Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i like how he doesn't understand derivatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Eeyo posted:

i like how

!

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Eeyo posted:

he also doesn't get options

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mashable.com/article/elon-musk-x-twitter-changes-anti-trans-harassment-policy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

i am in awe of how eager the wheels are to fly off on these things, rofl
like yeah for sure that'd gently caress up any car but the entire front suspension would not explode like a 1960s cartoon robot being told a paradox

it's supremely funny to me that, years ago, when the front of my early 00's ford flattened in a crash the wheels still stayed on and functioned which is apparently very difficult for teslas

the whole front crumpled and protected me, too, which is also more than anyone can say for any of these lmaomobiles

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Eeyo posted:

yeah I mean I don't think my ability to look at that chart and understand that it says "the population is growing, but not as fast as it was for a while there" means that I'm particularly brainy or insightful. and yet

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
has his enthusiasm been curbed too?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

tacodaemon posted:

love to respond to a chart showing that the population is growing (just not quite as fast as before) by writing "population is plummeting"

I wish the population of billionaires and their bootlickers would plummet.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

there's some people in the comments saying that a valet there would never approach the sign that way cause they'd have to have left the property so it must have been the owner himself who did it

even the tesla simps admit it https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-crash-beverly-hills-hotel-los-angeles/

quote:

Earlier, it was reported that valet at the hotel was responsible.

However, we have spoken to a source that says the driver was actually the owner of the Cybertruck, and valet was not open or operating at the time of the accident, which occured late Sunday.

quote:

Sources told us this was the first day the owner had the Cybertruck.

being fair if someone gave me a cybertruck I'd probably want to cleanse the evil as fast as possible too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gschmidl posted:

I wish the population of billionaires and their bootlickers would plummet.

preferably from high enough up that they have time to reflect

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

grok you're grounded

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Meanwhile, bazingas are going audiophile. You gotta burn the truck in, man!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

yeah it def looks like a truck for sure

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
even though we know that's a lie, uh i have a question

do teslas not have a valet mode?

lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A C T I V A T I N G F L A M B É M O D E

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

even the tesla simps admit it https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-crash-beverly-hills-hotel-los-angeles/

being fair if someone gave me a cybertruck I'd probably want to cleanse the evil as fast as possible too

I guess the article must have been updated at some point to clarify that it was not actually a valet driving, because the comments are full of Tesla dipshits saying hurr durr the valets are too used to ICE vehicles

which reminds me, I rented an all-electric Kia Niro last year and drove it for a couple of days and it did not feel wildly different from driving any similarly sized non-electric car I've ever driven. are Teslas so stupidly engineered that you have to re-learn how to drive or are Tesla dorks just full of poo poo?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the biggest tesla simps never learned to drive in the first place. for a very large many of them, this is their first car

mystes
May 31, 2006

Twitter, the website where you have to read the article very carefully several times to know how to parse "anti-trans hate policy" and in the end it doesn't even matter because the policy is going to end up being that transphobia is permitted either way

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

by cutting edge they obviously mean the lovely stainless steel body panels

Handle with care

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

I guess the article must have been updated at some point to clarify that it was not actually a valet driving, because the comments are full of Tesla dipshits saying hurr durr the valets are too used to ICE vehicles

yeah it was originally also blaming the valet, but they have some journalistic ethics and updated when they realised that was wrong

tacodaemon posted:

which reminds me, I rented an all-electric Kia Niro last year and drove it for a couple of days and it did not feel wildly different from driving any similarly sized non-electric car I've ever driven. are Teslas so stupidly engineered that you have to re-learn how to drive or are Tesla dorks just full of poo poo?

the only difference I've felt (and I admit I've only done hybrids) is that when it's just the electric motor it is insanely difficult to realise when you're going over the limit because I'm used to the rumble of the engine to hint I'm pushing it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my car is a first-generation platform and somehow the wheels have not fallen off. i guess subaru is just built better idk

that said, it is genuinely impressive that they have been making cars for 12 years (the original roadster does not count) and still have not figured out how to keep the wheels attached

