Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

just play whatever you want.

the only way you could gimp yourself in OG DD was if you spent 200 levels playing Mage/Sorceror then decided right at the end to try playing Fighter. Even then your magic stat would be buff enough that elemental weapons would do some damage.

And even if you went out of your way to nerf yourself with leveling you'd still be a few periapts away from it not mattering, which you would be using anyway if you're an optimization nut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
The Dog

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Arisen and her pawn, looking for llamas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Was able to make a pretty decent version of myself, although my hairline is much worse.

And my little pissbitch goblin pawn

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

victrix posted:

I realize this dead forum is famous for never updated OPs, but this is truly impressive for a really big hit game coming out soon

The plan was just make a new thread closer to release.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
GMG is region locked for NZ, and apparently only NZ, so that's nice, considering the game is about 80 USD here

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Someone on Reddit posted Horace.

Hello, Horace.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao the posture settings

And the lube settings

I cannot wait to find my plucky robin's hood cap again. It better be in DD2

Inzombiac posted:

I think I killed that in the Cyrodiil imperial prison and took her lightning staff

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 11, 2024

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zombeef posted:

Ngl, my brain immediately thought you were making a joker-Jerma

Someone told me it looked like jerma cosplaying the Crow and I'm fine with that :v:.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Does anyone know if/when there will be pre-release reviews and footage? This game just looks so good and I want to see more of it. A relaxing slow flyby of the environments would be great background while reading or something.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Does anyone know if/when there will be pre-release reviews and footage? This game just looks so good and I want to see more of it. A relaxing slow flyby of the environments would be great background while reading or something.

We are getting at least a bit right now but Capcom usually only releases the review embargo the day before release on most of their major franchises. So I'd expect a deluge then and pretty much nothing but tidbits until then unless the game leaks.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I am in the Witchwood and found the Metal Golem. I am a Warrior with no levels whatsoever in Strider or Ranger and my pawn is a Sorcerer, same deal. That said, even if I get two bow pawns they don't seem to want to concentrate on that last disk in a tree. Is there a way to get them to pay attention to it, or am I better off getting a decent bow and I couple of levels as a Dexterity class and shooting the dang thing down myself?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Gicel does part physical damage and can take them out on your Sorc pawn, but if you've got ranged pawns that aren't attacking that might not matter much.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

heres a list of the videos from last week https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJAUuFY6W8ODa9UbciBjCWhLqy4nKWgvz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHW6pCmaNcs not quite what youre asking for unless you can get a lot of reading done in 10 minutes but its something

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

7c Nickel posted:

Gicel does part physical damage and can take them out on your Sorc pawn, but if you've got ranged pawns that aren't attacking that might not matter much.

They are taking shots at it occationally but they do no appreciable damage to them, and they end up paying more attention to the Golem anyway.

In any case I saw that this particular quest does not have an expiration so I will put it on ice for now.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Unlucky7 posted:

So I am in the Witchwood and found the Metal Golem. I am a Warrior with no levels whatsoever in Strider or Ranger and my pawn is a Sorcerer, same deal. That said, even if I get two bow pawns they don't seem to want to concentrate on that last disk in a tree. Is there a way to get them to pay attention to it, or am I better off getting a decent bow and I couple of levels as a Dexterity class and shooting the dang thing down myself?

As a desperate last ditch you can throw rocks at it. :v:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Galaga Galaxian posted:

As a desperate last ditch you can throw rocks at it. :v:

How? Because I don't know how to free aim with items and all the ledges around it that seem close and high enough I can not climb up on.

I am sorry I don't mean to be a jerk about this. I feel like I am legit missing something.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 11, 2024

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

They're an item, you probably don't have any on you though! Cause why would anyone carry rocks? I only mentioned it cause I saw one video where a solo sorcerer used them to finish that quest lol.

And yeah, Metal golems kinda suck. That quest to kill the metal golem in the Witchwood never expires (until Postgame maybe?) so you could just leave it for later.

