Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Benson Cunningham posted:

It's a 10c item unfortunately. Meaning, put it up for 10c and it may sell or it may get vendored later.

have had much better luck moving random poo poo at 20c than at 10c, ironically

I think its just the ease of click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Aight, I'll throw it in at 20 and see how that goes. Cheers.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Plague Suit
General's Brigandine
--------
Quality: +20%
Armour: 516
Evasion Rating: 516
--------
Grace has 23% increased Aura Effect (implicit)
16% increased Chaos Damage (implicit)
--------
+106 to maximum Life
+48% to Fire Resistance
24% increased Stun and Block Recovery
9% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage
8% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Lightning Damage
7% increased maximum Life (crafted)
5% increased maximum Mana (crafted)

just finally six linked this rare chest

time to see how it feels compared to Kintsugi (also I have the "has been hit recently" box ticked so it shows a much bigger evasion loss, but also doesn't cut down all the effective hit pools by 30%)

also six linked a Lightning Coil I can try if I don't like it :D

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 27, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are you ssf?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

No

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I tried the lightning coil and didn’t like it. I was getting hit way more than I normally do

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Frank Frank posted:

I tried the lightning coil and didn’t like it. I was getting hit way more than I normally do

Are you dying more than you normally do? Because mitigating damage from hits lets you survive more encounters (generally) than dodging, because eventually a big hit leaks through.

More, smaller hits does put more pressure on your lifegain attrition, so you might need to re-evaluate your life recovery solution.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

kintsugi feels really awful too though when I'm getting peppered with hits by say, Eater mobs in crimson temple, which have been my biggest RIP source recently

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I die when (in order of frequency):
* Not paying attention and I’m bleeding while running around very quickly
* unexpected physical damage reflect
* bad chain stun where I don’t have brine king allocated
* very bad series of crits

E: yeah the crimson township boss is a big fuckin’ issue. I’m assuming you meant township and not temple because there’s nothing hard in temple. I can’t run anything that has a bonus to boss chaos raise or health because it has to die super fast before it splits.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 27, 2023

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

I die when (in order of frequency):
* Not paying attention and I’m bleeding while running around very quickly
* unexpected physical damage reflect
* bad chain stun where I don’t have brine king allocated
* very bad series of crits

E: yeah the crimson township boss is a big fuckin’ issue. I’m assuming you meant township and not temple because there’s nothing hard in temple. I can’t run anything that has a bonus to boss chaos raise or health because it has to die super fast before it splits.

What do you have for your minor Pantheon? Ralakesh can help you with the moving while bleeding damage and Yulug can help mitigate some of the reflect damage.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

logger posted:

What do you have for your minor Pantheon? Ralakesh can help you with the moving while bleeding damage and Yulug can help mitigate some of the reflect damage.

I have a health flask that counteracts bleeding if I’m paying attention. Minor I swap around depending on what I need. There’s one that boosts defense when more enemies are around? That one is default but there one for shock, one for burning ground, one for chaining etc. I’d set my health flask to trigger when bleeding but I’m afraid it might suddenly eat all my charges which would be worse than doing it manually.

I don’t even attempt to kill things with physical reflect. If I absolutely had to I would use that minor but I don’t think it’d go well.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Frank Frank posted:

I’d set my health flask to trigger when bleeding but I’m afraid it might suddenly eat all my charges which would be worse than doing it manually.

I

1) the trigger will not eat charges for X amount of seconds while you are immune.

2) If you are constantly getting bleed every X seconds as soon as immune fades, either decide to pass by it or just don't move a lot

3) the trigger on bleed/corrupted+bleed/corrupted immunity can be moved to a utility flask if you have a potion you use very sparingly

used to be before those triggers went in, you either got a jewel or do some other nonsense

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Lightning Coil is extremely good for evasion builds. You take 1000 physical damage, LC reduces that to 500 phys and 125 lightning. Also since you're now taking less physical damage, it means your armor mitigates even more of it. Yeah, you'll get hit more often, but the big drawback of evasion is that eventually you will get hit. LC makes it so that the hits are less likely to one-shot you.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frank Frank posted:

I have a health flask that counteracts bleeding if I’m paying attention. Minor I swap around depending on what I need. There’s one that boosts defense when more enemies are around? That one is default but there one for shock, one for burning ground, one for chaining etc. I’d set my health flask to trigger when bleeding but I’m afraid it might suddenly eat all my charges which would be worse than doing it manually.

