Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
What show/season are y’all watching right now that has a lemonade stand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

*Johan voice* “You’re an angry elf.”

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Latest season of The Other Way

Thinking about it, a lemonade stand would actually be an upgrade to their current situation because it would involve actually making something and selling for profit instead of hoping the god of arbitrage is smiling on them

Perhaps they should use their all concrete pill box to sell cheap hot snacks

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Brandon loved Mary so much he took her behind a lemonade stand and got her pregnant

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

remigious posted:

What show/season are y’all watching right now that has a lemonade stand?

Brandan and Mary's "store"

It blows my mind that moments after they introduced this store idea, Mary flat out said "We can't price our stuff too high, because there are a bunch of other stores right nearby"

WHY

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Corn Glizzy posted:

It blows my mind that moments after they introduced this store idea, Mary flat out said "We can't price our stuff too high, because there are a bunch of other stores right nearby"

WHY

Omg I just started episode one. They are enormous dumb dumbs but I feel bad for brandan because he’s clearly harboring a lot of unresolved trauma…but then again I guess so is everyone else on this show.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Corn Glizzy posted:

WHY

Lol, the fact they can walk to the real store to buy stuff for their fake store should have been a lightbulb moment. They also went like $1000 USD in the hole somehow.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

When this stupid season started I was so excited that we had an <American> with a <Vietnamese> because my wife is second generation Vietnamese and I was hoping she'd tell me when we get a, "YOUR SOUL IS UGLY!" moment like we got with Ed back when. She reports to me that Riley v Rose is quite boring but rest assured they are both complete loving assholes.

Bad season. Did not like.

Angela is still a flaming trash can of a human.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I do not remotely understand this show. It never shows them acting like a family or doing anything at all besides refer vaguely to these contextless, inexplicable, never ending arguments and fights. It’s like a fever dream.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Tiny Timbs posted:

I do not remotely understand this show. It never shows them acting like a family or doing anything at all besides refer vaguely to these contextless, inexplicable, never ending arguments and fights. It’s like a fever dream.

That’s because they aren’t really a family.
All the women act like they’re ok with the new wife and then they make the best of the situation by becoming besties with the other women while Kody lords power and control dynamics over all of them and unilaterally makes life altering decisions for the whole group. Meanwhile the only wife he has a thing for anymore is Roblox Robyn. Even when he neglected Merri to the point she got bored of being alone and got catfished, he refused to accept that he had some part in that.
It’s all about Kody being the center of attention.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

They did an episode on Kodys birthday that the wives talked about how it is really important to him and he likes his whole family around and giving him gifts and attention. All I could think of was “well, no poo poo”

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Kody is an incredible piece of poo poo. He makes Pa Duggar seem wholesome by comparison.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He's also gone full MRA in the latest seasons and has started talking about giving in to his dark urges and being the monster they think he is and all this serial killer style stuff

And now he's out of wives except for Robin to focus all his anger on so she's going to leave him before too long, no doubt
or he'll bring in a new wife to replace her

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Robyn is such a miserable person that the people doing her makeup let her go out with the most ridiculous looking comma eye brows

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Her eyebrows are so loving distracting lmao

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
I have a theory that Kody is a full-blown solipsist. His constant astonishment that anyone could feel anything that he doesn’t approve of makes sense if he literally doesn’t believe that other people exist as beings that have internal lives or experiences. He’s God’s special boy and it is baffling that he doesn’t have an uninterruptible supply of completely deferential wives

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Just started 90 day the other way. I can’t wait for Brandon to leave Eugene.
I really prefer when everyone is from some hick town and I can dismiss it as “they’re not real people they’re from Texas / Florida…” if you have to be on a video call while you poo in the rv in which you live, there’s no red flag big enough.

Edit: dude isn’t even from Eugene. He’s in cottage grove.
This girl is way too over reactive.

My wife is accusing Holly of having extensions.

otter fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 9, 2023

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

otter posted:

I would hope that extensions would look less ratty! I hope Holly actually leaves that dude like the previews seem to indicate.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Big lol from Jasmine listing out all the reasons why Gino is too ugly for anyone else to want him. Dude has a huge humiliation fetish

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Jasmine's new face and rear end are reaching uncanny valley levels, this woman has no off-screen friends.

otter posted:

Nah, that's all natural grass-fed cult-member hair. kind of gives me the creeps.

the new girl from london is wearing expensive wigs badly tho, had me squinting at her hairline.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Sarper plz :justpost:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I love that Brandan just goes and sleeps in the town square while all the locals wonder why the foreigner is sleeping there

He's gonna end up being an urban legend

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone elsewhere deemed them Pole and Karine v.2

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Corn Glizzy posted:

I love that Brandan just goes and sleeps in the town square while all the locals wonder why the foreigner is sleeping there

He's gonna end up being an urban legend

I haven’t made it that far yet but lol.
Wayne seems scummy but that might be my bias against guys named Wayne. Seriously. All of them. First name, middle name, last name. John Wayne Gacy and Wayne Brady alike. .

