Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Trump?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 50.00%
No 1 50.00%
Total: 2 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

this owns so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lmfao hes still got it

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

hell yeah

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

MY President

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

if trump wins he's going to inherit an unpopular war which he won't be able to win or get out of. it will tarnish his legacy. if you truly love the man, as I know you all do, you would vote against him that he shall be remembered throughout history as the benevolent chair of the last golden years of democracy and not the shithead who lost israel and collapsed western empire. nay friends, let joe brandon carry that dubious title

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Voice of Labor posted:

if trump wins he's going to inherit an unpopular war which he won't be able to win or get out of. it will tarnish his legacy. if you truly love the man, as I know you all do, you would vote against him that he shall be remembered throughout history as the benevolent chair of the last golden years of democracy and not the shithead who lost israel and collapsed western empire. nay friends, let joe brandon carry that dubious title

if he wins it will be funny

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you find trumps injury and shame to be funny, heretic?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

probably true

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

simple as

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

you find trumps injury and shame to be funny, heretic?

i think it would be funny if he was sworn in as president while serving time in jail it would cause some powerful tweets

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

"joe biden's carrier group got sunk" will be funnier than "my carrier group got sunk" even if the later is being posted from a prison phone

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sczaho7D2y1z0lvw3.mp4

Only Nixon could go to China, and so on, and so forth.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

yeah nixon didn't do too great in vietnam buddy

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

yeah nixon didn't do too great in vietnam buddy

He got elected because of it (in particular, ratfucking LBJ at the Paris meetings), so I disagree, OP.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

nixon, number one when people think about fondly remembered, undisgraced, winning former presidents

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Trumps going to win the popular vote this time for sure.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

nixon, number one when people think about fondly remembered, undisgraced, winning former presidents

Nixon was persecuted by his political opponents for being too great just like Trump

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

This is ridiculous. I support trump unironically for his political actions, not because I am fond of him on a personal level.

Furthermore, I reject the assertion he will not be able to get out of this war. He is able to do something most politicians cannot and that is make a deal.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Trump understands the laws of historical inevitability.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Weka posted:

This is ridiculous. I support trump unironically for his political actions, not because I am fond of him on a personal level.

Furthermore, I reject the assertion he will not be able to get out of this war. He is able to do something most politicians cannot and that is make a deal.

yup

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

military wives forming a group to get biden reelected

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lpzie posted:

:eyepop:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lpzie posted:

Gulp

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Weka posted:

he's a tool for zionism and the gross christian fundamentalism that props zionism up in america. he can no more make a deal than biden can. there's no compromise that's acceptable to that base

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

he's a tool for zionism and the gross christian fundamentalism that props zionism up in america. he can no more make a deal than biden can. there's no compromise that's acceptable to that base

You can't let perfect be the enemy of good. People are dying and elections have consequences. There is definitely a lesser evil here and if you would stop being selfish for 1 minute you can vote for incremental improvement over the doddering rapist whose lifetime of Zionist zealotry alarms even Israeli war criminals.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

yes, I'm sure the doddering rapist lifetime zionist zealot who the demons in the likud wish were president will certainly be an incremental improvement over the doddering rapist zionist we have now

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I personally only support trump due to my personal fondness for the man

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

rodbeard posted:

Trumps going to win the popular vote this time for sure.

Yup, pretty funny.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

He will build a wall and Hamas will pay for it.

More seriously, Trump, like say Bush 2 and Reagan, is capable of exerting some amount of pressure on Israel in a way that Biden is not. Biden has no motivation to do so because his political project is being carried out and he's more interested in that than popular acclaim. Neither of these things is true for Trump, he is a zionist only for political convenience and because Kushner said it's good.

Lpzie posted:

Joining the movement as Jodie

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Even if this were true, and as Weka points out, it's not, but operating under the assumption that it is, Trump cannot be worse than Biden on this issue. it is not possible to be worse than Biden has demonstrated himself to be. It does not matter with whom he's replaced, the result cannot be worse. Assuming you care about the systematic murdering of children, replacing Biden is the only logical course of action to take.

One can argue that other concerns might supersede underwriting a genocide but I, possessing values and a code of morality which state that intentionally killing people is wrong, cannot support such arguments, you may be built different.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Again, the argument is coming to "Trump will do genocide + 1". And that might even be true, but I want no part of any genocide, and Americans cannot affect this issue without forcing the power structure's hand via mass disruption and organization. Electoralism is not capable of fixing this.

(also if we magically wished a hypothetical "Good President" into office tomorrow, and then actually used the office to stop the genocide, they would be CIAed in five minutes so what the gently caress can you do here)

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

They may both be genocidemaxxing 100%, but one of them is orange and gauche (and actually hasn't done any genocide yet)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I personally only support trump due to my personal fondness for the man

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

biceps crimes posted:

They may both be genocidemaxxing 100%, but one of them is orange and gauche (and actually hasn't done any genocide yet)

there is not a single us president who hasn't done at least a smidgeon of genociding

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

biceps crimes posted:

(and actually hasn't done any genocide yet)

absolutely the definition of moral luck

Weka
May 5, 2019

ClassActionFursuit posted:

a code of morality which state that intentionally killing people is wrong,

Are you eight?

Nichael posted:

(also if we magically wished a hypothetical "Good President" into office tomorrow, and then actually used the office to stop the genocide, they would be CIAed in five minutes so what the gently caress can you do here)

They're not what they once were but I don't think the CIA is so far gone they are keen for this outpost of empire to be run into the ground for such small gains.

Weka
May 5, 2019

absolutely the definition of moral luck

Why are you shilling for Joe Biden in a thread about unironically supporting America's only anti war president in recent history?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Nichael posted:

there is not a single us president who hasn't done at least a smidgeon of genociding

Trump

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Weka posted:

Why are you shilling for Joe Biden in a thread about unironically supporting America's only anti war president in recent history?

thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Weka posted: