Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

about to clean the coffee grinder

looks like it worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
having an afternoon coffee cause i was up til the sun came up playing Balatro and i didn't realize it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
enjoying a coffee irl

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

having some coffee-infused cherry tea, a good rainy afternoon drink.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

enjoying a coffee irl
whoa, same

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

seriously?!? jesus what are the odds on that one lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/tonyhawktruther/status/1766783629894549919?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
Having a Monday morning coffee

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
used up the last of my beans this morning, will have to brave the cold and go buy some more

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had bad office coffee today because the good office coffee was out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

had bad office coffee today because the good office coffee was out

had a second cup lol

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

sometimes you gotta

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ran outta regular coffee and had to switch to backup

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

getting near the end of the vigilante bag, onto the next probably next week.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
mrogjing espreso4 not working uet

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
my partner decided she doesn't want to make coffee in the mornings when she's up first so she got a drip machine with a timer and built in grinder so you put in beans and water the night before and schedule it for the morning

to keep up appearances I made sure to :qq: about our other nicer grinder and carefully weighing beans:water ratios and expert pourover technique but it's all a sham really because it's coffee and it's hot and it's there when you wake up and nobody is too good for that

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

big scary monsters posted:

my partner decided she doesn't want to make coffee in the mornings when she's up first so she got a drip machine with a timer and built in grinder so you put in beans and water the night before and schedule it for the morning

to keep up appearances I made sure to :qq: about our other nicer grinder and carefully weighing beans:water ratios and expert pourover technique but it's all a sham really because it's coffee and it's hot and it's there when you wake up and nobody is too good for that

yeah, i just use the cheapest keurig i could get except i dont buy pods, i use a reusable one. it's actually insanely fast too compared to all the ones i've used before this. other ones i've used take like 5 minutes to make a cup of coffee but the one i have will do it in like 30 seconds.

and if i'm feeling like making more than one cup i've got a cheap rear end french press and electric kettle

i've also never been able to tell the difference between brewing methods, even supposedly fancy ones. it's all in the beans to me

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 13, 2024

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

my brother got one of those, I think he was expecting to get woken up by the smell of fresh coffee wafting through from the kitchen. in fact it means he's woken up by the extremely loud grinder.

but having coffee right there when you wake up is pretty amazing

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Gonna make coffee when I get into the office. Mr. Coffee and Costco beans here we come

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Used my moka pot for the first time over the weekend. I kept checking it and it was empty, then suddenly full of delicious bean water.

So far the warost part about it was having to throw out the first cup as instructed because of possible manufacturing contamination.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Is the aeropress worth it? I see a lot of people in here talking about it but it looks like a french press to me so I don't really know what's so special about it.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Large Testicles posted:

yeah, i just use the cheapest keurig i could get except i dont buy pods, i use a reusable one.

I do this too. Still using the same machine from like 2010 or something

only complaint is it doesn't fill my large mugs

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

hosed up. i'd leave her imho.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

AlbertFlasher posted:

Is the aeropress worth it? I see a lot of people in here talking about it but it looks like a french press to me so I don't really know what's so special about it.

it's different to a french press in ways i'm not qualified to explain. i find it makes better coffee than a french press more consistently, but it's more fiddly because to get a full mug i have to do two grinds, two presses.

extremely easy to clean and makes a passable latte base (see previous posts where i whine about not having the budget for an espresso machine).

i find you don't get as much control as you might with a french press because there's the premature drip through (which is eliminated with the drip control cap but i haven't tried that) but i think the theory is that espresso does this too so it's okay.

tldr as with any coffee equipment do what james hoffmann tells you to

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Nobody Interesting posted:

it's different to a french press in ways i'm not qualified to explain. i find it makes better coffee than a french press more consistently, but it's more fiddly because to get a full mug i have to do two grinds, two presses.

extremely easy to clean and makes a passable latte base (see previous posts where i whine about not having the budget for an espresso machine).

i find you don't get as much control as you might with a french press because there's the premature drip through (which is eliminated with the drip control cap but i haven't tried that) but i think the theory is that espresso does this too so it's okay.

tldr as with any coffee equipment do what james hoffmann tells you to

Ah okay.

Do you use the paper filters or the steel one?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

my fukin laptop bag tipped over and knocked over my iced coffee while i was in a conference room (with hot coffee) wtf. fortunately it was only some of it but still

losing the one to the wind was a mistake but this was negligence and i accept any punishment given to me

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

AlbertFlasher posted:

Ah okay.

Do you use the paper filters or the steel one?

i prefer paper but if you like a chewy coffee then metal is good too. i still haven't gotten through the original filters they last forever

my opinion of aeropress overall is that it gives great results and it's cheap with replaceable parts, and convenient if you're travelling or something and want good coffee. but it quickly gets time consuming if you're making more than one cup so i only use it sparingly when in the mood

ive found the big rubber stopper can get weird and sticky, idk if it was from several years of uv exposure or what. but you can just buy a replacement stopper ($6 for two on amazon) if it comes up

also i like to put everything into it upside down and stir, then put the filter and cap on then flip it over onto a mug

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
new beans today, can't wait to make morning coffee

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
well now, it's time to drink coffee

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

my quest for frugality has meant i have had no coffee shop-provided lattes for 3 weeks now. no starbucks, no good earth, no indie places. assuming an estimate of $20/week on dessert coffees that's $60 into savings which can go into some god drat good beans.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
started the coffeemaker without water before getting in the shower earlier today. going pretty good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I made coffee at home and brought it to work in my zojirushi

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i had an iced cofffee after softball practice

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

started the coffeemaker without water before getting in the shower earlier today. going pretty good

lol I’m sorry but that’s a classic coffee fuckup

I’m drinking coffee from the shop rn

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I put too much coffee in the filter at 7am and it set my nerves jangling all morning. had an espresso with lunch. felt great

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

lol I’m sorry but that’s a classic coffee fuckup

before i walked away the back of my brain said 'youre missing something' and i was like nah

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

got a coffee here, wishin i still had some of that coffee cake

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ack, we are late on drinking coffee !

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i drank the coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rough start to a friday for graph but I'm confident he can make it to the finish line