Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Can’t wait for DUN3 and spending twelve hours in the imax with adult diapers to watch Timmy Chalamet do the worm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Xiahou Dun posted:

No pics???!??!???

!!!????

kalel posted:

this. extremely unprescient posting from op tbqh

Fair. I'm a shitposter and never post pics. But here's a link to Lego's:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/dune-atreides-royal-ornithopter-10327

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Stayed up wayyyy too late last night putting the thopter together and watching dunc. It's a pretty fascinating set and the bulk of the model and the construction is the mechanisms to make all the wings fold and flap and the landing gear to all work at once. It's cool as poo poo and pictures absolutely do not do it justice. I was very worried I had done something wrong at some point in the labyrinth of poo poo in the wing flapping assembly since it didnt seem like it was doing a whole lot, but once you add on the weight of the wings it works really well. It's also the very last step whereas the mechanism is like bag 3 out of 10 and gets completely enclosed in other, more elaborate stuff.

The jessica minifig is really amazing looking with the gold print face net and the Baron's robe is just hilariously great.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PeterWeller posted:

Fair. I'm a shitposter and never post pics. But here's a link to Lego's:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/dune-atreides-royal-ornithopter-10327

Water under the bridge, it's all good, no worries.

But in retrospect, seriously : who was going to be interested in that post you made and not want pictures. This is a teachable moment about considering your audience.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Send word to Giedi Prime to begin selling our spice reserves, but slowly. We don't want the price to fall. You have no idea what it cost to bring such a force to bear here.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Secured a ticket for Part 1 of the Dune double bill at the BFI IMAX 🙏 No idea yet when Part 2 tickets (on IMAX 70mm!) are going on sale though. I'm still hoping the Manchester IMAX announce a double bill screening as they've got the dual laser projector so they can show the full 1.43 version of both films.

In other Dune news, my Lego ornithopter set arrived and it's massive - the wing span is ridiculous - and yet it's a very solid build that's meant to be played with.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The local volunteer kino near me isn't showing Dune II: Battle for Arrakis before the 7th of March :(

I wrote to them to ask if they're doing a double-feature at least.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Holy poo poo I just realized that in Fatboy Slim’s “Weapon of Choice”, the lyric “walk without rhythm, and you won’t attract the worm” is a Dune reference.

Sorry, I just had to share that.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
No, you've actually got it backwards. That line in Dune is a reference to Fatboy Slim.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
If Walken didn't do the same dance while in costume for a behind the scenes video it was a huge missed opportunity for lols.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jewmanji posted:

No, you've actually got it backwards. That line in Dune is a reference to Fatboy Slim.

Oh, right, my bad. :doh:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

deoju posted:

If Walken didn't do the same dance while in costume for a behind the scenes video it was a huge missed opportunity for lols.

I don't think Walken can move like that anymore. When he did the live Peter Pan thing like 10 years ago he had to do his tap solos while his feet were behind a barrel and someone dubbed the tap sounds over it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
For anyone who hasn't seen that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCDIYvFmgW8

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Xenomrph posted:

Oh, right, my bad. :doh:

Dune is set like 20k years after Fatboy Slim was around, duh

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't think Walken can move like that anymore. When he did the live Peter Pan thing like 10 years ago he had to do his tap solos while his feet were behind a barrel and someone dubbed the tap sounds over it.

That’s really sad. He was always a great dancer.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Everyone remembers the Fatboy Slim music video, but Joe Dirt was my introduction to dancin’ Walken.

https://youtu.be/YkeOr720S5w?si=O3GtV6iUlwkvg9RE

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Wafflecopper posted:

Dune is set like 20k years after Fatboy Slim was around, duh

You don't know how long Fatboy Slim is gonna live

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Failed Imagineer posted:

You don't know how long Fatboy Slim is gonna live

He's already in loving heaven

wait

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

smdh if you think Waken can’t still cut a rug

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

do you not know how old men work? It’s all static until they hear some music from like, cowboy times, and they start gliding around like they’re made of air

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Christopher Walken, warned by Fatboy Slim, did not dance once during the filming of Dune 2. Except at the end, as the script demanded, becoming Christopher Dancen and generating Godly wormsign.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
here's your dang wormsign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfuGmXb_ACs

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

drat, that's going to be wild in imax. Kinda wish I had waited, but it's spectacular even on my laptop.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Nope not watchin that

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

kalel posted:

Nope not watchin that

but it is so good…

I was going to skip it, but it will be shown in the dunc1 reissue anyways

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

It’s a good clip. Love the worm flaps.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Loved it. Great use of sound.

The waves of sand occasionally crashing into Paul and the collapsing ridge were good touches. Unique imagery that leaves an impression. Who else would’ve thought to put those in?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, that is a loving amazing scene. I would suggest waiting for that with the theater rumbling.

Oh. My. God.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

This is the Maker. The source of all candy corn

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Loved it. Great use of sound.

The waves of sand occasionally crashing into Paul and the collapsing ridge were good touches. Unique imagery that leaves an impression. Who else would’ve thought to put those in?

I agree, that was a great addition. It could have come off as "just" a fairly straightforward athletic feat of climbing the worm and not falling off. But the repeated crashing and diving through the sand makes it feel like an actual ordeal, a transformative experience.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Exfoliated Muad'Dib.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm very impressed with how well we are shown the sheer speed of a sandworm. You very obviously cannot outrun one. We see this both in the brief shot of the worms heading towards the Sardaukar (?) and again when Paul calls and rides one.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Now that's some goddamn Denis Villeneuve poo poo right there.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Interesting post/av combo.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Got my tickets to see DUNC2 in IMAX, and as a bonus they're also screening Lynch's version on 35mm next weekend!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
e: I do not know how I posted in the wrong thread.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Captain_Person posted:

Got my tickets to see DUNC2 in IMAX, and as a bonus they're also screening Lynch's version on 35mm next weekend!

sweet, what theatre

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

That clip is absolutely breathtaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Not watching this clip until the 25th is my gom jabbar