Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Tonight was supposed to be different, T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

RocketMermaid posted:

Tonight was supposed to be different, T.

Holy poo poo, I have been looking for this particular strip forever, so glad it got posted just now on the Patreon. I vaguely remembered the guys trying to eat and review every menu item at Taco Bell and then Teodor freaking out at the colossal amount of sodium he just ingested. I guess the fact that it was a one-off for Dark Horse is why I couldn't find it again.

"Teodor, I have never heard of someone using tequila so selfishly." So many great lines in this one :allears:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
This is a classic.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

I love the little chomping lines on Teodore’s snout. I can just see it rumpling up with the chewing.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Teodora kidneys looking like a sped up video of two little accordions

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
You are wearing matching Fila track suits with white piping. This...pleases me.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It’s funny because it means that Ray owns multiple matching Fila tracksuits.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
And in different sizes in case he needs to coordinate with his boys like he had this exact situation in mind which is extra funny

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)
Oh poo poo I can replace the ones in the books with proper highres versions! What a day!

I've been holding off putting the patreon stuff in the books but this I'll make an exception for.

Edit: God I hope he does the Garage Sale too?

Dunny fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 2, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

moot the hopple posted:

And in different sizes in case he needs to coordinate with his boys like he had this exact situation in mind which is extra funny

I mean, if I were Ray level rich and had a history of having one or more of the homies living in my poolhouse, then yeah, I’d do the same

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Oh no, I am having Sympathy for Pat. Maybe even...Empathy??? Oh God. Oh no.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Deathlove posted:

Oh no, I am having Sympathy for Pat. Maybe even...Empathy??? Oh God. Oh no.

Pat: "annihilation of their rejection"

Next two panels: dc lol

e: Also not that he's been quietly downgraded from br.... to Pat.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Oh, balls.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

That *KLIK* in the last panel is just perfect Onstad pacing, especially after Ramathustra Ron diassembled Pat's loving soul in the previous panel.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Just curious, are there any strips that are about Pat being friends with Ray and Roast Beef in their childhood? I know Ray and Beef have been friends since small times but I can't remember ones that reference Pat in those days.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

moot the hopple posted:

Just curious, are there any strips that are about Pat being friends with Ray and Roast Beef in their childhood? I know Ray and Beef have been friends since small times but I can't remember ones that reference Pat in those days.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

This strip today and the story about Pat's encounter with Keith the cop are pretty incredible in making Pat an honest to god person instead of a one-dimensional rear end in a top hat.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ray ate the reason that Pat is a vegan.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Necronomicon posted:

This strip today and the story about Pat's encounter with Keith the cop are pretty incredible in making Pat an honest to god person instead of a one-dimensional rear end in a top hat.
Between this and how Onstad handled the question of generative AI we are so back

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

love that Pat is able to keep it together for Sondra but you can tell he's having a hard time with it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Nessus posted:

Between this and how Onstad handled the question of generative AI we are so back

How did that go?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

How did that go?

it was liebot

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

robot roll call posted:

love that Pat is able to keep it together for Sondra but you can tell he's having a hard time with it

To her credit, Ray's mom is also doing her best with Pat, bless her.

Incidentally, I love this little moment between her and Ramses at Molly and Roast Beef's wedding

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

moot the hopple posted:

he was too busy being with simon to hang with ray and beef (the middle cat, not ray, not pat)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Deathlove posted:

he was too busy being with simon to hang with ray and beef (the middle cat, not ray, not pat)

lol Simon wasn’t even gay at that point (because of the Reynolds family history, not because he was in the closet)

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just cracked open Jimmy Corrigan, Smartest Kid On Earth for the first time and it's immediately obvious that this was a huge inspiration to Onstad in some regards

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

moot the hopple posted:

Incidentally, I love this little moment between her and Ramses at Molly and Roast Beef's wedding

lyle is doing his best neil hamburger here

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I think that was the only time Lyle was ever intimidated by anything or anyone

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in defense of lyle's foolhardiness and obliviousness, I don't think it was so much intimidation as knowledge that he was somewhere he shouldn't be. the establishing panel has him sweating and looking just uncomfortable as all hell. I don't think he's so much afraid of ray's progenitor as it is that he's occupying a space he shouldn't be. he knows it, the universe knows it, the subtle tap on the shoulder is a final confirmation, but not really the instigation to get him out of his seat

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
it’s the man with the blood on his hands

you think Lyle doesn’t know about Rodney Leonard Stubbs (and also Ramses Luther Smuckles)?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lyle knows about Stubbs, he was being a mark for the GOF when they were watching the British dude's liveblog.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I imagine some healthy degree of fear of Ramses is there, but it seems more than that, like I get the vibe that Lyle is holding back his usual impulses to be gross and crass for other reasons as well, like doing so in front of Ray's mom would be a violation of the natural order of the universe that even a gonzo bum like him can recognize

Well that and also I imagine he knows that even if Ramses didn't murder him for it, Ray would probably pay some people to have a Death Relationship with him for it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Lyle’s not that kind of dude, you guys are overthinking this

Like of course he knows who Ramses is and respects him on several levels and probably Sondra too but also this is Rays parents at Roast Beef’s wedding y’all don’t need to write an essay about it

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, this is "Lyle is hot and uncomfortable in a suit, someone is going to ask him to move, he mean-mugs, realizes/Fears, exuent." No need to dig deep.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Wouldn't be the Achewood thread if we didn't overanalyze things

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

drrockso20 posted:

Wouldn't be the Achewood thread if we didn't overanalyze things

Achewood is a celebration of the English language.

Achewood thread is its requiem :rip:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Ramses' chi is enormously powerful. He knows one of the seven syllables of royalty and is bearer of the word HUSH

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man now I don't even know if I like Royalty! I got to take stock.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phy posted:

Man now I don't even know if I like Royalty! I got to take stock.

.... when mayors aren't enough ....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

not even a hint of lyle leaving his seat. he sees ramses and is No Longer There

e: i remember an assetbar comment saying something along the lines of "this is like looking up and seeing tom waits, johnny cash and clint eastwood asking for your seat at the same time"

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 8, 2023