Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Apparently a bunch of theaters are showing Lynch's Dune this month yeah

Finally getting to see that on the big screen will be a pip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

FBS posted:

Not watching this clip until the 25th is my gom jabbar

I will scroll past spoilers.
I will permit them to pass over me and through me.
And when DUNC2 is out, I will turn the inner eye to reveal hidden text.
Where spoilers have gone there will be nothing new. Only discussion remains.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

That clip was like Frank Herbert spoke and his words formed into Denis who then became the Spirit of ᑐ ᑌ ᑎ ᕮ which then punched me in my taint.

It is beyond words

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Prolonged Panorama posted:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

How exactly does one practice worm riding?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He'd gone up on other people's makers and trained on them, but not taken one himself.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aurubin posted:

How exactly does one practice worm riding?

Grindr

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The fremen gay community would have the best slang.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Worm riders identify themselves by a special crystal.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Weirdr

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Plenty of Sandtrout

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Would be cool if the Bene Gesserit were manipulating bloodlines by controlling who you matched with

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Spoiler tags please.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

They should show Spicediver's Alternative Edition Redux, the cowards.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Call Me By A Killing Word

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Maxwell Lord posted:

I got to do that before Dunc, it was pretty good and hearing the music blare out of gently caress off speakers ruled. In particular, the music when Paul takes on the fighting drone during training was amazing. I hadn't noticed it before and it has strong Smouldering Corpse bar music vibes.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Baron von Eevl posted:

:golfclap:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The big screen in Kennedy Arkaden, Aalborg is showing DUNC II: Battle For Arrakis on the 28th of Febuary at 11:30, and I got a seat at the exact middle of the cinema. :toot:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Prolonged Panorama posted:

It's the sequel to the third movie version of a book that came out in 1965.

The statute of limitations on spoilers has run the gently caress out. Hey, guess what, at the end of Pride and Prejudice, they get married.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

There's still plenty of room to enjoy a fresh experience, to see what the adaptation picks up on and what it leaves behind, how it renders so many things to the silver screen.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yes, but calling that a "spoiler" like it's a twist is beyond silly.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i do think there are going to be some changes based on what i've read. mostly around a couple characters. don't get your hopes up for murder-baby

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

The big screen in Kennedy Arkaden, Aalborg is showing DUNC II: Battle For Arrakis on the 28th of Febuary at 11:30, and I got a seat at the exact middle of the cinema. :toot:

Hope you enjoy your showing of KLIT II: Halløj på Arrakis.

Shanty fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 9, 2024

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Finally got around to watching Dune 84. Hachi Machi that last hour is some cliff notes poo poo.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Shanty posted:

Holy gently caress, that made me laugh way too hard.

fishing with the fam posted:

Finally got around to watching Dune 84. Hachi Machi that last hour is some cliff notes poo poo.
Have you watched Spicediver's Alternative Edition Redux?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Plenty of Sandtrout

Baron von Eevl posted:

Melange

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Shanty posted:

Hjælp, jeg er Kwisatz Haderach.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

kalel posted:

M'lange

FIXed.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I started reading Children of Dune.

I read Messiah a couple years ago and quite enjoyed it. A breeze to read while still being weird in the way I like.

Kind of dreading this entry, just wanna get to God Emperor, hoping it doesn’t turn into a chore. I wanna see the worm-man.

Solid 1st chap though.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Dunc 1 re-released here and took the chance to go watch it again on the big screen. Man Atmos is very loud but it rules so hard when seats are vibrating from the low end of drumsand vibrations.

2une looks incredible too, glad I waited to see the sneak peek in the cinema. Three weeks is too long. I'm just going to start chanting "worms worms worms worms worms" everywhere like a deranged vet until then I guess

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Opening night I’m gonna bring a bucket of sand in the theater and every hype moment I’m gonna whip sand all over the place. Everyone's gonna love it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Holy gently caress, that made me laugh way too hard.

Have you watched Spicediver's Alternative Edition Redux?

Unless it adds like 90 minutes of plot it's not going to do much for the second half of the movie.

I really enjoy Dune '84 for what it is, but the last half in particular make it seem insane. IIRC, there's basically no explanation of the kwisatz haderach or the demonic spacebaby at all and stuff just starts happening. There is a Godpug of Dune who gets more screentime than several important characters.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Xiahou Dun posted:

The statute of limitations on spoilers has run the gently caress out. Hey, guess what, at the end of Pride and Prejudice, they get married.

gently caress and I was totally gonna read the non zombie version too

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Xiahou Dun posted:

nobody's complaining about people posting spoilers. some people don't want to watch the sneak peak clip despite knowing the story because we want to enjoy the whole movie at once when it comes out, not in bits and pieces

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj7R_2WWdKs

By comparison watch Kyle Mclachlan running around setting up his ropes looks like a cheap stage production

BUT things I appreciate about Old Dune:

Static lightning

The worm tri-lip mouth looked cooler

Paul opens up the worm’s skin to get it to rotate its wound away from sand. In New Dune Paul just jumps on top of the worm

There’s a lot about Old Dune that’s still worth keeping around even after the new one comes out, particularly its production design choices. Old shields will always be cooler

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 10, 2024

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Steve Yun posted:

Paul opens up the worm’s skin to get it to rotate its wound away from sand. In New Dune Paul just jumps on top of the worm

I'm pretty sure he does this to get it to surface in the clip.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah he absolutely does. That thing was gonna roll him into the sand until he exposed the little intake holes to make it twist up.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Goddamn, every time that guitar riff hits I still get goosebumps.

I hope someone does a fan edit with the Toto soundtrack for Villeneuve.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Philthy posted:

Goddamn, every time that guitar riff hits I still get goosebumps.

I hope someone does a fan edit with the Toto soundtrack for Villeneuve.

This but with the Transformers: The Movie soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Bugblatter posted:

Yeah he absolutely does. That thing was gonna roll him into the sand until he exposed the little intake holes to make it twist up.

Oh ok I see it now

In the confusion of all the sand I couldn’t tell what was up or down the first time I saw it

Edit: I appreciate that the old movie was more clear about it though

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 10, 2024