

https://i.imgur.com/nwNfhPE.mp4

this was just an unbelievable reveal after like ... what? 15 years?? just astounding.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Goon wisdom k ows no bounds

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

subarachnoid hemorrhage

im sorry that the area under your spider started bleeding

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

this was just an unbelievable reveal after like ... what? 15 years?? just astounding.
if we're being silly this feels like the gears of reality shifting, groaning at the was and could be as they are pressed towards the is

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
honestly not sure how people manage to have a moustache like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Achmed Jones posted:

im sorry that the area under your spider started bleeding

other than the killer loving headache it wasn't so bad i guess. two days of bed rest and lots of drugs