I don’t even attempt to kill things with physical reflect. If I absolutely had to I would use that minor but I don’t think it’d go well.

That minor isn't really enough on its own anyways, unless you have another source of reduced reflected damage taken, the amount remaining is usually enough to kill you. There's a pretty common sextant mod that's like "players and their minions cannot take reflected damage" -- that one makes it a total non-issue, so when it pops up I usually run any good maps I have with reflect mods on them.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So those simulacrum maps sure are something. I made it to round 25 before I ran out of chances. Some huge guy appeared that shot some enormous black death beam all over the place and I couldn't really get close enough to him to hurt him. Had 2 div drop though so not complaining.

E: Also apparently you can't use instilling orbs on life flasks. Boo.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 27, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Correct, instilling orbs apply to utility flasks. You can use them on unique flasks though! For some reason I assumed you couldn't for a long time.

Also Simulacrum gets very very hard but even if you don't finish it you can drop some good poo poo. My character is pretty tricked-out by now and I'm not even confident I could complete one (although I will give it another shot soon)

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I've been trying to complete all the challenges this season, which is the first time I've managed to get invested in the game beyond completing the acts and a few maps a few years back, which has been fun but quite difficult for me in places. I'm only a few categories away from finishing them all except for a couple of very grindy ones, but the category to kill four bosses at level 85 I'm completely stumped on and I just cannot do any of them. Either my build isn't so good for the bosses or I'm just really bad at doing the fights (it's this one).

Is there any way I could ask or pay someone here to help me out, and by help I mean kill them for me while I'm dead on the floor? Unless it doesn't work like that and I have to be alive at the kill.
I'm not sure which four would be the easiest but I have an assortment of fragments for them and I think just respeccing my atlas passives between the fights is the easiest way to go about it.

I wouldn't ask unless I really felt I couldn't do it but it just feels beyond my skill level (unless I make a new character for a different build I guess), and apologies if asking for this sort of thing is frowned upon :shobon:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

RoboJoe posted:

I've been trying to complete all the challenges this season, which is the first time I've managed to get invested in the game beyond completing the acts and a few maps a few years back, which has been fun but quite difficult for me in places. I'm only a few categories away from finishing them all except for a couple of very grindy ones, but the category to kill four bosses at level 85 I'm completely stumped on and I just cannot do any of them. Either my build isn't so good for the bosses or I'm just really bad at doing the fights (it's this one).

Is there any way I could ask or pay someone here to help me out, and by help I mean kill them for me while I'm dead on the floor? Unless it doesn't work like that and I have to be alive at the kill.
I'm not sure which four would be the easiest but I have an assortment of fragments for them and I think just respeccing my atlas passives between the fights is the easiest way to go about it.

I wouldn't ask unless I really felt I couldn't do it but it just feels beyond my skill level (unless I make a new character for a different build I guess), and apologies if asking for this sort of thing is frowned upon :shobon:

People on the discord can for sure help, or you can ask in general chat #5555 and probably someone will help, or you can also join the tft discord (sorry I forget what this stands for, the forbidden trove or something) where people sell boss running services. Uber bosses run about 1div each, but if you look around there are plenty of people who will do it for free if you're providing your own fragments.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Papercut posted:

People on the discord can for sure help, or you can ask in general chat #5555 and probably someone will help, or you can also join the tft discord (sorry I forget what this stands for, the forbidden trove or something) where people sell boss running services. Uber bosses run about 1div each, but if you look around there are plenty of people who will do it for free if you're providing your own fragments.
Okay, thanks, that sounds good. I often forget I'm in 5555 as I find it's not too active when I play but I think I'm on the discord so I might ask there too.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

goferchan posted:

Also Simulacrum gets very very hard but even if you don't finish it you can drop some good poo poo. My character is pretty tricked-out by now and I'm not even confident I could complete one (although I will give it another shot soon)

By the end I was luring enemies a group at a time back to the boat and killing them there. Then that big mofo spawned and he wouldn't leave the little town arena area which forced me to come to him. It didn't go well. I've done all but 2 of the breachlord encounters now. As soon as I finish that, I think I'm gonna switch to Delirum or Legion.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Frank Frank posted:

By the end I was luring enemies a group at a time back to the boat and killing them there. Then that big mofo spawned and he wouldn't leave the little town arena area which forced me to come to him. It didn't go well. I've done all but 2 of the breachlord encounters now. As soon as I finish that, I think I'm gonna switch to Delirum or Legion.

