Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I don't hate the art style. Good first step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Zathras looking pretty smooth there

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I think I actually like that design choice a lot. It's got the right feel, like a mix of late 90s anime and American animation styles booted into the 2020s and I can't really think of a better way to do it. Legit a little surprised.

Poor Lennier is pale as hell though

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

As long as it doesn’t turn out to be cheater 3D like Beastars it looks pretty good, at least in stills

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

That looks awful. And cheap.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Gnome de plume posted:

Zathras looking pretty smooth there

No, that's Zathras

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

MikusR posted:

That looks awful. And cheap.

I'm not sure why, but it's pinging as 3d for me.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Maera Sior posted:

I'm not sure why, but it's pinging as 3d for me.

I agree completely. Those are definitely 3D models. It's excruciatingly obvious when you click on them. They're almost Telltale quality models. It's not necessarily a deal breaker for me, though.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

I agree completely. Those are definitely 3D models. It's excruciatingly obvious when you click on them. They're almost Telltale quality models. It's not necessarily a deal breaker for me, though.

They would not look out of place in Zelda: BotW/Tears of the Kingdom. Very similarly cel-shaded 3D models.

Personally I have no issue with this style.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

T.C. posted:

No, that's Zathras

Easy mistake to make, but it's actually Zathras

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

zathras not of this toon. you watch, zathras smooth. you skip, zathras smooth. either way, smooth for zathras.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Zat posted:

Personally I have no issue with this style.

Big part will be how it looks animated, but the still images don't look promising on that front. For some reason the thing they look like to me is Kids Against the Sorcerers. But i really would like to be wrong on that.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

RWBYlon 5

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.
imho, the 90s CGI looked better.

It continues the proud tradition of no budget, there’s just no magician with an Amiga this time.

Gyrotica fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 10, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So the most generic and basic art style imaginable. Which I mean this is exactly what I was expecting anyways. I just want a good B5 story again.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

If they couldn't afford Prodigy style cgi, then they should have gone with Reboot style cgi.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
You cannot write a Zathras joke that I won't find funny. It's impossible.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Straczynski has confirmed that Christopher Franke is semi-retired in Germany and did not do the score for the animated movie. Kristopher Carter (Batman Beyond), Michael McCuiston (Spectacular Spider-Man) and Lolita Ritmanis (Avengers Assemble, a lot of animated DC stuff) are handling the music.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'm okay with that look.

What's sad is, we've got three re-casts in three images. RIP Richard Biggs, Tim Choate, and Mira Furlan.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I think I'm just beyond the Rim of caring about new B5 content. I hope it succeeds for the sake of the people involved.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm in the middle of another rewatch. We started with Season 3 and got to 4 and it was so good we went back and are now bingeing all of season 2 and then will go back to 4 lol
:)

I adore seeing Sheridan and Delenn's romance blossom

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

You cannot write a Zathras joke that I won't find funny. It's impossible.

But what about a Zathras joke?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Trailer tomorrow. Tiny clip:

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1669011815446249475

Looks pretty good in motion to me.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Baby on 5 what?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Seeing like a phalanx of Shadows as if they were cheap fodder is weird. Otherwise it looks good, I'm excited for the trailer.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Well, it didn't seem like Shadows themselves are particularly tough. Sheridan fights his way out of the room on Z'ha'dum with just a PPG, and that one gets killed by the Centauri guards just spraying it. Vorlons were a lot more personally imposing.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Grand Fromage posted:

Well, it didn't seem like Shadows themselves are particularly tough. Sheridan fights his way out of the room on Z'ha'dum with just a PPG, and that one gets killed by the Centauri guards just spraying it. Vorlons were a lot more personally imposing.

I just question where they would come from in the first place. Two seemed to always oversee Morden, but why would they come aboard B5 like this instead of blowing it up like they did in the bad B4/B5 future? I know it's a small nitpick, but it's the only thing bugging me about the teaser (no pun intended).

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Torrannor posted:

I just question where they would come from in the first place. Two seemed to always oversee Morden, but why would they come aboard B5 like this instead of blowing it up like they did in the bad B4/B5 future? I know it's a small nitpick, but it's the only thing bugging me about the teaser (no pun intended).

Didn't they board the station in the bad future? Garibaldi seemed to be fighting them. This is supposed to be like universe jumping stuff, so I'm guessing that's what we're seeing.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Torrannor posted:

This whole movie seems to be like a B5 version of "what if" so like, it doesn't have to make sense given the state of the world as we knew it.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Grand Fromage posted:

Trailer tomorrow. Tiny clip:

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1669011815446249475

Looks pretty good in motion to me.

Looks like better choreographed action scenes than the show :v:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Looks like better choreographed action scenes than the show :v:

This has a bigger budget. :razzy:

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Full trailer out early on Amazon (and it also says $20 and an August 14th release).

I think it looks pretty alright, and if its better than Picard then its good enough for me.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Looks great. Please don't be Legend of the Rangers. :pray:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I preordered it, cause it's not like I'm not going to watch it.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Twitter link

https://twitter.com/wbhomeent/status/1669374369410478082?s=46

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Sliders/B5 crossover that all the casting decisions have been setting up for years!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Midjack posted:

The Sliders/B5 crossover that all the casting decisions have been setting up for years!

Was there anyone else on both Sliders and B5 other than Peter Jurassic?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Okay, that looks good. Excellent premise.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That looks like a ton of fun.

Glad they got the entire living cast back. G'Kar at the end though :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

theblackw0lf posted: