Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I, obviously, take my piss in crystal form.
that's called kidney stones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mystes posted:

that's called kidney stones

it's called gout

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jesus gently caress these Air Max 97s are uncomfortable, what the heck, Nike?!

Maybe I should see about some News Balance once I get my vacation money.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
monarchs

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
wescos

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I Googled a bit and apparently the 97s just are a really hosed up shoe by design. Loads of people complaining about pinching or rubbing in exactly the same spot (and also surprisingly many, like me, experiencing it only on the right foot but maybe that's just whatchamacallit bias)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

monarchs look like something off aliexpress lmao

why not some osiris while im at it

e: mind you the 97s are really ugly too so :shrug:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

why did you buy the ugly painful shoes jerry

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

why did you buy the ugly painful shoes jerry

sale

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

buying clothes/shoes suck rear end

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i like buying clothes and shoes :shobon:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My feet are a weird shape so I have to basically re-lace everything before I can even get them on (except, for some reason, the Bape STAs I got) and it sucks to do at the shoe store especially since you might have to do it several times.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

jesus WEP posted:

i like buying clothes and shoes :shobon:

weirdo!!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i put my back out on saturday lifting an empty cardboard box, and it still hurts

is this what the next 40 years are going to be now?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sweevo posted:

i put my back out on saturday lifting an empty cardboard box, and it still hurts

is this what the next 40 years are going to be now?

nah.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it’ll get even worse :twisted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
compressed lumbar spine to own the libs

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

hokas are my preferred old man shoe. very comfortable and supportive.

i’m two hours away from an echocardiogram at a hospital! why they couldn’t just do the echo two weeks ago at the cardiologist’s office is a mystery to me but whatevs (jk its so they can bill me more for an addiitonal visit + hospital costs) let’s see if my ekg is just eternally “weird” or if there is something treatable going on.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Turnquiet posted:

Hey I'm middle-aged not old!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Turnquiet posted:

i’m two hours away from an echocardiogram at a hospital! why they couldn’t just do the echo two weeks ago at the cardiologist’s office is a mystery to me but whatevs (jk its so they can bill me more for an addiitonal visit + hospital costs) let’s see if my ekg is just eternally “weird” or if there is something treatable going on.

hope u r ok

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

compressed lumbar spine to own the libs

it’s working

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

for being so popular nike sure makes a lot of bad shoes

see also unobtanium $300 retros with smeared glue and cheap leather

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
a lot of really popular shoes are hideous. makes u think

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

qirex posted:

for being so popular nike sure makes a lot of bad shoes

see also unobtanium $300 retros with smeared glue and cheap leather
the hypebeast that shouted fam at the kicks of the world

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

3D Megadoodoo posted:

monarchs look like something off aliexpress lmao

why not some osiris while im at it

e: mind you the 97s are really ugly too so :shrug:

thats the entire point you dweeb

ive gotten more compliments on my monarchs from randos than all my other shoes combined. they are the prototypical dad shoe and very comfortable.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Jonny 290 posted:

thats the entire point you dweeb

ive gotten more compliments on my monarchs from randos than all my other shoes combined. they are the prototypical dad shoe and very comfortable.

relatedly i get more compliments on my internet glasses than i ever have in like anything else. randos tell me how much they like them all the time

it’s a weird experience for me lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

for every nerve you don’t pinch I’m going to pinch two

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

for every nerve you don’t pinch I’m going to pinch two

Oo behave.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Jesus gently caress these Air Max 97s are uncomfortable, what the heck, Nike?!

i wear 'barefoot' shoes because I am a hippy, apparently

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

not the toe ones though. ugh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cowboy beepboop posted:

i wear 'barefoot' shoes because I am a hippy, apparently

that's illegal

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

so wide and comfortable

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mlyp

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

echo was normal based on the readout i got, but im still waiting for the cardiologist to give me his read. thinking we may be at a coin flip of “eh we couldn’t see the right ventricle perfectly clearly let’s do a dye and stress test just to be sure” and “i guess you are just a mutant waht with weird EKG readings for 10 years”

all things equal, i think i would like to do the dye stress test if it is what he suggests even if it is just to juice me out of more billing- if there are any partial occlusions, seems like it would be a good idea to discover them before they actualluy cause damage??!?! then again im no smarty pants insurance adjuster maximizing shareholder value

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Turnquiet posted:

echo was normal based on the readout i got, but im still waiting for the cardiologist to give me his read. thinking we may be at a coin flip of “eh we couldn’t see the right ventricle perfectly clearly let’s do a dye and stress test just to be sure” and “i guess you are just a mutant waht with weird EKG readings for 10 years”

all things equal, i think i would like to do the dye stress test if it is what he suggests even if it is just to juice me out of more billing- if there are any partial occlusions, seems like it would be a good idea to discover them before they actualluy cause damage??!?! then again im no smarty pants insurance adjuster maximizing shareholder value

hey, normal is normal

i'd probably get the extra tests too if i felt i had to be absolutely sure but tbh i'd be celebrating

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh my god i think i just threw out my back pooping

not sitting down

not standing up

the act itself

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Achmed Jones posted:

not sitting down

not standing up

the act itself

was it worth it?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

not sitting down

not standing up

the act itself

I could never afford to throw out anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

not sitting down

not standing up

the act itself

did it flush