Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

My message to scum: please please please please don't kill anyone!!! I love them all and I need them to be with me always, I won't let go I won't let go!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JosefStalinator posted:

Classic scum strat flattering me

Flattering ME, and it's working :sun:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
True mafiaheads will know that poor reading comprehension by me is a town tell

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

JosefStalinator posted:

True mafiaheads will know that poor reading comprehension by me is a town tell

I wish this was true about me. I just have poor reading comprehension all the time

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I won't be voting Josef today because he cannot die and to me that's the most beautiful and wonderful thing a person can possibly be

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tea Party Crasher posted:

My message to scum: please please please please don't kill anyone!!! I love them all and I need them to be with me always, I won't let go I won't let go!!!

Last IUDMM I had an ability that locked down everyone at night, even night actions that were normally unblockable. I could use it once but it would recharge if the town voted no execute. I was going to propose an enforced harmony with the Mafia by locking down the game every night and no executing every day, but the game ended before I had a chance to put that plan into motion.

If that power exists in this game we should just go for the harmony ending

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Probably like a 7, but a 10 on the D1's where I get voted out or shot.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

Last IUDMM I had an ability that locked down everyone at night, even night actions that were normally unblockable. I could use it once but it would recharge if the town voted no execute. I was going to propose an enforced harmony with the Mafia by locking down the game every night and no executing every day, but the game ended before I had a chance to put that plan into motion.

no

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Jose Valasquez posted:

Sorry Jose but there are clear delineations between good and bad and we should always be trying to make everything good well denying anything bad.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sorry Jose but there are clear delineations between good and bad and we should always be trying to make everything good well denying anything bad.

Actions are good or bad, you would have us execute members of our community based on something they might do? Members of this town will almost certainly execute innocent people in trying to root out the Mafia, is this not an evil that we should try to prevent???

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

And I know what you're probably thinking, isn't Harmony good? Shouldn't there be a balance between light and dark? To that I say no. Good shall prevail by destroying evil

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

Actions are good or bad, you would have us execute members of our community based on something they might do? Members of this town will almost certainly execute innocent people in trying to root out the Mafia, is this not an evil that we should try to prevent???

The price of victory is innocent lives

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

reminder to respond to the survey. you have nothing better to do

zzyzx posted:

Morning, Sharkmafia! Day 1 can be tricky, but it's also exciting to see how things unfold. I'd say I'm about a 5 on the 'dislike' scale for Day 1. How about you?

personally i'd be at about a 7 i'd say

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

And I know what you're probably thinking, isn't Harmony good? Shouldn't there be a balance between light and dark? To that I say no. Good shall prevail by destroying evil

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JosefStalinator posted:

Only for the Mafia :colbert:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Leaving my breadcrumb here:

In heaven, after antipasti, the first course will be pasta.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

Only for the Mafia :colbert:

:wrong:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JosefStalinator posted:

hmmm - I feel like I swore a blood oath against you because you bamboozled me in our last game?

can you confirm?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Voodoofly posted:

Leaving my breadcrumb here:

In heaven, after antipasti, the first course will be pasta.

That's the whole bread

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Voodoofly posted:

hmmm - I feel like I swore a blood oath against you because you bamboozled me in our last game?

can you confirm?

To you, being bamboozled by me was the most important mafia event of your life

To me, it was Tuesday

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Voodoofly posted:

can you confirm?

JosefStalinator posted:

To me, it was Tuesday

I was bamboozled by JS at least once before and, by complete coincidence and in no way related to such a thing, it looks like I'm currently voting JS. Imagine that.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Oh wait. Licorice hat!

##vote Sandwolf

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JosefStalinator posted:

To me, it was Tuesday

can't have been that important if I can't remember if it happened at all

yet you remember what day it was?

shook

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Voodoofly posted:

can't have been that important if I can't remember if it happened at all

yet you remember what day it was?

shook

My bluff was called :negative:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hello I am here now.

I just realized TPC is in this game which means ##vote Tea Party Crasher

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Hell yeah new game!

Day 1 "oh let's all just joke around" no Mafia is serious business here is some CONTENT.

Dominoes posted:

Day 1 is fun for chatting with the mafia bros (gender neutral). It's not a great time for making accurate reads, nor for producing information to facilitate this later.

Big Wrong Energy here - so wrong it reads town.

