Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

actually it was going to be my new gimmick: sad after wrestlemania, but vince made me change it to sad after the colossal tussle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Seems like Punk was given a firm 'gently caress no' in regards to a WWE return.

Probably for the best if he just retires now. But will his damage LET him...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Cornwind Evil posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the next part of the cm punk saga will be him starting his own wrestling promotion

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the next part of the cm punk saga will be him starting his own wrestling promotion

:pray:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Cornwind Evil posted:

lmao

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

:pray: :same: :pray:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
CM punk approaching billy corgan and giving him an offer he cant refuse

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

CM punk approaching billy corgan and giving him an offer he cant refuse

"I haven't tried singing yet, make me the singer of your band!"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
cm punk destroying his career and burning every bridge because he really wanted to be a locker room leader, the same kind of thing he used to make fun of is very funny great heel work

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Die a hero live long enough etc etc etc.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Live long enough to become a wiener.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I want to be a wrestling hot dog.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

how about a wrestling rib

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
He looks like he glued an eyebrow to his upper lip.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Could Terry Bollea ever actually wrestle? I was born in the 80s, so I only ever knew him as the WWF champ. All he ever did was pump himself up and do lovely leg drops, which was great for a 6 year old.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Bad Video Games posted:

Could Terry Bollea ever actually wrestle? I was born in the 80s, so I only ever knew him as the WWF champ. All he ever did was pump himself up and do lovely leg drops, which was great for a 6 year old.

Shockingly yeah. His stuff in Japan is pretty solid, and even in America he's got a handful of matches where he puts in the effort. His matches against Vader are supposedly really good, I should look those up.

He was a *smart* worker though, not a hard one. He knew he didn't have to put in effort in the USA and could get over entirely on his character work.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Bad Video Games posted:

There's video of him hitting a decent looking enziguri on Great Muta in Japan

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Vandar posted:

Shockingly yeah. His stuff in Japan is pretty solid, and even in America he's got a handful of matches where he puts in the effort. His matches against Vader are supposedly really good, I should look those up.

He was a *smart* worker though, not a hard one. He knew he didn't have to put in effort in the USA and could get over entirely on his character work.

Well, that's also just him playing to the local audience because that's what Americans (specifically Vince) wanted at the time. People wanted big dudes lumbering around the ring in a way that made them look strong and where you could follow the story easily.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bad Video Games posted:

he could legitmately wrestle and in japan he put on some amazing matches hogans problem is that his body was already breaking down in the late 80's from constant leg drops and the inability to stay out of the spotlight so face hogan outwore its welcome until he evolved into the superior heel hollywood hogan that also outstayed its welcome lol

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he could legitmately wrestle and in japan he put on some amazing matches hogans problem is that his body was already breaking down in the late 80's from constant leg drops and the inability to stay out of the spotlight so face hogan outwore its welcome until he evolved into the superior heel hollywood hogan that also outstayed its welcome lol

I honestly wonder how many more years Hogan might have had on his career if he had stopped using the lovely leg drop and stuck with the AXE BOMBER.

The Shockmaster
Jul 12, 2017

Bad Video Games posted:

There's a pretty famous Lance Storm quote where he said that Terry was such a safe worker to wrestle against that he'd trust him enough to let him punch his children.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gavok posted:

At least we’ll always have Dario screaming, “LADDER MAAAAAAATCH!!!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlc6OT1OHfM

I think the only thing that would get me to watch WWE consistently again is if Dario Cueto came out after the final guy in the Royal Rumble and said "Hoooold ooooooon! There is one more entrant..."

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

the TKO logo looks like loving dogshit >:(

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
That would have looked good in 2003

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
it looks good now

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I feel like I am going crazy when people mention Hulk Hogan being a great worker in Japan. He looks like poo poo in all of the clips people share of him and moves at a glacial speed.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Looks like an energy drink logo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Gavok posted:

At least we’ll always have Dario screaming, “LADDER MAAAAAAATCH!!!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlc6OT1OHfM

lol Vampiro WOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
they should bring back Striker and Vampiro as a commentary team somewhere, they were a great duo

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Thanks to the write ups I remember when I bailed on LU - I never finished the third Ultima Lucha and missed the entire 4th season. That's the problem with being episodic. I missed the ten hour holiday special with uncaptioned Wookie dialogue so I didn't want to watch until I got caught up.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

JAnon posted:

the TKO logo looks like loving dogshit >:(

Looks like a PPV logo for whatever WWE's equivalen of "gently caress you, it's January" is.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

All this talk about Hogan being such a safe worker, would never hurt anyone, yadda yadda, ignoring that was completely reckless and had no regards for the health of his opponents. If you need evidence just check out this brutal chair shot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEvp5bBVZ8Y

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Stealth Tiger posted:

I feel like I am going crazy when people mention Hulk Hogan being a great worker in Japan. He looks like poo poo in all of the clips people share of him and moves at a glacial speed.

Yeah, he wasn't a great worker there, just a lot better than you would expect.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

yeah, "great" is definitely grading Hogan in Japan on a curve. when all you've ever seen him bother with is hamming it up for five minutes before a half-hearted leg drop, seeing evidence that he once knew what an enzuigiri was is something of a revelation

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Stealth Tiger posted:

the only time he moved fast was when andre needed more beer.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Germansimp posted:

All this talk about Hogan being such a safe worker, would never hurt anyone, yadda yadda, ignoring that was completely reckless and had no regards for the health of his opponents. If you need evidence just check out this brutal chair shot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEvp5bBVZ8Y

what

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

OK but remember when he burst through the roof of a limo and beat up a gang of thugs and made one poop his pants. This is around the time he saved a woman from rape and seduced her later that night by doing pushups and whining that she wasn't letting him bang her.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao Konnan sold the gently caress outta that hit