Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Since the chapos love some movies, Lords of Chaos is about Mayhem and Varg and the disaster it was. It's not the best movie ever but as a metalhead i thought it was decently well done and did not feel insulting to the subject matter. Rory Culkin was good in it. It dramatically under-represents Dead's contribution to the band though, seems like they cut it for time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
So did he!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Since the chapos love some movies, Lords of Chaos is about Mayhem and Varg and the disaster it was. It's not the best movie ever but as a metalhead i thought it was decently well done and did not feel insulting to the subject matter. Rory Culkin was good in it. It dramatically under-represents Dead's contribution to the band though, seems like they cut it for time.

Going to veer further off course, here. Dead is a guy who every time I read his trajectory, he sounds like such a deeply troubled person. Like, the whole Scandinavian black metal scene feels so alien to learn about in general. But his life and suicide in particular just come off as being utterly hosed up. Just completely antithetical to... being a human being?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Most of the crazy Norwegian black metal stories take on a different light when you realize most of them were practically kids.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Yestermoment posted:

Going to veer further off course, here. Dead is a guy who every time I read his trajectory, he sounds like such a deeply troubled person. Like, the whole Scandinavian black metal scene feels so alien to learn about in general. But his life and suicide in particular just come off as being utterly hosed up. Just completely antithetical to... being a human being?

he was very hosed up and likely suffered from Cotard's Delusion, in which a person believes themselves to already be dead. He wrote about feeling like his blood was clotted, that he was not really alive. He would bring a dead animal in a bag to shows and huff from it to "sing with death in his lungs" and poo poo like that. a bunch of drunken metalheads were not a good support system.

In the context of the movie i meant that he is kinda there and gone real fast, when he was in the band for ~3 years.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I like it when Chapo spotlights regional ethnic podcasts like Trillbillies or the latest episode.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

regional ethnic podcasts like Trillbillies

mods please rename the cspam podcast thread to this

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I do enjoy hearing some good ole southern boys chopping it up about politics.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vargatron posted:

I do enjoy hearing some good ole southern boys chopping it up about politics.

There’s nothing like walking into the Buc'ees, grabbing a black rifle coffee, chopping it up with everyone behind the beef jerky counter + appreciating the dude who’s blasting “Rich Men North of Richmond” through his backpack speaker.

In this small moment, nothing else matters. Today is a good day.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

There’s nothing like walking into the Buc'ees, grabbing a black rifle coffee, chopping it up with everyone behind the beef jerky counter + appreciating the dude who’s blasting “Rich Men North of Richmond” through his backpack speaker.

lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Now, Watergate does not bother me--but does your conscience bother you? Tell me true.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

lmfao aaaaaa

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Halloween Jack posted:

Now, Watergate does not bother me--but does your conscience bother you? Tell me true.

that perfidious Neil Young...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm not allowed to touch his potatoes. gently caress that guy.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

https://x.com/JoyceCarolOates/status/1753525303299739967?s=20

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Queen.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

a true poster

https://x.com/JoyceCarolOates/status/1753449360702988489?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao joyce let us have this please

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I like her writing alright but the article didn’t really say anything I haven’t heard a bunch before. Amber the worst Chapo????

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

we've made fun of Amber's blurb a million times but what would the blurb to Felix's great american novel say

selec
Sep 6, 2003

i say swears online posted:

we've made fun of Amber's blurb a million times but what would the blurb to Felix's great american novel say

A reckless, rambunctious and pugilistic tour de force of ennui and video game lore, woven into a tapestry you wouldn’t let a labradoodle sleep on

selec
Sep 6, 2003

This is a heady brew of mustelid funk, family fires, and a boy’s search for his hirsute father

selec
Sep 6, 2003

“The Original Hyde Park Homeboy” is a reckless blend of autofiction, game strategy guide, and onanistic logbook

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I like it when Chapo spotlights regional ethnic podcasts like Trillbillies or the latest episode.

dumbass

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Dr.Radical posted:

I like her writing alright but the article didn’t really say anything I haven’t heard a bunch before. Amber the worst Chapo????

I mean, what generation doesn't wish to stay young forever.

I remember a dude a a Trump rally asking him how he would help him feel like it was 1981 again.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

selec posted:

“The Original Hyde Park Homeboy” is a reckless blend of autofiction, game strategy guide, and onanistic logbook

The Kratom Years

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Okuteru posted:

I remember a dude a a Trump rally asking him how he would help him feel like it was 1981 again.

Raiders was in theaters so I get it.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

i say swears online posted:

"Painful and searching yet ultimately triumphant, That Guy Was Actually a Pro Gamer explores how you can suck at video games despite playing them for 12-14 hours per day and making them a central facet of your entire personality"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cosmik Slop posted:

"Painful and searching yet ultimately triumphant, That Guy Was Actually a Pro Gamer explores how you can suck at video games despite playing them for 12-14 hours per day and making them a central facet of your entire personality"

felix's autobiography with an entire chapter on the MGS livestream

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

i didn't read ambers article but i have a lot of strong feelings about it, thanks for asking

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I left the article with the thought "drat. What's her deal?"

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
The pendejo time guys were good guests imo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

metachronos posted:

The pendejo time guys were good guests imo.

Yeah I liked em. There are a lot of podcasters who just have a good vibe with the chapos.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ok I'd never watched the MGS livestream. Felix is probably only marginally better than I'd be and that is a DAMNING rebuke.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

ok I'd never watched the MGS livestream. Felix is probably only marginally better than I'd be and that is a DAMNING rebuke.

they hyped up the debut of their twitch channel in like 2018 with all the content they'd put out. other than election-night stuff they never did the shows they planned, except for felix, who managed to destroy his reputation as a gamer in 90 minutes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

why wouldn't you like practice a little bit first lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1754336820496609629?t=XXKA9ORjJdCeV-bSBtFS7Q&s=19

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Listened to "Dirtbag". Good stuff when she's talking poo poo about some article she didn't like and the section comparing various centrist libs to sexual deviants. Other than that, I don't think her life is very interesting. Like, ALMOST having a 3-way but then deciding against it and bolting from the cab seems to have been her "rock bottom" for what she considers her wild years. Her relationship with her ex-husband might have been interesting, but it doesn't get much time. They apparently did a lot of drugs during the 2020 Bernie campaign. I dunno, the memoir parts are pretty dull.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Listened to "Dirtbag". Good stuff when she's talking poo poo about some article she didn't like and the section comparing various centrist libs to sexual deviants. Other than that, I don't think her life is very interesting. Like, ALMOST having a 3-way but then deciding against it and bolting from the cab seems to have been her "rock bottom" for what she considers her wild years. Her relationship with her ex-husband might have been interesting, but it doesn't get much time. They apparently did a lot of drugs during the 2020 Bernie campaign. I dunno, the memoir parts are pretty dull.

Reminds me of Robin Quivers' memoir where 70% of the book is things she thought about doing but never actually did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

PostNouveau posted:

Does she simp about the UK miners union at all?