In later phases you (can) get multiple of those bosses at once

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I've also come back this league and wow, the endgame is vastly improved from the last time I seriously pushed maps - I think that would have been whichever league was after the conquerors got added? Very impressed at how nice the Atlas is now!

I'm looking at cleaning up achievements as well as challenges, anyone got any easy methods for Invested in Blood? Also, can you hit a Vaal Temple corruption from any T16 or does it have to be the natural ones?

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Ripper Swarm posted:

I'm looking at cleaning up achievements as well as challenges, anyone got any easy methods for Invested in Blood? Also, can you hit a Vaal Temple corruption from any T16 or does it have to be the natural ones?

Invested with Blood should be simple with a "Arrogance Support" gem, which simply makes skills reserve life instead of mana.

Vaal Temples can come from any T16 map.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

nexous posted:

In later phases you (can) get multiple of those bosses at once

There was one that popped up twice that I killed with no issues. Big doom laser guy was too much though.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

There was one that popped up twice that I killed with no issues. Big doom laser guy was too much though.

Yeah later you get big doom laser guy and the other guy at the same time and if I remember correctly you might get multiples of them in one wave.

Anyway the point is that simulacrum is HARD and you should be proud of yourself for getting to 25 (the max is 30).

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Arivia posted:

Yeah later you get big doom laser guy and the other guy at the same time and if I remember correctly you might get multiples of them in one wave.

Anyway the point is that simulacrum is HARD and you should be proud of yourself for getting to 25 (the max is 30).

Waves 22-25 were literally pulling enemies back to my portal a small group at a time, kiting them and hoping my DoT killed them while I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off trying not to get stunned. Walking into a mob of enemies at 25 was instant death even with immortal call firing as intended

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

M. Night Skymall posted:

This post makes me kinda sad about the state of the game industry that you figured the guide wanted you to spend real money to get their recommended gear.

Here's a maxroll guide on how to use the trade website: https://maxroll.gg/poe/getting-started/trading-for-beginners

Here's the site itself for crucible: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible

before there were good basic guide sites, most of the SEO'd build guides were on rmt sites that had dogshit builds that required tons of expensive items that they just so happened to have tons of links to buy for $$

the good builds were like some 500 view youtube video, poo poo streamers were playing, or whatever you could divine off of poe.ninja. that was still when 75% of the builds on the forums were some 10 season out of date build being showcased with mirror tier standard gear. it used to be loving bleak and I think that was one of the biggest reasons why poe had such a reputation as a hard game to get into.

based off all the people getting into poe these days, it seems pretty straight forward to pick up and play, albeit there is absolutely a lot to learn if you stick with the game significantly into the endgame

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 28, 2023

J
Jun 10, 2001

Simulacrum waves can vary pretty heavily in difficulty later on. The mods are random, and some of them are very nasty in combination. Bosses spawn on random waves and one wave can have multiple bosses spawn at once. Depending on how those lineup you could be in for a real bad time. But in any case it does require a rather good build to consistently clear waves 25+ without dying a lot.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
One of the biggest dangers of simu imo is that phys as extra comes with pen. 8n my simulacrum league when I ran hundreds (Sentinel), it was consistently the one mod (though often in conjunction with other mods) that could cause me to die. I was otherwise basically immortal short of doing really dumb poo poo. Consider that at 90 res, 10% pen is a double damage modifier. And then phys as extra on top, you're now taking 2-4x damage as you might otherwise have.

Some tips for omni/kosis: you can usually kite them both to one side of the arena and then drag one of them to the other side to fight them individually. Omni's attacks are very telegraphed and you should eventually be able to establish a good rhythm and never get hit.

Kosis is a little more difficult because he can explode the big black things on the ground which will trigger other ones to explode. Be aware of where those things are to figure out how far away you have to get.

