Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I still don't know what you're trying to get at here, explain to me like I'm a child because I'm either dumb or you're just flinging stuff at the wall

You claim Sandwolf is both fighting to survive but also being apathetic.

You vote saying you don't want a no lunch, then turn around and throw out an OMGUS vote on me.

If you can't see how these are similar attitudes then idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. Humalong posted:

And selective omission! Outstanding!

You asked one single question about Kash and provided no context to why you asked about it in any response. Did you think he omitted Kash because him and Kash are scum partners? There's no reason to even bring that up, literally only as a "lol I actually DID bring up Kash in that I asked a question about him!" way instead of there being a legit thing that I missed..

Secondly, I'm on record in saying the lurker callout thing by Sandwolf was dumb anyway, so I don't even care who he omitted or included in there because it was so early.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Eating dinner brb

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

You asked one single question about Kash and provided no context to why you asked about it in any response. Did you think he omitted Kash because him and Kash are scum partners? There's no reason to even bring that up, literally only as a "lol I actually DID bring up Kash in that I asked a question about him!" way instead of there being a legit thing that I missed..

Secondly, I'm on record in saying the lurker callout thing by Sandwolf was dumb anyway, so I don't even care who he omitted or included in there because it was so early.

Oh ok so you get to decide what is and isn't legit?

this entire response from you is extremely defensive, just admit you cast a shrug vote dude

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The only thing worse is Kash jumping from Sand to me when he thinks momentum is changing.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. Humalong posted:

You claim Sandwolf is both fighting to survive but also being apathetic.

You vote saying you don't want a no lunch, then turn around and throw out an OMGUS vote on me.

If you can't see how these are similar attitudes then idk

My post was giving reasoning as to why people would lean towards Sandwolf in a deadline that even though is two hours away, needs a majority vote and had some people needing to actually put votes down on players that weren't the 3 top vote leaders at the time. I never said my Sandwolf vote was staying where it was, but again, I said I would vote anybody to avoid a no lunch.

My vote on you isn't OMGUS compared to your response to me. I thought your initial thing that I replied to was more aimed at Kash than me anyway (although I'm sure I was grouped in it), I just wanted to explain it to you and thought your post was really bad.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

this entire response from you is extremely defensive, just admit you cast a shrug vote dude

Your tone sounds way more defensive dude

##vote Hum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##unvote

I'm here and reading. Fell asleep drunk last night :v:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Multiple people have voted and won't be around for deadline.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

With your vote on Hum he'd b pretty much tied or 1 less than anybody else, don't see why a Hum lynch couldn't happen.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

My post was giving reasoning as to why people would lean towards Sandwolf in a deadline that even though is two hours away, needs a majority vote and had some people needing to actually put votes down on players that weren't the 3 top vote leaders at the time. I never said my Sandwolf vote was staying where it was, but again, I said I would vote anybody to avoid a no lunch.

My vote on you isn't OMGUS compared to your response to me. I thought your initial thing that I replied to was more aimed at Kash than me anyway (although I'm sure I was grouped in it), I just wanted to explain it to you and thought your post was really bad.

:thunk:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Your tone sounds way more defensive dude

##vote Hum

yeah I can't imagine why I would be defensive about this dude trying to cause a no lunch

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

yeah I can't imagine why I would be defensive about this dude trying to cause a no lunch

He's not trying to cause a no lunch mate he's trying to lunch you, key difference there hey

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

He's not trying to cause a no lunch mate he's trying to lunch you, key difference there hey

Ah yes after multiple posts never mentioning me (but mentioning several other players) he's miraculously decided I should be the lunch for today

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. Humalong posted:

I mean you can hold a public vote right now and ask if you questioning Sandwolf early on in the game why he omitted Kash while providing no context or mentioning him after that is a legit criticism on Kash, enough so that you provide 3-4 smaller reads on other players and then vote Kash out of nowhere again. I'll humbly apologize if I'm wrongly de-legitimizing it .

Mr. Humalong posted:

I already gave my response about toal which was it being a weak case, feel null on Kash (which I also provided a read on), and said I didn't like Sandwolf's lurker call out and claim but still didn't like any 3 candidates being the top 3 choices. Of course I will vote the guy with more checks against them because my case on RF was not going anywhere.

You trying to make me look bad in this only makes sense if I said I wasn't going to move from Sandwolf.

Luckily, you came around with some sus poo poo and suddenly there is a candidate that I would like to push more than leaving a vote on Sandwolf, amazing how mafia works!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

The only thing worse is Kash jumping from Sand to me when he thinks momentum is changing.

I actually unvoted for a bit, putting myself in a tie with the vote leader, and then swapped to you. don't make a fake narrative

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Or it's like Hum wanted me to push my RF case like I'm pushing him or something and thinks it's hypocritical I didn't? That's the vibe I'm getting. I literally said all I had to say about RF but it had no traction today and RF isn't really acknowledging it either or actively responding (which doesn't make me feel great) which makes the traction harder as well. I switched to Sandwolf after only having vote support from Hal without anybody else really commenting on RF too much (I think a few people started to in the last few pages).

It just so happened the tone and timing of your post just seemed out of place as well as your history which I had ignored and went back to check because I was looking at other people. You became really defensive out of nowhere, and I'm the first to admit my playstyle is hella defensive which was discussed earlier with the Yami back and forth.

AND EVEN WITH ALL OF THIS, I would hop back a Sandwolf vote to avoid a no lunch because he checks off more boxes than the other people with votes on them. Shrug.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Who’s here? Hum, DBD, Inf, Bif, Kash, Moat?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I like Sandy better, but would vote hum if it comes to it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Yup still here

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I am passively reading while D&Ding.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm here and I'm trying to process.

Still don't like Sandwolf's claim. Don't like Hum's defensiveness. Don't like Kash's reasoning on mark roles. I'd be fine lunching any of the three but it looks like it'll come down to either Sandwolf or Hum.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i'm here i'm just lost

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I'm reading and making a big catch-up post.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

I'd be fine lunching any of the three but it looks like it'll come down to either Sandwolf or Hum.

Disingenuous.

Moat is at 3 along with Hum.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'll be around but I pretty much have all my thoughts out, my fingers hurt!!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Disingenuous.

Moat is at 3 along with Hum.

To clarify: Of the three I mentioned, it looks like it'll come down to either Sandwolf or Hum.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Sandwolf (4): Retro Futurist, ilmucche, Retro Futurist, ilmucche, Yami Fenrir, CirclMastr, Moatillata, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno
Mr. Humalong (3): Moatillata, Toalpaz, Moatillata, Grandicap, Toalpaz, Grandicap, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Bifauxnen
Moatillata (3): CirclMastr, CirclMastr, Sandwolf, dmboogie, ilmucche
Kashuno (2): Infinitum, Bifauxnen, dmboogie, dmboogie, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, Bifauxnen, Infinitum
dmboogie (1): Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Kashuno, Kashuno
Toalpaz (1): Moatillata, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Moatillata, Grandicap, ilmucche, ilmucche
Grandicap (0): ilmucche, ilmucche
Bifauxnen (0): Yami Fenrir, Kashuno, Kashuno, Yami Fenrir
Infinitum (0): Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Kashuno
Retro Futurist (0): Toalpaz, Deadbeat Dad, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza, Deadbeat Dad, Hal Incandenza
CirclMastr (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Grandicap
Hal Incandenza (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
ilmucche (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Deadbeat Dad (0): Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza
Yami Fenrir (0): Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (1): Infinitum

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2020 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 1 minute.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

rn sand is giving me heavy vibes from the other times ive played with him as town when he had a sizable lunch train on him but i dont think ive ever played with scum sand so not sure how much that matters...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote Humalong

Still typing post, but this is where I am currently.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unlikely to vote a claimed protective role D1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hey I've caught up

dmboogie posted:

hey infininitum do you have any opinions on literally anything

My opinion is that I work long hours, then come home and play video games, and often can't commit as much time to mafia as I previously have in the past.

---------------------------------------

Yami Fenrir posted:

Because I am Stacey. My role PM makes mention of a sort of doppleganger and, well... I thought that circl was the second stacey. The reason I thought that was because...

