Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Posting a video in portrait that is also zoomed in so the screen is cut, absolutely shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffy
Oct 31, 2010

AndrewP posted:

the Norfolk Tides is basically a major league lineup. they need move some of these guys before they get too old

That first 5 in the lineup is hilarious for AAA. Yesterday they scored 12 runs essentially entirely by those 5.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

AndrewP posted:

the Norfolk Tides is basically a major league lineup. they need move some of these guys before they get too old

That team beats the A’s, Rockies, and maybe Nats current lineups

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I have a good feeling about super religious Jordan Wicks on Easter

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I don't have a good feeling about the Wrigley opener happening at all

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

https://x.com/mikeyastrzemski/status/1774275779310022735?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Winning your first series to open the season feels great but I'm not putting any stock into it. Just good vibes atm

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I don't have a good feeling about the Wrigley opener happening at all

It's supposed to rain (and briefly snow) all day Tuesday and Wednesday as well, whole series may genuinely get rained out.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I would 100% trust Mark Kotsay with managing the A's pen if I was a fan of the A's because lol lmao that isn't the weak link on the club (everything is)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

I'm falling in love.

maffew buildings posted:

I would 100% trust Mark Kotsay with managing the A's pen if I was a fan of the A's because lol lmao that isn't the weak link on the club (everything is)

The A's bullpen is one of the most reliable ever fielded. They're gonna give up about five runs, no matter what, like clockwork.

For all their Yankee whinging, their bullpen did an extraordinary job last year. They actually had the best ERA in the regular season.

https://www.covers.com/sport/baseball/mlb/statistics/team-bullpenera/2023

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
A’s need to move to Vegas

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

A’s need to move to Vegas

Reported for hate speech

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Anthony Rendon sporting an OPS of zero, nowhere to go but up

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

maffew buildings posted:

Reported for hate speech

I’m sorry. Just so embarrassing to watch those crowds.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah really weird that people aren't paying to show up and watch a godawful team owned by a guy who has spent the last several years pissing all over them and swearing to move the team.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I’m sorry. Just so embarrassing to watch those crowds.

They're not going to be better in Vegas.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

They're not going to be better in Vegas.

They will 100% be better in Vegas because they will have to try to win, at least for the first few years.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

mcmagic posted:

They will 100% be better in Vegas because they will have to try to win, at least for the first few years.

Also there's a punitive clause if he just sells the team

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The A's can double their payroll and still be in the bottom third of the league, I don't see them spending more than that

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

just lmao if you think they'll be better in Vegas or that anything Fisher does operationally will change

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

mlb.tv app is just fuckin broken as hell this year huh? I keep getting sent to commercial mid the last at bat every inning (listening to audio, idk if video is working right). frustrating as hell

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Tatsuta Age posted:

mlb.tv app is just fuckin broken as hell this year huh? I keep getting sent to commercial mid the last at bat every inning (listening to audio, idk if video is working right). frustrating as hell

it's real bad, usually when you get stuck in a commercial loop it's because it's reverted to the start of the broadcast and you have to push it live again. i do not know why it does that.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Any time I interact with commercial streaming software I’m reminded that open source piracy poo poo like the arrs work very well with good UX and they’re put together by volunteers. Many people at mlb are getting paid to gently caress up profit seeking bullshit features and adding dark patterns to make your experience worse.

The MLB app is actually a pretty good metaphor for baseball at large.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

MLB doesn't want you using the app or any kind of streaming. They want you watching games on cable TV. Their software is purposefully terrible.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rendon now with an OPS+ of -100 through three games, making around $714,000 during that time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Eric the Mauve posted:

MLB doesn't want you using the app or any kind of streaming. They want you watching games on cable TV. Their software is purposefully terrible.

I don't think this is true. MLB Advanced Media is a loving cash cow.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's a lot of money, yes. It's still a piss in the ocean compared to the TV money. That will inexorably continue to grow less true with each passing year, but right now MLB is still in a committed relationship with TV Money and isn't ready to start fooling around.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

mdemone posted:

Rendon now with an OPS+ of -100 through three games, making around $714,000 during that time.

Please continue doing this all season

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bregor posted:

Please continue doing this all season

You're goddamn skippy I will

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

It's a tossup whether Ippei or Rendon stole more money from Shohei

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Rendon is stealing money from Arte Moreno, which is to say he's doing the Lord's work.

Well, not work per se.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

At least he's got three putouts to go along with one error :bang:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Rendon is stealing money from Arte Moreno, which is to say he's doing the Lord's work.

Well, not work per se.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/lafargue/1883/lazy/

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Juan Soto fits the Yankees like a glove.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Giants DFA Joey Bart. The writing was on the wall when we signed Tom Murphy as a backup C. They waited until they needed to call up a spot starter, probably hoping to sneak Bart thru waivers, but I imagine someone claims him. Former #2 overall pick and probably a bust, but you never know.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Someone will give him a shot

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Juan Soto fixed the Yankees, 162-0 is on

They’ve literally never looked this good against Houston lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The Pittsburgh Pirates are currently hold 1st place in the NL.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

*wrong thread*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

Juan Soto fixed the Yankees, 162-0 is on

They’ve literally never looked this good against Houston lol

Amazing how having an actual LF seems to matter?!?!?