Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Keanu is delivering the patch to video game HQ, but is driving the SF1000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Turin Turambar posted:

I haven't seen that? It seems Ultra is the max.

I mean, once you deactivate DLSS and select max RTX (which is separate to the other settings) and 4k, then yes, the RTX 3090 gets hosed :D :D

They mentioned Psycho Mode but that might just be for some individual settings rather than overall presets. :iiam:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Gyshall posted:

I'm on the east coast in the US, when can I unlock this?

What platform?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Heavy Metal posted:

On crowd density and stuff, I don't mind. I'm getting it on a launch PS4, so I'll be happy with low settings type stuff. Also I was just playing GTA3 recently, and I even still find that city fun and immersive.

Street Kids oh yes! The 22% who are keeping it strictly street. And let's listen to that synthwave guy Street Cleaner.
You will obtain the moral victory when my 970 explodes and takes us both to cyber hell together.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BexGu posted:

List is pretty good for best graphics card you can actually go to a store and buy.

Please don't buy this early access game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNgPtzTpgM

This hasnt been my experience at all on Xbox Series X. All of the buggy footage I am seeing elsewhere has been entirely on PlayStation, and before the Day 1 update.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gyshall posted:

I'm on the east coast in the US, when can I unlock this?

7pm on PC, midnight on a console.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Not going to lie about, I am full on hype.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Popete posted:

You should be, game loving owns. CDPR came through.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I'm going to comedy benchmark this on my PC i-3500k and 1050 TI. I'll be shocked if it even boots and can get 10 fps on low.

If anyone wants a laugh later let me know and I'll try and take some screen caps.

I was impressed to get a random NPC T-posing when going to the first location. I never usually get bugs like that.

I would love to see this. I have an i5 3470 (set to run at 3.4ghz constantly, instead of 3.2ghz, which is the most overclocking I can manage with it,) and a 1050ti. My standards for FPS and graphics quality is low, but I've never actually played something where I'm below the minimum specs.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

7 hours

work suuuucks

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

The crowd density is a sticking point because they wowed people with the 2018 gameplay vid that showed this:

and everyone was saying "wow finally a open world city game with realistic crowds!"

and in the later videos and trailers the amount lowered by 3 or 4 times.

Hitman crowds or bust :colbert:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Popete posted:

So am I. I have ignored this game for years, but today I watched some screenshots, now shroud streaming. I didn't even realize what the game was all about until today!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Rinkles posted:

what platform you on?

:five:

Stupid Decisions
Nov 10, 2009
Slippery Tilde

Zaphod42 posted:

I was getting like 50MB/s from GOG yesterday so I think they're just getting slammed now

My mistake here. Seems at some point in the past I limited my GOG download speed. Should have checked this when preloading....

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
lol just lol if you didn't quit your job last week with a new one lined up next week to get some quality video gaming in. My only regret is the kegerator has not yet arrived as well.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
To be honest the buggieness so far looks very on par for like every Actually Good FPS-RPG I ever played on day 1. Lookin' at you, New Vegas.

(Plus a bunch of lovely ones by Bethesda that I still played a lot anyway lol)

I don't like bad poo poo happening in my games any more than anybody else, but if the underlying game is good then gently caress it, I'm down for the jank-ness :black101:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

fuf posted:

T-pose is man's natural state, everything else is a deviation

Well, according to the Vitruvian man, it's T-posed with 4 arms, 4 legs, and a bush you could lose a squirrel in

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Turin Turambar posted:

The crowd density is a sticking point because they wowed people with the 2018 gameplay vid that showed this:

and everyone was saying "wow finally a open world city game with realistic crowds!"

and in the later videos and trailers the amount lowered by 3 or 4 times.

they should have just made this game using the hitman engine

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Reynold posted:

lol just lol if you didn't quit your job last week with a new one lined up next week to get some quality video gaming in. My only regret is the kegerator has not yet arrived as well.

just lol if you decided to line up a new job

play cyberpunk 2077 until 2077, then just live in it

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

ErrEff posted:

I think the person behind this YT account might have some issues.

Their entire upload history is nothing but this kind of stuff. And they've been posing with a fake PS4 copy of Cyberpunk for months saying the same stuff over and over again. Wow.

Yeah, oh my god what in the gently caress is wrong with that channel. It's like the doomposting we've seen but multiplied by an astronomical amount. There's not a single positive or even lukewarm video in that channel. I guess the guy plays the algorithm by courting the pissbaby pessimism gamer crowd? I don't know if it's that or the guy is just straight mentally ill.

Jesus.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mrenda posted:

I would love to see this. I have an i5 3470 (set to run at 3.4ghz constantly, instead of 3.2ghz, which is the most overclocking I can manage with it,) and a 1050ti. My standards for FPS and graphics quality is low, but I've never actually played something where I'm below the minimum specs.

Oh that's how I used to play all the time. It's probably why 60FPS still seems like space magic to me. :lol:

It would be funny if it's on par with the PS4/XboxOne. Once it unlocks I'll get some screen caps.

ZeeBoi posted:

Apparently the 101 GB preload already includes the day one patch (1.02).

Hmm, interestingly this is the version that appears on the Series X pause menu.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My experience with Cyberpunk so far, is that the day 1 patch is that mythical unicorn patch that we all talk about never existing. The one that we hope will fix all of the issues but never does, this is really that patch.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Washin Tong posted:

Yeah, oh my god what in the gently caress is wrong with that channel. It's like the doomposting we've seen but multiplied by an astronomical amount. There's not a single positive or even lukewarm video in that channel. I guess the guy plays the algorithm by courting the pissbaby pessimism gamer crowd? I don't know if it's that or the guy is just straight mentally ill.

Jesus.

well, that's $114 right there, going off $3 per 1k views...

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
jesus christ how big is the day 1 patch i already freed up 50 gigs and gog still is complaining about space for the update

i already preloaded a few days ago

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Is there going to be a fat patch for PC on launch or is it baked in already?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Honestly it still looks nicely then a Bethesda bug. It's still :lol:, but nice looking :lol:.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love that they added in-game mistakes like that. the person or program operating that sign really screwed up

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Digital Foundry just uploaded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMs1Wdi7OcI

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GOG is downloading a 10GB update for me right now.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Stupid Decisions posted:

Is your download speed unusually slow? I'm only getting 1.6MB/s when I should get 10x that.

Was the same for the preload.

Not that I noticed, might have gotten in early though.

Stupid Decisions
Nov 10, 2009
Slippery Tilde

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Is there going to be a fat patch for PC on launch or is it baked in already?

Patch is downloading now on GOG. 9.7GB

You can tell GOG to check for updates on the game if it doesn't start on its own.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

My experience with Cyberpunk so far, is that the day 1 patch is that mythical unicorn patch that we all talk about never existing. The one that we hope will fix all of the issues but never does, this is really that patch.

I mean, not to get too much hopes up, but people like Jeff Gerstmann mentioned serious crash to desktop issues and we've had people like Madqueen streaming for hours now and it seems pretty stable.

As long as we don't get CTD'd I can live with some dropped frames or the occasional t-pose no problemo. And there'll be more patches at some point.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

sean10mm posted:

I've been banging the drum that Ultra is gently caress YOUR $3,000 PC HARDWARE LMAO mode and not something to expect from even good current cards.

And apparently they even have a quality level above Ultra to just make RT 3090s run at 10 FPS for the lols
Dude, just get a MSI GP65 Leopard for $1500 like I did (that or a MSI GE66 Dragonshield for $1700 if you want 1TB SSD) and you'll be golden.

(I also got a $250 2TB SSD, but I had to manually swap it in and ghost image the existing Hard Drive and OS, which took all day)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

LifeSunDeath posted:

they should have just made this game using the hitman engine

People keep saying this and forgetting that hitman levels are self-contained sandboxes. If hitman went open-world with a huge city they wouldn’t do those crowds.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Obviously this is a future cybermeme we just don't understand yet. Their poo poo posting is augmented.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
EDIT: moving to the new page for visibility.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 9, 2020

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Stupid Decisions posted:

Patch is downloading now on GOG. 9.7GB

You can tell GOG to check for updates on the game if it doesn't start on its own.

Hmmm I've got it on steam so I guess we'll see. 10GB isn't too bad though.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Honestly it still looks nicely then a Bethesda bug. It's still :lol:, but nice looking :lol:.

people at the sign factory were on cybercrunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ZeeBoi posted:

People keep saying this and forgetting that hitman levels are self-contained sandboxes. If hitman went open-world with a huge city they wouldn’t do those crowds.

exactly, they shouldn't have done open world.