Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

She zipped herself up in a sleeping bag and did mocap for the sandworms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Baron von Eevl posted:

Older Alia from Children of Dune via talking head exposition dump a la Lynch's Dune.

having Future Alia zapping thoughts into Jessica's mind lets them skirt the Murder-baby issue. i know we all want to see Murder-baby but the general public may well balk at such an advanced concept.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sick. I hope she's a hosed up Alia/worm hybrid in a vision

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

having Future Alia zapping thoughts into Jessica's mind lets them skirt the Murder-baby issue. i know we all want to see Murder-baby but the general public may well balk at such an advanced concept.

In all fairness the Lynch movie did a kickass job with the Alia casting. No need to fix whut ain't broke to begin with.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Scags McDouglas posted:

In all fairness the Lynch movie did a kickass job with the Alia casting. No need to fix whut ain't broke to begin with.

I just think it would be too off-putting for most people. But we'll see what comes.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Scags McDouglas posted:

Speaking of Part 1, my gf and my buddy's gf are coming over soon to see it for the first time.

Trust me when I say, they will be bathed, inundated with lore for a single question they have about the characters or plot. My services are so committed that their demands for me to shut up will be brushed off like dirt. Sand, if you will.

If you really want to impress them, hide the toilet paper, turn off the taps and put a bucket of sand in the bathroom.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
That Children of Dune soundtrack totally slaps and older Alia was a fukken smoke show.

Those are the main things that I remember about that Children of Dune adaptation, even though I honestly liked the shorter Dune Messiah adaptation better of the like two partner or whatever it was. Prob cuz its a very lean an awesome sequel. Children of Dune always felt like 200 pages longer than it should have been.

Oh yeah and Alice Krige was an awesome older Lady Jessica and Steven Berkoff was great at Stilgar.

EDIT STOP EVERYTHING ALICE KRIGE'S MIDDLE NAME IS MAUD WHAT

jeeves fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 15, 2024

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Jewmanji posted:

My guess is that Herbert wanted to include sword fights to add to the medieval/feudal flavor of the world, and so he worked backwards from that idea and had to contrive the lasgun/shield thing to justify it.

why not just not have lasers in your sci fi universe

or just say shields beat them just like they do guns

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a2vVcZ93ii8

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's possible, but they seemed pretty off-put by Paul's fencing style, mistaking his ingrained slow blade and feints within feints style for toying with Jamis. I don't think they'd do well or have any experience against enemies with shields (until Paul trains them).

I'd imagine they'd know about shields but not the specifics of a fighting style focused around them. Similar to how Paul knows about the Fremen ways on paper but in practice is a whole 'nother thing.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
First social media reviews are out. Obviously take with a heavy pinch of salt, and expect actual reviews to be more tempered, but looking good so far: https://variety.com/2024/film/news/dune-2-first-reactions-masterpiece-chalamet-zendaya-1235908114/
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/dune-2-called-masterclass-first-224600791.html

Daduzi fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 16, 2024

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Alia is going to be a tiny adult woman, like in the medieval paintings.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Paul glimpses either Hwi or Darwi.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Guild navigator. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
edit: dbl post

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Real talk probably Paul has prescient visions and she shows up in there, again presumably as Alia. Her being announced so late makes me think it was a very small cameo and one they probably shot separately.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also ATJ would be a very good adult Alia.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1758204560709988541
Lol at these outfits.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Oh poo poo it’s a Mugler

https://x.com/devanayagam/status/1758239469197557806?s=46

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Daduzi posted:

First social media reviews are out. Obviously take with a heavy pinch of salt, and expect actual reviews to be more tempered, but looking good so far: https://variety.com/2024/film/news/dune-2-first-reactions-masterpiece-chalamet-zendaya-1235908114/
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/dune-2-called-masterclass-first-224600791.html

ok but gently caress everyone that's already been able to watch this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
she looks fly as hell

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Badass outfit to pick for a scifi movie premiere

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

she looks like a jojo. aka awesome

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Martman posted:

she looks like a jojo. aka awesome

Timjothee Joestar and his stand, Silver Lady

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

tell me about the drip of your homeworld

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
OH NO. OH NO!

https://x.com/griffschiller/status/1758252459355730417?s=20

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Watching a nearly 3 hour movie in a metal outfit sounds horrible. I hope she changed between the red carpet shoot and the actual screening.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

I guess it's time to dicklessly pontificate on how future-vision Alia kills the baron, if at all.

Calling it now, his suspensor has a battery failure while he's catastrophically floating near the top of some stairs.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MaoistBanker posted:

OH NO. OH NO!

You are old. Rots was a big deal for people my age

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Bugblatter posted:

Watching a nearly 3 hour movie in a metal outfit sounds horrible. I hope she changed between the red carpet shoot and the actual screening.

I dunno if it was the case here but a lot of times celebs dip out after the red carpet

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Scags McDouglas posted:

I guess it's time to dicklessly pontificate on how future-vision Alia kills the baron, if at all.

Calling it now, his suspensor has a battery failure while he's catastrophically floating near the top of some stairs.

I hope it's some Metal Gear Rising poo poo

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

CelticPredator posted:

Rots was a big deal for people my age

Sorry about your generation

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/dieworkwear/status/1758308518116131043?s=46

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Wafflecopper posted:

Sorry about your generation

Whoah whoah he doesn’t speak for all of us.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I speak for all people who are millennials and zoomers

They like that rots

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

kull wahad...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Did he shoot the ATJ stuff just so he could invite her to the party.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gals rock

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Bugblatter posted:

She did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
So apparently Mugler said in an interview that he designed that outfit after being inspired by Metropolis