Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

love to go to a bar and be unhappy that people are there having fun
The friend of a friend wasn't at the bar I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

love to go to a bar and be unhappy that people are there having fun

same but anywhere.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh right we went to another cocktail bar between ramen and karaoke too.

no, they weren't at the first bar. they were a good sport about the rest of us drinking, i guess -- they didn't say anything rude. but they did look kind of bored and refused to sing so

mystes
May 31, 2006

Do they not approve of karaoke either?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

oh right we went to another cocktail bar between ramen and karaoke too.

no, they weren't at the first bar. they were a good sport about the rest of us drinking, i guess -- they didn't say anything rude. but they did look kind of bored and refused to sing so

the best thing to do is to go up and sing a song completely sober in front of a bunch of drunks. chances are you'll nail it better than any of they can, and no matter what you'll get a big round of applause

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

not wanting to drink i can understand, but not wanting to karaoke? straight to jail

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Truman Peyote posted:

three day weekend commences now. this is good but i maintain that easter should be a four day weekend

it is though???

(BCGEU ftw)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

the best thing to do is to go up and sing a song completely sober in front of a bunch of drunks. chances are you'll nail it better than any of they can, and no matter what you'll get a big round of applause
teetotal here and iawtp

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the time before last that i went there was a glee club there and like. uh

i mean they were really good, no question. so that was fun to listen to. but also it's kinda taking the navy seals to your kid cousin's laser tag party, you know

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post hole digger posted:

same but anywhere.

:hmmyes:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mystes posted:

The friend of a friend wasn't at the bar I think

I'm illiterate

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

i mean they were really good, no question. so that was fun to listen to. but also it's kinda taking the navy seals to your kid cousin's laser tag party, you know

depends on what team the seals are on. good odds the kid cousin would be stoked if a bunch of army dudes were on his team

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
my idea for multiball baseball is to cross it with timecube: four simultaneous pitchers and batters, one at each base position with four concentric sets of bases

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

they should have been bounced to the curb. karaoke is where anyone can take the mic and be a star, and not feel ashamed. i will rise to any occasion because one time i saw a guy really badly and painfully struggle through a garth brooks song in front of a crowded room until the very end, and from that day forth i vowed to one day be so brave

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

you will never get me in front of a karaoke mic because i like living and not e.g. dying of an anxiety/stress-driven heart attack

call it boring cowardice if you like

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah i can see the appeal but drat that’d be hard for me

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i enjoy drinking a beer or two but tbh getting more drunk than that never was particularly fun for me. i’m still shy and clumsy and anything more than like 4 and i just get depressed and want to lay on the floor.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it is not economical for me to get drunk at a bar lol

matti
Mar 31, 2019

the last 30 days i only drank alcohol once :-)) before today (opening day that's my excuse)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I just discovered that this song is in the karaoke catalog at the place I go to and I'm gonna confuse the hell outta everybody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG5vDG-zjmc

matti
Mar 31, 2019

also i have been doing Calisthenics and can do 7 push-ups now! wow!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

CPColin posted:

I just discovered that this song is in the karaoke catalog at the place I go to and I'm gonna confuse the hell outta everybody

they're all going to love it, ironically

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

my idea for multiball baseball is to cross it with timecube: four simultaneous pitchers and batters, one at each base position with four concentric sets of bases

idk what "timecube" is but it made me think baseball would be way better if time randomly adjusted at roving points around the field. you could have like a 0.5% chance of a completely stopped clock during a game, people would go nuts if a home run got frozen in place and just picked out of the air lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
alternatively have it played in dune buggies or something i dont know.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Beeftweeter posted:

idk what "timecube" is

https://web.archive.org/web/20150506055228/http://www.timecube.com/index.html

matti
Mar 31, 2019

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
like other conspiracy theorists, 2008 flipped a switch in him and he started ranting about how obama was a n-word and the jews

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

ai thread is thataway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it is not economical for me to get drunk at a bar lol
this is essentially true anywhere you can buy booze

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
but also: :yossame:

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

depends on what team the seals are on. good odds the kid cousin would be stoked if a bunch of army dudes were on his team

as a teen I worked at a place that did kids birthday parties and had a 4 story play place thing where they got two games of laser tag w the price of the bday party or whatever

one of my jobs was causally disconnecting the score keeper machine when needed so that each team would win one game a piece. sorry kids the system is rigged

matti
Mar 31, 2019

bob dobbs is dead posted:

like other conspiracy theorists, 2008 flipped a switch in him and he started ranting about how obama was a n-word and the jews

yeah, schizophrenia is a hell of a thing

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

as a teen I worked at a place that did kids birthday parties and had a 4 story play place thing where they got two games of laser tag w the price of the bday party or whatever

one of my jobs was causally disconnecting the score keeper machine when needed so that each team would win one game a piece. sorry kids the system is rigged

was this place called "sports n games"

because if so i loving knew it

mystes
May 31, 2006

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

that's so random that someone decided that was necessary

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mystes posted:

like it would definitely be one hell of a coincidence if feisty worked at the same place i went to as a kid, but thats kinda unlikely so it might be standard practice lol

it was noticeable because you could literally stand next to someone and shoot them point blank without it counting

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

i will support this but i suspect most games will have the players at like .001. sixty percent of the usa doesn't drink at all. and most people can't afford to get loaded at a major league game anyway. 10 ounces of 4.2% for like 14 dollars, woof.

now, apply this to your local little league game...

i bet even fewer than 40% of little league players drink

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

mystes posted:

the owner was a legit good dude who just wanted to make sure each kid at the party won a game. the place had like 8 employees and 6 of them were teenagers, so not some weird corporate mandate or whatever

in the evenings they’d have just normal laser tag where we didn’t monkey with the scoreboard. unless it was friends of ours in which case we might just to be dicks

place was called club fun

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Beeftweeter posted:

like it would definitely be one hell of a coincidence if feisty worked at the same place i went to as a kid, but thats kinda unlikely so it might be standard practice lol

it was noticeable because you could literally stand next to someone and shoot them point blank without it counting

that place also had a small arcade and that’s when I learned that a lot of those ticket dispensing machines have a gently caress You dial you can adjust that’ll determine if you actually hit the jackpot or whatever. said decent owner set it to be very lenient cuz he said “it’s just cheap plastic crap we give away who cares”

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

that place also had a small arcade and that’s when I learned that a lot of those ticket dispensing machines have a gently caress You dial you can adjust that’ll determine if you actually hit the jackpot or whatever. said decent owner set it to be very lenient cuz he said “it’s just cheap plastic crap we give away who cares”

sounds like an extremely similar kind of place. they also had gokarts and a two or three story foam ball pit with air cannons and a bunch of slides and ambush spots, it ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

til that the reason my elite laser tag team K1LL007 inexplicably lost to "pokemondudz" 0-1 was because some store manager had placed his considerable weight on the scales