Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Hempuli posted:

How would people here feel about me posting a non-comic thing? There's a children's book, Brave Little Tailor by Janosch, a Polish author, that takes the classic story in a direction that I think people here might enjoy. I was pondering about scanning and translating the book and this thread felt like the most appropriate place to post it, despite it not being a comic. Would that be ok?

I'd be down. I definitely agree that this thread's developed a specific vibe that's good for stuff like that despite its original intent. I guess it might depend on how long it is -- a kid's book getting posted here for a few weeks wouldn't feel wrong to me, but if it'd be going for several months, it might be a little weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

feels like a bridge too far for me if it's nonillustrated

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

start a thread, post link here.
Bada Bing, Bada boom.

Also Tree Bucket: See if you can send your tablet comic to the creator of Political Samurai Tea Time, I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it.:)

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I don't think I'll know how I'll feel about this story until I get a taste of it to be honest. Does it have any illustrations at all?

Also oo, I just realised Tree Bucket - does this mean your tablet is fixed/it was just the cables?

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 28: Falling Asleep

So close!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces

#444: Light Of Judgment - Slimed Foddermobile

#445: Light Of Judgment - Royal Rumblerumble

#447: Light Of Judgment - Whoops, They Regenerate

Fodder will generally do the right thing after all other options are exhausted
MS Paint Masterpieces

#448: Light Of Judgment - The Shrewd Decision

#449: Light Of Judgment - Polka's A Wuss

#450: Light Of Judgment - It's Windy Up There

And here we are! This is the top of that iconic title screen to megaman 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9DST_M_g8
I like how he changes the perspective so the tiny door makes sense

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Emzedoh posted:

Also oo, I just realised Tree Bucket - does this mean your tablet is fixed/it was just the cables?

It is! As soon as i got my baby tablet home I celebrated by drawing everyone's favorite master of aesthetics and sword murder

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Tunicate posted:

feels like a bridge too far for me if it's nonillustrated

Oh, it's a picture book! I don't think I would've even thought to ask if it was unillustrated. But it's definitely not a comic and there's a bunch of text to accompany each picture.

I guess I'll start posting and people can say how they feel about it. The only problem is that the story diverts from the original yarn towards the end so to get to the stuff that made me ponder about posting it in the first place we'll have to get through some other stuff.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Not to get all Scott McCloud, but if it's got pictures in sequence with words telling a story, it may as well be a comic in my opinion :v

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I was about to say if it was raw text, then a separate thread would be more apropos - but if it is illustrated and you think it'd fit with the vibes of this thread, I'm ok with it (as a non-mod).

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Jasnosch is one of my favorite children's book authors/illustrators, bring it on.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

It is! As soon as i got my baby tablet home I celebrated by drawing everyone's favorite master of aesthetics and sword murder

Missed this earlier - why do I keep forgetting about that latter detail?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Yeah, it's been fascinating to think about. I'm used to thinking of samurai as being the old guard, threatened by the rise of gunpowder armies, when in this series they are the new blood gaining power at the expense of the old nobility in a time of crisis. It came as a shock to see our beloved aesthete running around the battlefield and impaling people's faces on his helmet spikes; but that's his, like, actual job and all the teapot pondering is very much new ground for people of his station...
comic good, basically

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Comic indeed good.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

they showed a Janosch cartoon on Danish TV when I was a kid, I remember it as pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sZXL7X4cQw

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

both times i thought something was wrong with my tablet in the past it was accessories not the tablet itself. glad ya didnt have to spend for a new one!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lmao

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Star Impact

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

here

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sludge Knight: Ms. Rimon Part Two

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Nov 18-25, 1945)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Now why should I have all the fun? I cleaned these two panels a bit let the edits come.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Feb 21, 2024

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

And here we go with the actual final set of Metroid comics from Shounen Oh Game Comics—Find the Baby!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I...impossible! :negative:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 57: Ballad of Our Footprints

Slightly longer this time, wanted to get this scene in one go: suffer Master's admonitions, Sasuke!

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 30: The Mongrel, the Guard and Anomalies

Molga... has tough skin? Ouch.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

jesus christ lady, put SOMETHING under your maille

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

KennyMan666 posted:

And here we go with the actual final set of Metroid comics from Shounen Oh Game Comics—Find the Baby!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdNJIO6wmLw

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

jesus christ lady, put SOMETHING under your maille

The trend of high level people being real goddamn weird continues.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Emzedoh posted:

The trend of high level people being real goddamn weird continues.

she's not even wearing a shirt, she'd be covered in oil and scratches, and her nipples would probably end up torn off. it's not even a bad idea it's just staggeringly implausible (and I know the author knows this)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Vagabond of Limbo

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I, Donardo, decree that every galley sail must be decorated with a picture of me looking dismayed! Thus sayeth Donardo.

By popular demand posted:

Also Tree Bucket: See if you can send your tablet comic to the creator of Political Samurai Tea Time, I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it.:)

What if they reply that I haven't achieved simplicity, and then I start sweating everywhere

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:five: I enjoyed this page very much.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
How would you even pronounce that?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

How would you even pronounce that?

nonononono

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Nonononunono?

Edit: I was trying to do a bit, but the idea that the third "no" is silent is even better. You obviously intended that.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 22:47 on Feb 21, 2024

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Obligatory well now I feel foolish.

Anyway it reminds me of that alien from Futurama Ndndnd, which is pronounced Undunduh.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Owl at Home posted:

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Nov 18-25, 1945)

I envy Donardo for his chaise-longue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I envy Donardo for his chaise-longue

It's got tassels and gryphons!