Re: Kim - I’m not Clairvoyant, I’m not claircognizant, I haven’t even eaten an eclair in a while but drat she gives off the -vibes- of someone who is a mega flake.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

otter posted:

I haven’t made it that far yet but lol.
Wayne seems scummy but that might be my bias against guys named Wayne. Seriously. All of them. First name, middle name, last name. John Wayne Gacy and Wayne Brady alike. .

Re: Kim - I’m not Clairvoyant, I’m not claircognizant, I haven’t even eaten an eclair in a while but drat she gives off the -vibes- of someone who is a mega flake.

The only dude named Wayne I know is ALSO a toolbag, so you're not wrong

Also the new season of 90DF lookin' to be real interesting the witch having a panic attack and the producers editing in horn honks, or even just honking at her themselves from the chase vehicle to really amplify the situation had me dying. Jasmine being Jasmine over that text message, I can't wait to see her interact with the family in person

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That was 100% not an actual panic attack, just an interpretation of what a panic attack might look like in a cartoon

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely a fake panic attack. No way would I still be driving during a panic attack.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I think I'm going to check out of this 90 Day Season. There's been too much Gino and Jasmine for me as it is and once you realise that the two weirdos do seem to love one another it makes it more transparent how they're just concerned with giving good TV, which means more and more forced fights. Though funnily enough I thought Gino leaving his job for a while to help make sure Jasmine gets set up right in the US was one of the more thoughtful things I've seen anyone on this show do.

Also, getting strong influencer vibes from some of the others and they tend to flame out pretty quickly.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I’m very annoyed at this “I’m having a panic attack so let me dial up my sister for a conversation while I drive around instead of pulling off the road”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah it is impossible for me to give the slightest gently caress about anyone describing themselves as or acting like an influencer so that really cuts down on my enjoyment of their segments

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Omg this Armando and Kenny situation is heartbreaking. Armando wants a baby so badly and Kenny clearly doesn’t :(

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Armando has a baby, and I'm not entirely convinced anyone actually asked her for her opinion, either.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Armando kind of did when he was trying to guilt Kenny into relenting

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
I’m just catching up on last resort…I absolutely hate how hard they are ripping into Yara about the birth control thing. Jovi should not be allowed to force her to have another baby, that is insane.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

remigious posted:

I’m just catching up on last resort…I absolutely hate how hard they are ripping into Yara about the birth control thing. Jovi should not be allowed to force her to have another baby, that is insane.

This post is 100% correct.
Fuuuuuuuck Jovi and anyone who agrees with him.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Jovi sucks hard, but I think you should tell your spouse if you get on BC. Im open to being wrong, its never come up for me. But even if you feel like I do, they drag her way too hard. Keeping it a secret is like 1/10th of all the manipulative poo poo Jovi pulls

My gf and I are convinced that the main reason Jovi keeps his travel job is so he can keep binge drinking for weeks at a time

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jovi has no respect for boundaries so I can’t fault her too much for doing that. And she probably didn’t want to be pestered 24/7 by a moody man child about it and then pestered more by his mom because he immediately would go crying to her and having her life filled with 3 whining babies with no escape

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 13, 2023

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Also there's the risk that the next baby might have Jovi's mouth.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nobody needs a kid that looks like Nick Krolls character in Big Mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

You can literally see Jovis mental math calculations during the episode. With his current job he gets to “work hard and play hard” and then when he gets home he still gets to have some guys nights when he gets home because he needs to relax/say by to the fellas before he leaves. Basically >50% of the time he can party. If he stays home he loses his partying excuses and opportunities and he’ll be a boring suburban dad who maybe gets the Sunday afternoons during football season

Also wtf Gwen. “Yes I know Yara is staunchly against having a second child despite Jovis insistence…wtf how can you be on birth control and not tell Jovi…no I don’t see the disconnect I’m having”

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 14, 2023