Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Evageeks > fandom

true, but the bar is buried lower than Terminal Dogma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Evageeks > fandom

:hmmyes:
https://youtu.be/qIZL5qeEKj0

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Evageeks > fandom

Knowing that some of my articles/writing/contributions are on the Fandom Wiki because they copied the text from the Evageeks one a decade+ ago is weird.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

golf is canon

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Look at these sick fuckin’ puppets

https://youtu.be/XxInX7o8RmY

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This needs to be one of those Universal Studios live shows.

When I hit the Lotto I'll give them 50M to make Shin Evangelion land.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

FilthyImp posted:

This needs to be one of those Universal Studios live shows.

When I hit the Lotto I'll give them 50M to make Shin Evangelion land.

They’ve already got that Eva/Godzilla simulator, after those all you’d need is a rollercoaster based off an Angel battle and a water ride based off of EoE where you can see the liquid level rise below you as you watch people pop into LCL culminating in a giant splashdown into and under a pool of orange liquid that implies that you too have become a part of the single consciousness for a brief moment before you float by Shinji choking Asuka on the beach, after which everyone sings Komm Susser Tod like it’s Zippity Doo Dah and you leave just as confused as if you’d watched the movie for the first time again

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DC Murderverse posted:

water ride based off of EoE where you can see the liquid level rise below you as you watch people pop into LCL culminating in a giant splashdown into and under a pool of orange liquid that implies that you too have become a part of the single consciousness for a brief moment before you float by Shinji choking Asuka on the beach, after which everyone sings Komm Susser Tod like it’s Zippity Doo Dah and you leave just as confused as if you’d watched the movie for the first time again
The kids version is an adapted Its A Small World but with LCL and kid-sanitized show events via puppets.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1659336432735928322?s=20

The most canon Evangelion.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Is that a new song from the Tamashii no Refrain singer? Or just one that I don't recognize?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

"I might have gone a bit too far in some places."

- Hideki Anno

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
https://twitter.com/deathcarpets/status/1659670959379607552

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

"Oh, come on it can't be that much of a reference..."

*mirror kick as the final blow*

OK, nevermind. Directly referring to it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kvantum posted:

"Oh, come on it can't be that much of a reference..."

*mirror kick as the final blow*

OK, nevermind. Directly referring to it.

To be fair, that part could also be a Kamen Rider reference. Double Rider Kick is a classic dating back to the 70s, and was an inspiration for Anno.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd say that it's all of it from the shield block to the reaction shots. If it was just one thing it could he chalked up to a nebulous reference but all of them together makes it pretty clear.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/SoulinkChu/status/1660077752219754496?t=IeJNUHuT-GjI3NBukhby7w&s=19

Accurate.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Truly, this is what Anno would have wanted

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Truly, this is what Anno would have wanted

"Would have" implies the whole thing wasn't his idea.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Are the Shin Ultraman and Kamen Rider movies worth watching?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Are the Shin Ultraman and Kamen Rider movies worth watching?

I saw Shin Kamen Rider last night. I think they are both worth watching, but both are basically condensed tv show episodes into a movie (if that makes sense). They're not as focused as Shin Godzilla (or the Shin Evangelion movies for that matter), but they were fun throwbacks.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone is explicitly a condensation of 6 episodes into a near-coherent single movie.

Shin Ultraman and Shin Kamen Rider are basically both that for their respective series. They're compilation movies created with wholly newly shot material. If you know, you know; if you don't then they're also fine but the pacing takes your lack of prior knowledge for granted.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Very funny that 3.0+1.0 still doesn’t even have news of a US bluray release.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Very funny that 3.0+1.0 still doesn’t even have news of a US bluray release.

GKids announced getting the rights almost a year ago but it seemed to take forever for anything to happen after the initial announcement on their tv series release too.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Been thinking about this a lot lol

https://files.catbox.moe/3x35rv.mp4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Poppers posted:

Been thinking about this a lot lol

https://files.catbox.moe/3x35rv.mp4

I knew what was coming but I kinda wish that cake had a cherry filling.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MattyMcDee/status/1671235188456828928?t=FrA0wkbxxfM3QJQkQLyneg&s=19

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
GKids finally has 3.0+1.0 UHD Bluray and regular Bluray for preorder:

https://store.gkids.com/collections/evangelion

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Is GKids reputable that you're aware of?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I like their Ghibli releases pretty well, I think this release will probably be good if it follows that quality. I would like someone to re release at least 1.11 since I can’t seem to find that for a price I’m willing to pay but it will be nice to have the other three films once this one is out.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hilario Baldness posted:

Yeah I have their ultimate Evangelion bluray collection and it’s great

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hilario Baldness posted:

Yes, they've done well with their other releases and they sent corrected discs out for free when they made a mastering error earlier.

Kingoffrogs
Aug 14, 2023
I finished the entire franchise in 3 days. Great franchise, would've been better if the protagonist wasn't a pussy, I think.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Nice sock puppet

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think it would have been better if the protagonist got gender affirming surgery to get one

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Stairmaster posted:

I think it would have been better if the protagonist got gender affirming surgery to get one

:yeah:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

They should make an anime of some of the weird spin-off mangas like the one where it reads like a silly regular school romcom or other.
Or adapt just the SRW arc where Shinji is a badass

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So just a whole series based on his high school imagination with professor Misato telling all the dudes to listen up.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

GateOfD posted:

They should make an anime of some of the weird spin-off mangas like the one where it reads like a silly regular school romcom or other.
Or adapt just the SRW arc where Shinji is a badass

There's the Angelic Days manga, based off the Normal Schoolgirl Rei scene

Campus Apocalypse reimagines the Angels as varying levels of manga prettyboys/girls while Shinji runs around with a gun, Asuka gets a whip, and Rei gets the lance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

this owns, shinji's face is absolutely on point