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean, logical designers would put in an acceleration curve on the pedal input. i do not doubt that tesla probably has some stupid logarithmic thing on there so it feels 'fast' when you first take off and you learn to micromanage the first 5% of travel. but that was still not the problem here

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Jonny 290 posted:

even though we know that's a lie, uh i have a question

do teslas not have a valet mode?

lmao

whats valet mode

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

the biggest tesla simps never learned to drive in the first place. for a very large many of them, this is their first car

a fun game to play around here is if the new driver/learning driver stickers on teslas are ironic fsd joke, real, or both. based on the behaviors I've seen, it's both

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Tesseraction posted:

the only difference I've felt (and I admit I've only done hybrids) is that when it's just the electric motor it is insanely difficult to realise when you're going over the limit because I'm used to the rumble of the engine to hint I'm pushing it

our dog likes that low/no rumble experience, apparently. he gets antsy when my car slows and idles, but not our hybrid :shobon:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Chris Knight posted:

I keep deleting him and he keeps coming back lol. c'mon timb

the only other face that was there before was the singer from House of Love, and he didn't come back after being removed
stop saving photos of elon musk to your camera roll or move them to the Hidden spankbank album

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Zamujasa posted:

whats valet mode

when you get your pie with a scoop of ice cream

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Zamujasa posted:

whats valet mode

super fancy cars will have valet mode that puts the rev limiter way down low to prevent the valets from joyriding/getting too goofy with em. Also counts the coins in your coin tray and tracks any that go missing.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

my old 1990 honda accord came with a valet key that wouldn't unlock the trunk. it's a thing that's been around for a long time.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Elder Postsman posted:

my old 1990 honda accord came with a valet key that wouldn't unlock the trunk. it's a thing that's been around for a long time.

also had it on my '12 civic

I don't think my current car has one tho

but like let's be honest there's no chance those valets like, right loving there, aren't used to muscle cars

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

the comments are full of Tesla dipshits saying hurr durr the valets are too used to ICE vehicles

No, driving a Tesla feels almost exactly the same as driving a gas car with an automatic. If you slam the pedal to the floor it will accelerate very quickly, but if you don't do that, it won't. From my limited experience driving a friend's model Y, it's got a very forgiving curve in the accelerator pedal and it's easy to creep around at walking speeds. If anything, in a Tesla you are much more likely to suddenly stop than to suddenly accelerate, because of the stupid one pedal driving that puts the brakes on at maximum effort if your foot pops off the gas.

But the really stupid part of the post is the implication that a valet in Beverly Hills would be inexperienced with Teslas, high performance cars, or driving in general. That dude has to drive stick shift Lamborghinis on a daily basis. What a stupid lie

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

But the really stupid part of the post is the implication that a valet in Beverly Hills would be inexperienced with Teslas, high performance cars, or driving in general. That dude has to drive stick shift Lamborghinis on a daily basis. What a stupid lie

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

preferably from high enough up that they have time to reflect

is reflecting when you bounce off the ground

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ha ha ha, can you imagine if that was a person instead of a sign? 🤣🤣

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
all input is error, and thus all warranties are void if not using FSD

also if you are using FSD

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i feel like a tweet saying "expensive hotel's valet crashed my car" when you know it wasn't the valet is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

psiox posted:

all input is error, and thus all warranties are void if not using FSD

also if you are using FSD

if you were in charge of the car and it crashed, it's your fault because you should have used fsd to prevent it

if fsd was in charge of the car and it crashed, it's your fault because you should have taken over to stop it

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

"WARRANTY VOID" flashes on the screen as the car reverts to manual control 200 milliseconds before impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Elder Postsman posted:

mine locks the infortainment system if i synced any contacts to it, restricts certain settings, etc. behind a pin. not that i do those things or use a valet typically, but it's nice to know it's there

ryanrs posted:

"WARRANTY VOID" flashes on the screen as the car reverts to manual control 200 milliseconds before impact.

this feels like a scene from a robocop movie that'd get a chuckle in the 80's and a knowing sigh now