Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cat Face Joe posted:

i don't know why the camera is such a mystery to people

imo it's just a fat finger. usually it's "peep who's trying to call into the meeting from the lab in gloves, and modern phones don't have any sort of bezel so it's easy to accidentally tap the row of buttons at the bottom of the screen, one of which is video"

that one's not me, but "guy who's working in the lab while called into a meeting, uttering a constant stream of expletives under his breath for several minutes while wrestling machinery, and only then notices that he's unmuted", well, no comment.

now that i think about it, one time i dropped my phone, caught it, but in so doing, my thumb grazed the camera button so i probably looked real stupid (more than usual) for the two seconds it took to turn it back off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

jesus WEP posted:

i had this exact guy except he also thundered away at his mechanical keyboard 100% of the time other folks were talking

lol there is always that guy, I get worried it's me

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

guy who starts shuffling his papers? desk items? assortment of cups? for an extended period while also looking directly in the camera. what are you doing buddy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol there is always that guy, I get worried it's me
i have a mechanical keyboard and also use my webcam’s mic so i am probably that guy :blush:

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

guy with covid who coughs through the whole thing and never mutes despite claiming he would

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

person who can't go 5 minutes without hearing their own voice or seeing their own chat messages. messages are always zero content cheers

YAY

<3

AWSESOME

SO COOL

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

the key account manager who has apparently never heard of the scheduling assistant, preferring to waste everyone's time on a group chat asking if such and such timeslot works for everyone

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

guy who turns up and immediately announces he's leaving the meetung

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

outhole surfer posted:

person who can't go 5 minutes without hearing their own voice or seeing their own chat messages. messages are always zero content cheers

YAY

<3

AWSESOME

SO COOL

also the only person that responds to your 30 minute engineering presentation so you know at least someone was aware of it

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

the guy who unmutes and talks to his dog but then never shows pictures of the dog

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
guy who consistently mixes up the indian contractors’ names

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my homie dhall posted:

indian contractor getting increasingly upset that no one can pronounce his name until one day he flips out on everyone on the call

the next day his name is once again mispronounced

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
guy who's apparently calling from a construction site or a jackhammer testing facility and doesn't mute

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

guy who is in a very loud public place and the noise cancelling struggles so hard his voice is turned into an unintelligible garbled mess

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

guy who asks if the next meeting can be extended two hours so that his issue can be addressed

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

dioxazine posted:

guy who asks if the next meeting can be extended two hours so that his issue can be addressed

I think you mean “guy who’s gonna have an unfortunate accident in the parking lot this evening”

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

guy who's apparently calling from a construction site or a jackhammer testing facility and doesn't mute

mechanical keyboard user detected

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

guy whose voice is garbled and unintelligible when he says anything other than "can you hear me?" or "am i dropping out?" or "let me try again"

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
guy who... ...BARK-alling fr... ... ...shelte- BARK BARK BARK-lso loca... ... ...side a fara-BARK-cage

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

guy who's talking while muted, notices, and holds ip his finger while hes rummaging in the sound settings

...at least once every week ad infinitum

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

my homie dhall posted:

white guy barging in at the start of the call to make sure everyone knows it's pronounced "dixit"

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

mechanical keyboard user detected

I don't know why Teams is unable to ignore mechanical keyboard clacking; Discord does it fine!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lampey posted:

the guy who unmutes and talks to his dog but then never shows pictures of the dog

rear end in a top hat

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
today i had two different meetings with two different guys who were apparently unaware that it is important to remain in the same room as the microphone while you talk

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wait really

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
seems like we just found a third one

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

~Coxy posted:

white guy barging in at the start of the call to make sure everyone knows it's pronounced "dixit"

guy who waits until half way through the call to announce that everyone is saying his name wrong

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Raluek posted:

now that i think about it, one time i dropped my phone, caught it, but in so doing, my thumb grazed the camera button so i probably looked real stupid (more than usual) for the two seconds it took to turn it back off

av + post but I’m on mobile, in the airport and not loving with a 6er for getting nbsp bit wrong

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I was in a labor meeting and the rear end in a top hat from management was in the call with camera on and shirt off. Like I work at a swimming pool and I still put on a shirt for meetings.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

guy who waits until half way through the call to announce that everyone is saying his name wrong

i'm the guy who never corrects people that are saying his name wrong, no matter how long we've known eachother

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

the guy whose laptop camera doesn't know how to handle a shift in sunlight so every now and then the bloom will be so bad it looks like he was just caught in a nuclear explosion and then it will go back to normal and you have to live with the disappointment it wasn't real

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
guy who insists we all close our laptops during a teams-based presentation in-office, who then closes their laptop, cutting us off from the presenter who is coming through his laptop

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
bite me guy, i take meeting minutes as required by our ISO certification on my laptop!

<browses classics.autotrader.com visibly>

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Guy who dials in from a car showroom and refuses to elaborate

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Guy who's the only one who has his camera on, and spends the entire meeting juggling a fidget toy (it's me, if I don't keep my hands busy I browse twitter)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tesla was right posted:

Guy who dials in from a car showroom and refuses to elaborate

I attended a zoom meeting from an Ikea living room once

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
guy apparently dialing in from an Egyptian tomb with mummies (?)

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

the head of marketing making it painfully obvious they care about the things meticulously arranged on their ikea bookshelf not so subtly laughing at the messy of random crap behind me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Easter peeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp