Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

While thermal grenades do just straight up murder whatever you throw them at, EMP grenades are really fantastic for when you want to get into melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Even with max upgrades the arm cannon feels pretty poo poo to use. It's ok as a thing to gently caress out between using your supremely powerful guns, but it feels more like it should be pulverising dudes and ending things rather than being not much more than a short stun that lets you shoot people more easily.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

With all the perks and the relic stuff from PL it turns into probably the most fun weapon in the game.

Just walking into a room and dropping fifteen fireballs like you’re a cyber wizard.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RoastBeef posted:

Padre yells at you if you take the hit-and-run corpo alive.

Never had that one come up, for some reason.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

tokenbrownguy posted:

With all the perks and the relic stuff from PL it turns into probably the most fun weapon in the game.

Just walking into a room and dropping fifteen fireballs like you’re a cyber wizard.

I'm already a netrunner choom.

I wish there was a "Dual Boot" perk that gave you a dedicated cyberdeck slot independent of sandy/berserk.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

alex314 posted:

Some of the people you off are just like contagion - they infect all around them. If someone has decided to work with Jotaro Shobo or in one of Scav murder holes they deserve to be murdered with extreme prejudice.

Speaking of, I was doing a gig for Regina and it brought me to a scav den that fed into one of the ripperdoc clinics. When I confronted the kid he tried to bolt so I chased his rear end down and beat him into unconsciousness, it was great. I do wonder what happens if you just let him go though, or keep chasing him.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

QuantaStarFire posted:

Speaking of, I was doing a gig for Regina and it brought me to a scav den that fed into one of the ripperdoc clinics. When I confronted the kid he tried to bolt so I chased his rear end down and beat him into unconsciousness, it was great. I do wonder what happens if you just let him go though, or keep chasing him.

If you don't make him flee immediately you can blackmail him into giving you a discount

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Warmachine posted:

I'm already a netrunner choom.

I wish there was a "Dual Boot" perk that gave you a dedicated cyberdeck slot independent of sandy/berserk.

IMO they should let you carry around a laptop as an alternative to a cyberdeck. So you can use a Sandevistan + Cyberdeck, but at the cost of only being able to wield pistols, like when you're holding a body.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Ytlaya posted:

Huh, that's interesting. I think I did that before realizing I could take them alive. Once I started doing that, I got the impression that "take them alive" with considered the "stronger" option in terms of punishing them.

If you take Jotaro down alive, Regina says something about how that the Mox are pretty happy about that, because they had some street justice lined up in mind for him.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Halloween Jack posted:

Please tell me you took Edgerunner and every EMP related character option.

20 Body, 20 Reflexes, 20 Technical, 15 Cool (for Shinobi run), 6 Int.

She falls in and out of a red haze of cyberpsychosis while snorting drugs nonstop and throwing grenades like the Midnight bomber, what bombs at midnight, and then phasing in and out of realtime as her arms spasm at high speed and people in front of her explode into diced up gore before she goes flying across the across the area to repeat the process while a strange laughing in her ear has basically become her tinnitus.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

IMO they should let you carry around a laptop as an alternative to a cyberdeck. So you can use a Sandevistan + Cyberdeck, but at the cost of only being able to wield pistols, like when you're holding a body.

gently caress yeah, give us 2023 decks like Johnny and Bartmoss had.

Fuzz posted:

20 Body, 20 Reflexes, 20 Technical, 15 Cool (for Shinobi run), 6 Int.

She falls in and out of a red haze of cyberpsychosis while snorting drugs nonstop and throwing grenades like the Midnight bomber, what bombs at midnight, and then phasing in and out of realtime as her arms spasm at high speed and people in front of her explode into diced up gore before she goes flying across the across the area to repeat the process while a strange laughing in her ear has basically become her tinnitus.