Farming simu 30 basically takes a ton of damage and some amount of tank. Or just way more damage. The rewards can be really, really good. And the ecp is also exceptional. I think a single simulacrum gave me like, 7 levels at level 70something.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

One of the key things for Simulacra is having full elemental ailment immunity. Sap and Scorch can really F you in the A combined with all the other poo poo.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Frank Frank, share in my misery lol

Watcher's Eye
Prismatic Jewel

5% increased maximum Energy Shield
6% increased maximum Life
5% increased maximum Mana
47% chance to Blind Enemies which Hit you while affected by Grace
+21% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence
Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage 14% faster while affected by Malevolence

Note: ~price 80 divine

good lord

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tenkaris posted:

Frank Frank, share in my misery lol

Watcher's Eye
Prismatic Jewel

5% increased maximum Energy Shield
6% increased maximum Life
5% increased maximum Mana
47% chance to Blind Enemies which Hit you while affected by Grace
+21% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence
Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage 14% faster while affected by Malevolence

Note: ~price 80 divine

good lord

The awakened enhance/enlighten support gems go for 50div on console. I killed the guy that drops those eyes again today and he didn’t fuckin’ drop the thing even though I kept the Shaper safe. I thought it was a 100% chance to drop if the shaper didn’t die from that portal phase.

That’s a very nice jewel though.

Honestly, I have more trouble with the Minotaur than I do with the Elder. I need to do the shaper again now but I really struggled with it last time (didn’t know not to pop those bubbles). Accidentally did the chimera with Maven active today and although it wasn’t a super hard fight, it just took fuckin’ forever.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 28, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also there’s a thing people are doing in the trade market I don’t understand. I search for divines, find a guy selling one for a reasonable price, offer exactly what he’s asking and then wait. 2 hours later, the guy will reject my offer even though I literally gave him what he was asking for. If it only happened once, I’d write it off as a fluke but it has happened 4x now. I don’t get it. Am I supposed to tip or something? Wtf is the point of doing that? Just trolling/wasting my time on purpose?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Also there’s a thing people are doing in the trade market I don’t understand. I search for divines, find a guy selling one for a reasonable price, offer exactly what he’s asking and then wait. 2 hours later, the guy will reject my offer even though I literally gave him what he was asking for. If it only happened once, I’d write it off as a fluke but it has happened 4x now. I don’t get it. Am I supposed to tip or something? Wtf is the point of doing that? Just trolling/wasting my time on purpose?

They are trying to convince people to sell divines for that price, or less since people will undercut, they want to buy them for less than that, not sell.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
people place listings at prices they have no interest in honoring so that other people will think that is the price, list theirs at that price, and then the person with the fake listing will buy the item. the playerbase calls it pricefixing (even though that's not technically what it is, but it's too late to change that)

it's dumb and reason #252602 why ggg just needs to implement a basic flea market for currency/mapping supplies/commodities

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Price fixers are everywhere. I'm surprised the awakened exceptional gems are only 50d on console. I thought they would be much more.

Scarabs and essences are also rife with price fixers.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

totalnewbie posted:

Price fixers are everywhere. I'm surprised the awakened exceptional gems are only 50d on console. I thought they would be much more.

guessing it's just a matter of there's not enough buyers to stir up demand? there are 2 awakened Enlightens (35d, 50d), 3 awakened Empowers (15d, 30d, 54d), and 4 awakened Enhance (14d, 20d, 20d, 25d) total listed on PS4. i wish i could search for bulk currency listings on PS4 to better see how many folks are actually even sitting on 50d on PS4

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 28, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Frank Frank posted:

I killed the guy that drops those eyes again today and he didn’t fuckin’ drop the thing even though I kept the Shaper safe. I thought it was a 100% chance to drop if the shaper didn’t die from that portal phase.

lolno

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/The_Elder#Drops

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
probably only a matter of time before frank has the traditional hardcore trade experience of messaging himself to buy an item

Aye Doc posted:

guessing it's just a matter of there's not enough people even buyers to stir up demand? there are 2 awakened Enlightens (35d, 50d), 3 awakened Empowers (15d, 30d, 54d), and 4 awakened Enhance (14d, 20d, 20d, 25d) total listed on PS4. i wish i could search for bulk currency listings on PS4 to better see how many folks are actually even sitting on 50d on PS4

yeah especially not this late in the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

M. Night Skymall posted:

They are trying to convince people to sell divines for that price, or less since people will undercut, they want to buy them for less than that, not sell.

:rolleyes: goddamn that’s annoying. What a waste of time.

What’s the point of the Vaal temple map? Is it just all of those Vaal strongbox containers? Lots and lots of breaches too but they’re annoying to run in there because of all the doors and narrow pathways. I’ve had a couple of those maps drop (with the big red dot in the middle of them). Wasn’t sure what the deal was or if there was something else I was supposed to do there.