Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

It's 60 bux on Green Man Gaming if you preorder, I often buy the big FG released from them because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Gonna get UNI, get instantly frustrated by it, and then forget it exists when Yakuza comes out yeah

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

Ogre looks cool but drat Izumi is being manipulated by a mysterious fish that sounds sick

they said she fights alongside the mysterious fish but didn't show the fish ingame.... what a ripoff
looking forward to 2025 so i can see and/or play as fish

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/klinsytatari/status/1750224759688675532

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ogre my man, you did not take being defeated by Jin well at all

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Real hurthling! posted:

Tekken is 70 dollars on steam? Thats whack.

I got it from instant gaming for 73 AUD, which is about 49 USD.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

UNI2 PC port is busted. Online search causes the game to crash which basically means no online features work since you can't do matchmaking and you can't search player rooms. Nothing to do but wait for a fix. It's a shame.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sad. If only fewer people had used the GreenManGaming discount, maybe this could have been avoided.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Kongming posted:

UNI2 PC port is busted. Online search causes the game to crash which basically means no online features work since you can't do matchmaking and you can't search player rooms. Nothing to do but wait for a fix. It's a shame.

Well glad I'm playing in person then I guess :toot:

Hopefully they get it fixed soon, that would be such a shame with how people are hyped for it. Not to mention I just wanna play online too :v:

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 25, 2024

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kongming posted:

great, now i can sequester myself in training mode and hopefully learn a vatista combo before netplay works again

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just realised Tekken 8's coming out in like a day, how's it looking on the single player side of things? I remember T7 had like an infinite arcade mode thingy which was alright, but I'm hoping T8 has something more robust or interesting besides the usual Story Mode (and looking quickly, there's Tekken Force also but not quite what I'm looking for). Like if there's a Virtua Fighter 4 quest mode thing or something that's like Regular Tekken 8 Gameplay Over a Long Period of Time would be nice.

Online multiplayer would be great of course but lately I find myself just not really enjoying fighting randos online, get much more fun hitting locals or doing sets online with people I know, maybe over voice call so it's more fun and personable. So while I will definitely hop online and play it once in a while, the longevity for me is in single player, especially since I don't really have that many friends that enjoy the series.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
it has Arcade Quest which is very much meant to be like VF4 Quest Mode and also the standard ghost battle infinite thing (as well as a story mode)

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Artelier posted:

Just realised Tekken 8's coming out in like a day, how's it looking on the single player side of things? I remember T7 had like an infinite arcade mode thingy which was alright, but I'm hoping T8 has something more robust or interesting besides the usual Story Mode (and looking quickly, there's Tekken Force also but not quite what I'm looking for). Like if there's a Virtua Fighter 4 quest mode thing or something that's like Regular Tekken 8 Gameplay Over a Long Period of Time would be nice.

Online multiplayer would be great of course but lately I find myself just not really enjoying fighting randos online, get much more fun hitting locals or doing sets online with people I know, maybe over voice call so it's more fun and personable. So while I will definitely hop online and play it once in a while, the longevity for me is in single player, especially since I don't really have that many friends that enjoy the series.

Join the new Tekken thread

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

So you can actually play uni 2 pc ranked right now but you can only queue from training mode lol. According to what I’ve read you can also play in rooms if you make a unique password but if someone else has the same password it will crash. There’s not many people online which is likely because this launch sucks rear end

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah I held off on buying GBVS to spend money on UNI but I think this might be my second steam refund ever after Nickelodeon smash last year.

Just seems weak with online being broken and honestly after SF6 and granblue I miss my modern inputs and easy combos lol

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

There’s not many people online which is likely because this launch sucks rear end

also because ranked matchmaking is for some reason region locked based on steam download region
japanese devs forgetting to think about anything outside of tokyo again, there's like a zillion different regions in the USA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i get french bread is a tiny company but they really should have just stalled the pc release until it was actually ready cause this is the kind of thing that kills your momentum completely

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

i get french bread is a tiny company but they really should have just stalled the pc release until it was actually ready cause this is the kind of thing that kills your momentum completely

some of the bugs are the same ones that happened on mbtl release
when searching for more info about the uni download region thing i found 5 year old posts with the same issue in melty

and iirc it also had the "searching for room matches and getting too many results crashes the game" thing at launch which uni2 does too

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I'm able to queue for and get uni2 matches from the menu without the game crashing now, it's like 4am here though so I wonder if it was a server load issue or something along those lines.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

french bread unable to comprehend that people might buy and play their game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is Tekken's netcode any better than it was in the last beta?

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

also because ranked matchmaking is for some reason region locked based on steam download region
japanese devs forgetting to think about anything outside of tokyo again, there's like a zillion different regions in the USA

Interested to know where/how people are getting this info. Almost every reply underneath the twitter post about the current issues is asking them to remove region lock and I don't understand how people are able to even determine that this is a thing with how borked matchmaking was before a few hours ago. Some of the posts are even like "pls remove region lock, I can't play with my friends!!!" which is crazy because player rooms are def not region locked from what I've personally seen go down. :psyduck:

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

The mb:tl release was nowhere near this borked right? At least I don't remember there being this many problems. How did they bungle this one that hard?

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

ConfusedPig posted:

The mb:tl release was nowhere near this borked right? At least I don't remember there being this many problems. How did they bungle this one that hard?

It crashed on matchmaking on release as well. It also wouldn't alt+tab without crashing and wifi really hosed the netcode hard, in addition to a bunch of the extra modes like time attack just not working. In a lot of ways uni2 is a better release, its only got the matchmaking probs which will probably be fixed (and seems to have been fixed??) pretty promptly. The rest of the game is fine.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

ConfusedPig posted:

This is what happens when you don't have PC betas. Alongside online problems the game blackscreens on trying to change it to fullscreen, necessitating a restart. It still seems to be locked to 720p like MB:TL was, resulting in blurry UI and artwork making it look like it was ported straight from the Switch or something. I haven't tried it online myself yet but I'm half expecting the invisible character bug from MB:TL to return as well.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
MBTL also stretched out the screen on ultra wide monitors at launch, though they fixed it. Wonder if it does that too!

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

ConfusedPig posted:

my friends copy of mbtl just straight up had p2s character invisible in any netplay on launch which is a very impressive bug

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Almost, heartwarming to see French Bread still underestimating just how many fans they have that want to play their cool video game. :unsmith:

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Uni2 definitely does blackscreen the first time you try to change visual options but after a restart it has let me change resolution and all the other options without a problem, it is not locked to 720p as far as I know though maybe this is a works-on-my-machine-rear end post. The only other problem I've personally seen is the ping in online matches is fake, it'll show like 500ms but be a completely normal-feeling match.

I haven't seen any evidence for region locking, or invisible characters, or it having messed up ultrawide support or anything but I will keep an open mind.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

this is the year of UNI on the desktop

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Pyrus Malus posted:

Uni2 definitely does blackscreen the first time you try to change visual options but after a restart it has let me change resolution and all the other options without a problem, it is not locked to 720p as far as I know though maybe this is a works-on-my-machine-rear end post. The only other problem I've personally seen is the ping in online matches is fake, it'll show like 500ms but be a completely normal-feeling match.

I haven't seen any evidence for region locking, or invisible characters, or it having messed up ultrawide support or anything but I will keep an open mind.

What I meant by locking to 720p is that, while you can blow up the game to 1080p, it doesn't render at 1080p, so it ends up looking like a 720p game just expanded, resulting in blurry UI and artwork. Not like, game killing, but it just looks bad. I remember MBTL having the ping problem as well, it's like French Bread just didn't learn anything.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

my friends copy of mbtl just straight up had p2s character invisible in any netplay on launch which is a very impressive bug

I legit thought I was the only one to get hit by that bug, good to know it wasn't the universe gaslighting me.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Played some training mode with Nanase and Wagner. They were pretty cool. Will I ever be ready to play against others in this game? No idea, but gotta try it soon while there are people available.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

My Crab is Fight posted:

What I meant by locking to 720p is that, while you can blow up the game to 1080p, it doesn't render at 1080p, so it ends up looking like a 720p game just expanded, resulting in blurry UI and artwork. Not like, game killing, but it just looks bad. I remember MBTL having the ping problem as well, it's like French Bread just didn't learn anything.

I legit thought I was the only one to get hit by that bug, good to know it wasn't the universe gaslighting me.

my bad for misunderstanding, just booted it up to check and yeah thats weird as hell. I'm coping so hard with the initial terribleness of this pc port :negative:

I saw a lot of stuff this month about how the community lives on pc so its pretty sad it got neglected so hard. Ultimately I don't think the pc port was the reason mbtl died and it was more that people weren't vibing with the game so much, so maybe uni2 will be able to live on despite itself

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

sucks to see the PC launch is hosed. hope they fix it soon. I'm having a great time losing on PS5! can't decide whether I want to main Merkava or Enkidu. they're both really cool and fun.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Played some training mode with Nanase and Wagner. They were pretty cool. Will I ever be ready to play against others in this game? No idea, but gotta try it soon while there are people available.

:hellyeah: Wagner is great. Remember you can cancel shield charge and her dive kick into 22c for free plus frames and both charges when you play someone

If you have cs you can run pressure for a really long time, though if you run into someone that knows how to fight her you'll actually have to play uni

Edit: oh also her stomp is a safe standing low, so you can mix that in with FF for some free damage and oki

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 25, 2024

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Endorph posted:

I'm patient enough to wait for fixes, but yeah. A poo poo launch, the day before Tekken 8 releases? It's a really nice coffin they've built for themselves.

I'm still gonna play it whenever the online is resolved, but like, drat.

I absolutely love the new stuff they gave my girl Nanase, too. was hype to get some matches in before Tekken time. Such is life.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

It is especially rough to fumble the launch the day before another highly anticipated fighting game release

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
well, in the games I'm not getting kicked back to lobby or crashed to desktop, the games own and is very fun and the connections have been smooth, bouncing around Nanase and Mika and both are very cool.

Enthusiasm
Jul 11, 2010

NEVER go back for any reason.
Beelzebub in GBVSR is a lot of fun, really clicked with him once I put in some time. It's fun to have multiple unique ways to bully and knowledge check people while teleporting and divekicking around. Is there anything else out there like him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Enthusiasm posted:

Beelzebub in GBVSR is a lot of fun, really clicked with him once I put in some time. It's fun to have multiple unique ways to bully and knowledge check people while teleporting and divekicking around. Is there anything else out there like him?

Lucilius has a lot in common with him but is a bit more difficult due to cooldown management. People also might be more wise to his knowledge checks (mainly H teleport) now.