More or less describes my Street Kid V, minus the drugs and grenades and plus optical camo and a revolver.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 1, 2023

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

If you don't make him flee immediately you can blackmail him into giving you a discount

He offered but I told him to go gently caress himself. Neither of my Vs have been fond of scavs.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Just finished first playthrough of PL. Went with the Reed path and tried out both options at the end, as well as the new ending.

:cry:

(Gameplay question, are cyberware capacity shards meant to just stop appearing once you're roughly 60% up the meter?)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do you have to reach some point in PL to get cyberware shards?

I'm level 54 and have never gotten a cyberware shard. I've gotten a few perk shards (I think 3). But I've only done the first couple segments of PL.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ytlaya posted:

Do you have to reach some point in PL to get cyberware shards?

I'm level 54 and have never gotten a cyberware shard. I've gotten a few perk shards (I think 3). But I've only done the first couple segments of PL.

I got a few from Maelstrom gangoons up until like level 10 then never saw another one. I'm at the end of PL, have done all the drops more than once and all gigs.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

someone make a mod where the Airdrops give you an Epic Cyberwear Shard instead of Carrying Capacity already, that would solve it pretty well.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I started a new game and I've gotten perhaps a half-dozen cyberware capacity shards, they've all seemed to come out of scanner missions.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I got my first cyberware shard literally from the two thugs behind you when you first go to Viktor, killed them both and got one so I assume it's completely random.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

There's some weird reverse scaling thing going on, where you seem to get less and less shards the more you level up. In theory it should probably be the other way around more then anything, because I can see them maybe trying to limit the players Cyberwear while they are low level. But regardless, most people stop finding them all together by the time they hit 58-60.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Nessus posted:

I started a new game and I've gotten perhaps a half-dozen cyberware capacity shards, they've all seemed to come out of scanner missions.

As far as I can tell it is completely random. I've gotten 3 cyberware shards clearing All Foods, or I can get none. I've seen a shard of a random ganger I had to fight to get a car Muamar wanted. I've gotten a shard from fighting a group of random scavs on the streetcorner. It's just rare and random.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
I think someone said that cyberware shards stop dropping once you install your first iconic or legendary tier cyberware , can't confirm tho.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nessus posted:

The scanner missions are where I got my perk shards. I've done most of them now, though.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Mr. Pool posted:

I think someone said that cyberware shards stop dropping once you install your first iconic or legendary tier cyberware , can't confirm tho.

I heard something about that, it was finding an Iconic Cyberwear in a Chest (not buying and installing it, but finding one in an Airdrop or a random stash) that flagged your save file, and apparently once it's flagged your odds of finding Shards just go down the drain.
Which again, makes me wonder if that's intentional because otherwise there is no way to actually install any of the Iconic Cyberwear you find later. To me it seems like it should actually increase your odds of finding them after, not decrease but something got messed up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think it got fixed in 2.02 because I have been finding cyberware shards again.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

My god melee builds are fun as gently caress. Rushing into a pile of mans and just loving carving them up while abusing Sandevistan for all it's worth. Good times. Good game. :allears:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gonkish posted:

My god melee builds are fun as gently caress. Rushing into a pile of mans and just loving carving them up while abusing Sandevistan for all it's worth. Good times. Good game. :allears:

I've been beating people with Gorilla Arms and it's so good. I've debated using the Sandy instead of the Berserk, I'm not a fan of the Blood Haze effect making it difficult to tell friendlies from enemies.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Yeah I feel super survivable even on Very Hard, what is the appeal of berserk vs a sandy for fisting faces/other melee weapons?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Presumably that you can trigger it while almost dead, be invulnerable during its duration, and come out of it fully healed and ready to keep fisting?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, your health can't drop below 25% while in Berserk mode which makes it a good "OH poo poo" button

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I think the Iconic Zerker also makes it a lot easier to trigger Finishers, which is a big deal for Blunt/Gorilla Arms because after a while that build is all about throwing gonks into other gonks.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I've found most of my useful shards just by killing random mooks on the side of the road.

e: I mean gang mooks; civilians aren't loot piñatas.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Hey quick question - are there any more fights like Sasquatch, and what was I doing wrong? I realize you're supposed to shot the glowy bit on her back - I did that, but all my weapons were still doing basically scratch-damage to her and I was losing more than 1/3rd of my health bar every time she punched me, hammer or not. I died so many times that I finally just got fed up with it all and snuck past her.

I had mostly Tier-2 weapons; I did try switching to a Tier-3 katana at one point and that seemed to do a lot more damage but that also meant getting way too close to her. It was an absolute bitch trying to keep my distance; I should mention that I'm playing using a controller and switching between sprint and normal speed seems real finnicky sometimes; maybe it works better on keyboard?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Hey quick question - are there any more fights like Sasquatch, and what was I doing wrong? I realize you're supposed to shot the glowy bit on her back - I did that, but all my weapons were still doing basically scratch-damage to her and I was losing more than 1/3rd of my health bar every time she punched me, hammer or not. I died so many times that I finally just got fed up with it all and snuck past her.

I had mostly Tier-2 weapons; I did try switching to a Tier-3 katana at one point and that seemed to do a lot more damage but that also meant getting way too close to her. It was an absolute bitch trying to keep my distance; I should mention that I'm playing using a controller and switching between sprint and normal speed seems real finnicky sometimes; maybe it works better on keyboard?

There's one early on in Phantom Liberty but otherwise the rest of the boss fights in the main story missions are a lot better. The final boss used to be comically easy but they fixed that in 2.0

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If you gently caress up her Venom injector or whatever Sasquatch seems to start taking a lot more damage, but I had to dump like 12 Chesapeake clips into her plus a bunch of random quickhacks.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'm glad it sounds like I'm not crazy and that fight in particular is just unusually bad. I usually ghost my way through everything anyways but I decided to mix things up in that mission and go in guns blazing. I must have killed a small army of dudes in that mall, holy poo poo - I actually ran out of ammo at a few points and had to rely on quickhacks and my sniper rifle to finish the last stragglers off.

Then I walk into the boss arena and this one random roid rager fucks me up seven ways to Sunday.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is Reed supposed to be impressing me with his "3 bullet holes" story? I get shot that many times on the way to take a smoke!

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I think the Iconic Zerker also makes it a lot easier to trigger Finishers, which is a big deal for Blunt/Gorilla Arms because after a while that build is all about throwing gonks into other gonks.

If you install a berserk mod you can trigger Finishers without having the necessary perk. More useful than a Sandy in the early game, though probably still not as good as a cyberdeck when you are stealthing around Watson.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Why did no one tell me what a silly bonk noise the Steel Pipe makes. New fave disrespect weapon

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Lone Badger posted:

Is Reed supposed to be impressing me with his "3 bullet holes" story? I get shot that many times on the way to take a smoke!

Wait until he calls you a minor league merc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I heard something about that, it was finding an Iconic Cyberwear in a Chest (not buying and installing it, but finding one in an Airdrop or a random stash) that flagged your save file, and apparently once it's flagged your odds of finding Shards just go down the drain.
Which again, makes me wonder if that's intentional because otherwise there is no way to actually install any of the Iconic Cyberwear you find later. To me it seems like it should actually increase your odds of finding them after, not decrease but something got messed up.

I am max level and I still find the Cyberwear shards on dead gangsters. I also am loaded up with iconic level 5 cybermods.

It seems like I find them more often on random gangsters from NCPD scans rather than Story Missions.

I also am NOT a thorough looter and probably miss a ton of them. I frequently just wipe out some guys and never check the bodies at all unless I happen to walk directly over them on the way out of the slaughterhouse. Not saying you're wrong, but I have bought Iconic, found it in Airdrops, found it in stashes, and installed it, and I still get Cyber shards.