Corsec
Apr 17, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

When I did this I drew the golem up to the hilly area where it has trouble pathing. Then ran back to the tree disc. Without a golem to distract them pawns will be more likely to attack it. When the golem returns then make it chase you back up to the hills. Repeat as needed. This won't work if the other golems are awakened. So it'd be better to destroy the tree disc first, because attacking the other discs will risk waking the other golems.

If you leave the area or use portcrystals, it will respawn all the discs at full health. I found that out the hard way after I almost had it killed.

You can also just leave it till you are a higher level, the quest won't fail until you go to NG+.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think I resorted to climbing the golem and jumping off of it to attack the targets the last time I realized how badly I hosed up in choosing to be melee for that fight.

Corsec
Apr 17, 2007
Has anyone ever ridden harpys? One of my pawns mentioned using it for travel (near the Greatwall) and it seems to imply that ridden creatures can be controllable in some way.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Corsec posted:

Has anyone ever ridden harpys? One of my pawns mentioned using it for travel (near the Greatwall) and it seems to imply that ridden creatures can be controllable in some way.

Ah, that's when you grab one of them and manage to fly a little, you can use that near the Bluemoon Tower to get to some hard to reach chests but it's hard to do sometimes since your pawns might murder the harpies before you have the chance.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Koorisch posted:

Ah, that's when you grab one of them and manage to fly a little, you can use that near the Bluemoon Tower to get to some hard to reach chests but it's hard to do sometimes since your pawns might murder the harpies before you have the chance.

Also note if you're too fat they'll really struggle with you. I love the way the first game included little variances on weight and hope the sequel keeps that up. More than once a harpy like, grabbed a pawn, lifted off with it, and dropped it off a cliff. It tried that with my character and was not successful.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Finally a game where being a chonky boi is duly rewarded

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

There's also a part with high winds where, if you're small and light, you'll just get blown around and need to do all sorts of timing bullshit or careful maneuvering to make it past them. Or you can just be a big beefy arisen and slog your way through like the juggernaut. It's great.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Corsec posted:

There are some chests in Bitterblack than can only be reached this way.

Corsec
Apr 17, 2007
What's the best way to grind for lvl 3 weapons and armor in Bitterblack? Should I be running to chests or targetting specific enemies and/or locations?

I mean methods that don't involve involve godsbaning or exploits.

Corsec fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 11, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Godsbaning until you get the drop you want is the best method, unfortunately. I think it's basically impossible to max out your gear otherwise, unless you play for hundreds of hours

Corsec
Apr 17, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Godsbaning until you get the drop you want is the best method, unfortunately. I think it's basically impossible to max out your gear otherwise, unless you play for hundreds of hours

In that case it's probably better to use a cheat mod to spawn in the desired item as soon as I make a save next to the chest. Same outcome, but it saves time and lets me get on with the game.

That also explains why so many online pawns have maxed out gear even at relatively low levels.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lol but also :smith:

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Crowetron posted:

There's no way the music and sound collection includes Into Free, right? I don't need to drop the extra ten bucks.

...right?

Nah it'll be in the base game and come on for the final boss elden ring style if there is any justice in this world

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I liked what DD1 did for its final boss theme, after a game of goofy heroic antics with hype combat themes it made the tone switch to the cosmic and the profound really well

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

I would basically like that in reverse this time please capcom

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

God it would be sick to go for the fate of the universe stuff again, then keep on going and closing it out on the biggest, coolest fight with a dragon to inspiring j-rock

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Isn't B'z insanely popular? I bet the licensing fees for their songs are massive, but here's hoping.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Isn't B'z insanely popular? I bet the licensing fees for their songs are massive, but here's hoping.

I had it explained to me like B'z are basically japanese Aerosmith, in that nobody really hates them and everybody's totally okay with an occasionally appearing Aerosmith song but if you're like a vocal and active Aerosmith fan and you're not like 12 or whatever then people are going to look at you weird.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Delete it NOW

loving can't wait to have some of these pawns, the character creator is so much better than first.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

this has been explained like 5000 times at this point but people do not understand the concept of licensing fees or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

So uh DD2 huh