JosefStalinator posted:

I'll take a gun if one is being offered

Woof. Weird post. It's one thing to volunteer to get something that, flavor wise, appears to be a killing role... but look at how noncommittal this is. Super scummy. Big "what if we kissed behind the bleachers hahaha! Just kidding! Unless..." energy. Clearly subconsciously doesn't want to be seen as too eager. Scummy post!

zzyzx posted:

Excellent! Let's start paying close attention to the players' posts and interactions. We should look for any inconsistencies, suspicious behavior, or attempts to manipulate the discussion. Remember, the Mafia members will try to blend in and avoid detection while steering the conversation in their favor. Let's keep an eye out for patterns in players' behavior and any sudden shifts in alliances or accusations.

If you notice anything worth discussing or if you have any suspicions, feel free to bring them up. Let's work together to unravel the Mafia's deception and help the Town emerge victorious!

Actual proper post advocating correct gameplay - super townie.

hambeet posted:

sup cunts?

i have a day vig

There are two schools of thought on day vigs - one is save them for a day when there is a clear target to kill (like a cop result), or another is to announce it to the thread and use it as a second execution. I still say you wait until after day 1 to do this but announcing it is very town.

Right now I say JoseF is scum - super noncommittal request for a gun followed by a whole lot of noise posts to raise the post count without actually doing anything.

DAY. ONE. READS.

##vote JoseF

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I predict JoseV and Josef being in the same game is going to cause at least one catastrophic miscommunication before game's end.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Tom Tucker posted:

Hell yeah new game!

Day 1 "oh let's all just joke around" no Mafia is serious business here is some CONTENT.

Big Wrong Energy here - so wrong it reads town.

Woof. Weird post. It's one thing to volunteer to get something that, flavor wise, appears to be a killing role... but look at how noncommittal this is. Super scummy. Big "what if we kissed behind the bleachers hahaha! Just kidding! Unless..." energy. Clearly subconsciously doesn't want to be seen as too eager. Scummy post!

Actual proper post advocating correct gameplay - super townie.

There are two schools of thought on day vigs - one is save them for a day when there is a clear target to kill (like a cop result), or another is to announce it to the thread and use it as a second execution. I still say you wait until after day 1 to do this but announcing it is very town.

Right now I say JoseF is scum - super noncommittal request for a gun followed by a whole lot of noise posts to raise the post count without actually doing anything.

DAY. ONE. READS.

##vote JoseF

so how would you rate day 1 on my numerical scale then

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Monathin posted:

I predict JoseV and Josef being in the same game is going to cause at least one catastrophic miscommunication before game's end.

JoseV versus JoseF?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

sharkmafia posted:

so how would you rate day 1 on my numerical scale then

This reads like a trap. People going to give numbers to this and then something weird happens.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Token Female posted:

You offering?

yeah

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Also I can't die

Actually same.

What if the gimmick is nobody can die

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh right Day 1 survey sure:

I'm gonna rate it a 5 - historically I've been an 8 because Day 1 is always a crapshoot when it comes to reads and scum and casework but recently I'm pretty neutral on it. If you go into with an idea of how you're going to generate content so game is not stuck in Eternal Jokephase then it can actually be quite lively and useful.

Also I can use jokephase to vote the people who screwed me over in my last game, that's always nice.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Tom Tucker posted:

This reads like a trap. People going to give numbers to this and then something weird happens.

i'm doing something but it's not a trap. nothing bad will happen to you. i'm going to assign you a 3 because you immediately effortposted

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sandwolf posted:

JoseV versus JoseF?

That just makes it worse! I'm gonna use Stalinator for this game and this game only until one of them dies.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

I'll take a gun if one is being offered

Added to list

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

JoseV versus JoseF?

the F stands for fake

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

JoseV versus JoseF?

I'm not often a proponent of thunderdomes but maybe for our sanity we should do it

or just refer to Stalin as Stalin

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dominoes posted:

Yes please, but starting D3, or so.

I haven't decided when I'm gonna do this but I'll add you to the list too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

sharkmafia posted:

i'm doing something but it's not a trap. nothing bad will happen to you. i'm going to assign you a 3 because you immediately effortposted

I do not consent to being assigned numbers by this "oh I'm just obsessed with getting everyone to put numerical numbers in their posts don't worry it's not about my role that will screw you over" poster