##mark dmboogie

Dopplegangers are always good and inherently trustworthy. :thunk:

Would be worth looking closer at the Circl + Yami 'pair' later.

Tonally I don't like this after joke phase has well and truly ended.

That said I can't recall playing with boogie previously, so don't know what their general play style is like.

--------------------------------------

Toalpaz posted:

really feel like this case was rehearsed in scumchat multiple times.

I really don't like this though. There's usually very little collusion in scumdocs, as most players prefer to do their own thing.

Alleging that players are using specific keyword phrases strikes me as somebody trying to manufacture discontent rather than actually analysing the content.

"Hmmm but you don't know guys" isn't a read, and trying to nudge players towards a conclusion.

Would vote Toalpaz as scum.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Out of the current crop I feel ##vote RF

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha oh come on

Hal immediately agreeing with Toalpaz, then immediately distancing themselves from them.

RF wasn't on anybodies radar at this point in the day, so it's a weird timing push.

For the record:

-----------------------------------------

Sandwolf posted:

I’m a bodyguard, it’s not the most protective role so you’re not losing too much, but like!!

Not sure what to make of this claim. As it feels like one step away from just claiming doc, and wanting to hedge their bets and be a bit 'safer' with the claim.

Admittedly that's :thunk: level analysis, and I'd probably err on not lynching a claimed protective role D1 (Until someone can check on them)

----------------------------------------

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote Sandwolf

I see what people are saying about Sandwolf upon re-read, but still don't think it's the strongest case. Lurker callout stuff was the weakest thing I saw, and I actually think his claim is pretty weak too. "I’m a bodyguard, it’s not the most protective role so you’re not losing too much!" -- I mean, if you are indeed town, losing a protective role sucks regardless. Seems like you're half resigned to being voted out but also kind of fighting not to be?

There's obviously nothing verifiable from it either, especially if he doesn't know when it's been used. Eh.

This is lovely reasoning talking themselves into a vote on Sandwolf.

"Yeah if you're town and we'd lose a protective roll that'd suck, still.. gonna vote you cause I didn't like the way you're defending yourself"

Do Not Like This Post©.

Kashuno posted:

##vote sandwolf

THIS post sucks even harder.

-----------------------------------

Not liking the whole slapfight on page 14 with Humalong at the middle
(Rather than quoting the whole thing)

Thinking Hum comes off looking worse.

Mr. Humalong posted:

"don't want to cause a no lunch"

*throws out a fee fees hurt vote*

This is probably the stand out post for me. It's crappy name calling lattttttte in the game.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm back and now fat and sassy

I would like to see hum or sandwolf die

Prefer sandwolf at this point but will switch to hum to avoid a NL

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Humalong is the correct vote.

I would vote Sandwolf to avoid a no-lynch, but would prefer we don't lynch a claimed protective role D1.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Moatillata posted:

I'm back and now fat and sassy

I would like to see hum or sandwolf die

Prefer sandwolf at this point but will switch to hum to avoid a NL

Dude this is pretty much all Moat has posted all day long, why does no one care? Is he jus getting a pass for it? Like I’d disagree with that but everyone just seems to be ignoring them for no loving reason!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Humalong is the correct vote.

I would vote Sandwolf to avoid a no-lynch, but would prefer we don't lynch a claimed protective role D1.

I'm under the impression He's not a bodyguard he's 1 shot BP lemme recheck

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Realistically I'd like to vote off Toalpaz, but it is very much too late in the day for that to happen.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Sandwolf posted:

Dude this is pretty much all Moat has posted all day long, why does no one care? Is he jus getting a pass for it? Like I’d disagree with that but everyone just seems to be ignoring them for no loving reason!

This is all I post all the time

24/7

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

50min until deadline.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Moatillata posted:

I'm under the impression He's not a bodyguard he's 1 shot BP lemme recheck

I am bodyguard with a 1shot BP

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Sandwolf posted:

Since you're here what's your flavor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Moatillata posted:

This is all I post all the time

24/7

Flagrant, come on