Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sockser posted:

This is an idea I've had sitting in a notes app for three years and I finally made it, here you go

.....motherfucker..... :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20230525-david-lynch-interview-how-the-mulholland-drive-director-worked-with-composer-angelo-badalamenti

Lynch did an interview with BBC Radio 3 about Angelo that's going to broadcast tomorrow, this is the text version. it's yrev very good

quote:

MS: I've noticed that all the way through this conversation David, you've referred to him in the present tense.

DL: You have to keep Angelo alive. I believe life is a continuum, and that no one really dies, they just drop their physical body and we'll all meet again, like the song says. It's sad but it's not devastating if you think like that. Otherwise I don't see how anybody could ever, once they see someone die, that they'd just disappear forever and that's what we're all bound to do. I'm sorry but it just doesn't make any sense, it's a continuum, and we're all going to be fine at the end of the story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"we're all going to be fine at the end of the story."

Hell yeah we are, Mr. Lynch :shobon:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

As much as Laura's scream (you hear it now when you read this, don't you?) is a part of us, and maybe even our cultural lexicon, so is Angelo Badalamenti.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
David Lynch is such a treasure.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

twin peaks is coming back

https://twitter.com/GoldieChan/status/1669500822982639617

i was crazy all those other 99 times i thought twin peaks was coming back, but this time, im perfectly sane

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

"Cannot retrieve tweets at this time"

What it do?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Just found out this existed:

The original TV pilot of Mulholland Drive.

https://youtu.be/kcXt3ufaLgc

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Mr.Acula posted:

"Cannot retrieve tweets at this time"

What it do?

it was a tweet from GoldieChan on June 15 saying she was eating at Arbor in West Hollywood and they had closed off most of the restaurant because David Lynch was shooting a film there\

e:

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 21, 2023

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

that restaurant looks like it only serves salad. david lynch would not patronize it, not even just to film

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Just found out this existed:

The original TV pilot of Mulholland Drive.

https://youtu.be/kcXt3ufaLgc

Really interesting. The Winkie's hobo monster scene is cut but he appears in the closing shot. I wonder if the Winkie's scene would have been in a later episode. And the audition scene is still incredible and powerful but in its trimmed down state here it's a bit diminished. And of course with the pilot ending with the discovery of Diane Selwin's body there's no Club Silencio or the entire paradigm shift of the film.

Really seems like a series reboot / reimagining, in the vein of Fargo, would be right up HBO's alley.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I refuse to fall for "new David Lynch show!" again.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
i love twin peaks

hughesta fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 29, 2023

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

hughesta posted:

i love twin peaks

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

hughesta posted:

i love twin peaks

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

hughesta posted:

i love twin peaks

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

hughesta posted:

invitation to love twin peaks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Something great about Twin Peaks is that it kind of defies description, no one line can really sum up the wildly divergent ways it makes me feel and the quality of it-

hughesta posted:

i love twin peaks

Nevermind, I was wrong. :shobon:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

hughesta posted:

i love twin peaks

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

hughesta posted:

i love twin peaks

I loaned my blu rays to one of my friends, I hope they love it as much as I do

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Anyone have thoughts on the Oppenheimer bomb scene?

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

hughesta posted:

i love twin peaks

:yossame: friend, :yossame: :coffee:

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Consummate Professional posted:

I was looking for Bob but he didn’t appear

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

hughesta posted:

i love twin peaks

All two seasons of it. And a movie.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

MikusR posted:

All two seasons of it. And a movie.

Season 3 made Twin Peaks my undisputed #1 favorite series of all time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Twin Peaks Season 3 finally, indisputably, answered the question of what it is they do at the FBI :hmmyes:

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Ain’t got poo poo on E08.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Zam Wesell posted:

Greatest scene in all of television.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I thought it was real impressive and the best scene in the movie by far, but still,

Zam Wesell posted:

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Zam Wesell posted:

Saw Oppenheimer with a buddy yesterday, we thought it was fine, pretty good but not exactly mind-blowing like we’d hoped

Then later that night I showed him S03E08 and he hasn’t stopped talking about it since.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Zam Wesell posted:

I would pay $30 just to watch this episode alone in IMAX

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Mr.Acula posted:

I would pay $30 just to watch this episode alone in IMAX

gently caress YES.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
this dumb thing i made is only for the viewing pleasure of you guys and your tulpas.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=pBwhCXxC15E

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I'm midway through season 2 right now watching this show through for the "kinda" first time (I'd seen season 1 before, and a few episodes of season 3 at the time it came out just caught up in the hype of Lynch making something new) and absolutely loving it. The main thing that is kind of staggering to me though is how much of the cast didnt really have amazing careers afterwards outside of Twin Peaks - obviously Kyle Maclachlan is a star, and there's lots of people in the show like David Patrick Kelly who "show up" in things, but for most of the cast it seems like they never were in anything else huge afterward. But they're great!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's interesting how there's these cliques of actors and directors who all travel together and whose fortunes rise and fall as a unit, outside of specific individual star careers; like there's a small list of actors surrounding Lynch who keep recurring in all his stuff. I was not at all surprised to see Naomi Watts and Laura Dern eventually show up in Twin Peaks.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 12, 2023

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Laura Palmer - She's Everything, He's Just Bob

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I'm midway through season 2 right now watching this show through for the "kinda" first time (I'd seen season 1 before, and a few episodes of season 3 at the time it came out just caught up in the hype of Lynch making something new) and absolutely loving it. The main thing that is kind of staggering to me though is how much of the cast didnt really have amazing careers afterwards outside of Twin Peaks - obviously Kyle Maclachlan is a star, and there's lots of people in the show like David Patrick Kelly who "show up" in things, but for most of the cast it seems like they never were in anything else huge afterward. But they're great!

Madchen is a decent TV star, and don’t forget David Duchovny and Billie Zane. Laura Flynn Boyle was doing well until she started getting bad plastic surgery. But yeah, more Bobby Briggs and Audrey Horne would have been welcome…

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Looks like someone is making a ps1 Twin Peaks game if anyone is interested:
https://blueroseteam.itch.io/twin-peaks-into-the-night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvii7t61BM4

Mr.Acula fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
That game came out, it was called Silent Hill. It also got several sequels, including Mizzurna Falls, Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition