Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Alan_Shore posted:

Water and water levels are always terrible so they need to stay the HECK away from that in any Zelda sequel

"Let's replace the map with 90% water and slow rear end sailing!" How can you even think this!

wind waker is the best zelda so this post is wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Alan_Shore posted:

Water and water levels are always terrible so they need to stay the HECK away from that in any Zelda sequel

"Let's replace the map with 90% water and slow rear end sailing!" How can you even think this!
personally when i found the boat near lurelin village i 100% saved that to my autobuild so that I could build cool pirate ships whenever i wanted because sailing is cool and good

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I maintain the other direction I'd be happy seeing Zelda try is a similar scope of the world in BotW and TotK, but going the opposite direction with mobility and more conventionally bolting Link to the ground. You could then really go even more nuts with hiding things in nooks and crannies and design things around the classic item progression like hookshot, pegasus boots, barricades that need certain things to break, whatever. It would potentially really lend an absolutely absurd sense of scope to things and feeling of adventure and exploration.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

water ftw

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
switch lite rules.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Mr.Acula posted:

i really dont understand the point of owning a switch lite

I liked it because I didn't ever use it docked. Plus, I have small hands because I am small. And getting a blue one was fun. But then I traded it up with my sibling, so she didn't get the banana one she hated.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ImpAtom posted:

Just make all underwater levels use the Zora mechanics from Majora's Mask

No absolutely not because if they do that then there will be more Great Bay levels and I don't need that kind of stress.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I would play Hyrule: Ice Age

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
What about hyrule in space?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
actually I want a Zelda soulslike.

Edit: in space

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if Zelda but it takes place in, like, a desert

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Zelda should follow the Leprechaun film series trajectory.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Morpheus posted:

No absolutely not because if they do that then there will be more Great Bay levels and I don't need that kind of stress.

That's weird, because Great Bay Temple owns

except for the boss, that guy sucks

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Mr.Acula posted:

i really dont understand the point of owning a switch lite
I just don't particularly care for home consoles. Prior to getting my Switch Lite I'd owned five Nintendo handhelds (GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS) and only one Nintendo home console (the Wii. I guess technically the Gamecube too since the Wii can play Gamecube games).

Heck, even expanding to non-Nintendo consoles I've only ever had a Mega Drive (and the reason I had that was because it was part of that weird combo PC/Mega Drive Amstrad made one time) and a PSone (the little remodel with the rounded corners that came out at the same time as the PS2).

I've just always really preferred PC and handheld as my gaming combination, and I saw no reason to stop with the Switch.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

uber_stoat posted:

Zelda should follow the Leprechaun film series trajectory.

Link in the Hood

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I just hope the next Legend of Zelda game drops all the crafting and weapon durability stuff the last two main games have had, big part of what made me bounce off Breath of The Wild*

*which was really unfortunate since I had bought it using vouchers alongside Splatoon 3 which I also ended up really disliking which combined with all the issues I had with the Switch Lite on a hardware level are why I had mostly given up on the platform about a month or two after I had bought it until I bought my OLED model just now

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Paul.Power posted:

I just don't particularly care for home consoles. Prior to getting my Switch Lite I'd owned five Nintendo handhelds (GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS) and only one Nintendo home console (the Wii. I guess technically the Gamecube too since the Wii can play Gamecube games).

Gamecube was a handheld because it had a handle :colbert:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

CPColin posted:

Gamecube was a handheld because it had a handle :colbert:

Reminded me of this GDQ speedrun using a Gamecube that's very "hands-on" :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ItUH9Tcto&t=33s

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Got my new SD card for my OLED Switch, went and bought some new games for it as well, went with Super Mario Wonder, Metroid Dread, Pokemon Legends Arceus, and WarioWare Move It

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

drrockso20 posted:

Got my new SD card for my OLED Switch, went and bought some new games for it as well, went with Super Mario Wonder, Metroid Dread, Pokemon Legends Arceus, and WarioWare Move It

Switch 2 will be announced next month thanks to your purchase of the OLED. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Commander Keene posted:

There's a mod for that, if you have a modded 3DS.

this was such a fast download for me once i got the zora mask and was like what the gently caress. whoever made that decision needs their head flushed down the toilet.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Andorra posted:

That's weird, because Great Bay Temple owns

except for the boss, that guy sucks

No no, the temple was fine. I'm talking about the part before when you had to descend the abyss and take on the giant eel things.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Water dungeons bad.

Ice dungeons worse.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
What about Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf's Inside Story

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waffle! posted:

Water dungeons bad.

Ice dungeons worse.

those are usually some of the best dungeons in their respective games

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

wind waker is the best zelda so this post is wrong

Here me out… Wind Waker 2, but the water level dropped to reveal more islands.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

If you like shoot-em-ups, Jets N Guns and its newer sequel are on sale for real cheap now. Good soundtrack, good gameplay, fun customization, and a good amount of difficulty without being stupid hard. It's an older PC title originally.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Wind Waker 2, but before the flood.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wind waker 2 was on the ds

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Morpheus posted:

But why would you need to wake the wind in that game?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

But why would you need to wake the wind in that game?

It's too muggy out.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Veev posted:

It's too muggy out.

It's currently 70F and damp here and I feel this in my soul.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

otter posted:

Honestly though, how much could it could have possibly cost Nintendo to get the switch oled up to 128gb internal memory, at the volume of production they do?

I'm hoping they go with NVMe SSDs and just charge an extra $50 or whatever since they can probably get 512GB SSDs in bulk for next to nothing, considering Acer's 512GB NVMe SSDs are something like $30 and WD has 1TB SSDs for $50-60. Maybe they really like giving people the option to add more space via SD cards but gently caress that, just give the Super Switch 2 U Boy actual storage so that load times become a non-issue.

Yes I know they probably won't do this, because Nintendo gonna Nintendo, but storage is getting so drat cheap that I wouldn't be surprised if they could get low end SSDs for the same price as the cards they use in the Switch at this point. I'm sure they're going to do some insane hardware stuff too due to the launch model Switch flaw that made it impossible for them to prevent people from hacking those consoles.

Annath posted:

It's currently 70F and damp here and I feel this in my soul.

God same, I wanted to open my windows to let some fresh air in my house but it'd turn the place into a musty swamp in minutes because it's rained overnight and has been raining on and off all day keeping the humidity at peak levels of misery. :sigh:

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yes I know they probably won't do this, because Nintendo gonna Nintendo, but storage is getting so drat cheap that I wouldn't be surprised if they could get low end SSDs for the same price as the cards they use in the Switch at this point.
My guess is that the entry-level model will come with a 256 GB NVMe SSD. This is the same as the current entry-level Steam Deck, because I imagine that the remaining industry demand for 64 GB eMMC (for things like cheap laptops) is low and they're actually getting difficult to source now. The 512 GB ones are still appreciably more expensive (+$20?) than 256 GB ones so they're not going to do that.

It's possible they may have different SKUs with different internal storage amounts, like the Steam Deck does or the Wii U did. I suspect not though since additional SKUs for anything beyond cosmetics creates additional consumer confusion, especially in the segment they're trying to cater to. They also don't really need to make additional revenue on premium-SKU hardware since they're the foremost software publisher and sole licensor.

I actually wonder if some of the non-OLED Switches actually shipped with 64 GB eMMCs that were only partitioned for 32 GB, simply due to parts availability.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Chronojam posted:

If you like shoot-em-ups, Jets N Guns and its newer sequel are on sale for real cheap now. Good soundtrack, good gameplay, fun customization, and a good amount of difficulty without being stupid hard. It's an older PC title originally.

These games are excellent, like kinda like Tyrian with a better soundtrack and extremely stupid punk aesthectics. Only catch is that it doesn't work my the usual shump rules - your hitbox is the size of your ship. It's also really important to know that all weapons you can purchase are fully refundable and you earn more money by blowing up as much as possible, so you need to design your ship for each mission and play offensively. Otherwise you can end up trying to get through the Beer Cube with a Hot-Dog truck, which is like trying to get through Ikaruga while wasted.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm at work, the windows don't open, and the HVAC is so bad that in the middle of summer it's gotten so humid *inside the building* that the blank envelopes in my desk self-sealed one time.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Morpheus posted:

Morpheus posted:

No no, the temple was fine. I'm talking about the part before when you had to descend the abyss and take on the giant eel things.
You know, i've never had a problem in that section until my most recent playthrough. For whatever reason, one of the zora eggs just would not appear in the caves. I was left with 6/7 of them for a good 40 minutes, reloading the area multiple times. I have no idea what the gently caress. :psyduck:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

MaxDuo posted:

What about Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf's Inside Story
A continuity revision based on the Twins movie where it is revealed he has a short brother named Derek.

I'm all in.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I'm still having a blast with Zeldor: Tears of a Kingdom.

My last big adventure started when I walked Link off a cliff (unfortunate slipping accident) and dropped into a river.

Turns out the river had really strong currents, so I just went "what the hell, why not" and let Link get dragged along.

Along the way I build a river boat after we passed a depot, and then my motor-driven swamp boat abomination carried Link deeper down the river-network.

At the deepest end, surrounded by mountains, was a cave entrance. But uh oh, just a couple meters inside there was a small network of underground rivers and lakes. And my stamina wasn't really that great yet. Then I giggled like a maniac when I realized I could just have Link use his magic grabby hand to carry the boat deeper inside.

Just as I was preparing to blast deeper into the river, creatures from The Descent suddenly dropped on me, and the sturdy fuckers nearly ended my expedition right there. Then, just after clearing out the first cave, the Blood Moon came and revived the monsters. Right behind me. :shepface:

The second fight ended with my boat hopelessly broken and more dead creepy underground monsters. But hell, I can save and teleport, so I explored the caves deeper. And eventually, I came to a huge cave with the Thing in it. You know, that Thing from John Carpenter's The Thing? That one.

And because I can never leave well enough alone, I jumped down and tried running around it. Protip: The Thing is astonishingly fast for being a weird, black-red melty puddle.

Ah well, lessons learned and all that. 10 out of 10, would die this way again. But the encounter intrigued me, and so I decided it's time for Link to go help Dr. Wily to explore the dark abyss south of Hyrule Castle. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Yeah I imagine Switch 2 will probably go for 256 GB for internal storage(as that strikes a decent middle ground between Nintendo being frugal and having a more modern amount of storage*), and then offer some manner of expandability, they could just continue with Micro SD Cards like the Switch(especially if they maintain a similar portable form factor), they could go with conventional SSD's like Sony's doing, or they could potentially do what Microsoft has been doing for the Series S/X and use a proprietary storage expansion format

Of course this also probably depends on whether the Switch 2 will be backwards compatible with the original Switch or not

*especially going off the rumors that the Switch 2 will be about PS4 levels of power