Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
I'd like to hear plague doctor predictions from people who haven't seen what it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I loved all of that. :laugh:

The amount of suspense build up for us for what Plague Doctor is going to turn in to is probably a bit more intense since this is more spaced out in LP form, I wouldn't be surprised if you could just slam enough Agents in to it to get it to pop way sooner if you were playing it yourself.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

MinutePirateBug posted:

I'd like to hear plague doctor predictions from people who haven't seen what it does.

Obvious guess: his managerial tip 5 says "Those who have been kissed by Plague Doctor shall be reborn as the blessed." So I think when his clock is full up, he'll instant kill everyone on the clock. Even odds of them turning into angels and vanishing or turning into angels and trying to kill everyone in the facility. No idea what he would do after that, though. I guess he'd just reset back to empty clock, so he remains a really delayed annoying abnormality who eventually, over many days, kills a number of your agents when his swapping/meltdowns eventually get you to work him enough times.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Everything Binah says makes no sense and only puts a bigger sense of dread into me because her dumb metaphors are just decipherable enough to leave you with a horrible sinking feeling but nowhere near enough to actually let you truly understand what she’s saying
Also the Plague Doctor changes are making it look flatout angelic, which is either a good sign for the clock or the absolute worst possible sign for the clock.
Will there be a BCP segment for Plague Doctor, because if the answer is “yes” I am going to be stuck in a permanent state of :f5: to see how bad the clock ends up being.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I'm going to guess that the disease Plague Doctor is trying to cure is free will, and upon smooching the 12th agent they'll all become his thralls, they attempt to kill everyone, and they they all just gently caress off out of the facility forever. It's always seemed like Plague Doctor is less locked up and more is there of his own choice, because it gives him access to agents to 'cure'.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

MinutePirateBug posted:

Considering that the clock countdown can't be dodged via resetting I wanna say what happens isn't irreversible, e.g. the agents turn into temporary abnos and you have to smack them around to return them to normal.

...Then again, :lobcorp:. So, everyone on the clock could just keel over and die. But, TeeQueue wouldn't just let some of their best agents to croak like that, right?

:gibs:

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009
All the agents turn into Ones Sin

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Captainicus posted:

Obvious guess: his managerial tip 5 says "Those who have been kissed by Plague Doctor shall be reborn as the blessed." So I think when his clock is full up, he'll instant kill everyone on the clock. Even odds of them turning into angels and vanishing or turning into angels and trying to kill everyone in the facility. No idea what he would do after that, though. I guess he'd just reset back to empty clock, so he remains a really delayed annoying abnormality who eventually, over many days, kills a number of your agents when his swapping/meltdowns eventually get you to work him enough times.

Actually, piggybacking off of this, except with one twist hinted at by Talow and which would explain why he is still ZAYIN even though he permanently removes your agents - this can only happen once per game; after the time of reunion where he turns all his chosen into angels, he disappears from the facility and will not show up in the Well again.

e: Hmm, refining this a bit - the reunion blessing either makes agents unavailable only if you don't reset the day after it's complete or only as long as you don't memory repository back to a day before the blessing happened. TeeQueue isn't worried about this because the removal of agents isn't permanent if you just use the given tools and the doctor will go away for good afterwards.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 18, 2021

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It makes me sad that you're getting a bunch of ALEPH level gifts that you can't keep due to the repository reset.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Gifts are a subtle cruelty. If you are... less good at the game. And do a suppression or a mission in a way that makes you repository reset, suddenly you can't recognize half your agents.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MinutePirateBug posted:

Given the whole Jesus-and-apostles connection in his quotes... I'm guessing he summons a Roman legion.

No matter what I guess I'm going to be way off, so I should at least be entertainingly off. The only abno I even had an idea of the breach procedures for before seeing it spelled out was Mountain of Smiling Bodies.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Maybe if we bench all of the blessed people on the day we get the twelfth one they won't die or ascend or go insane or whatever horrible thing will no doubt happen.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Whooos

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the Orb of Zot posted:

Everything Binah says makes no sense and only puts a bigger sense of dread into me because her dumb metaphors are just decipherable enough to leave you with a horrible sinking feeling but nowhere near enough to actually let you truly understand what she’s saying

If Binah was born into a different setting she would have 100% been a theater kid.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Since I already know what the Plague Doctor does, I won't be speculating on what he does. What I will ruminate on instead is that as far as I can remember, X has never directly interacted with any abnormalities. He's had chats with the Sephirah and employees, but never an abnormality.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Boksi posted:

Since I already know what the Plague Doctor does, I won't be speculating on what he does. What I will ruminate on instead is that as far as I can remember, X has never directly interacted with any abnormalities. He's had chats with the Sephirah and employees, but never an abnormality.

That would be against managerial guidelines.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Actual speculation: Hokma's suppression will involve him (temporarily) resetting every agent in the facility back to baseline. Binah's I still have no clue for, though. We already had the one that made abnos in meltdown-immune sectors melt down again.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Dareon posted:

Given the whole Jesus-and-apostles connection in his quotes... I'm guessing he summons a Roman legion.

With the twelfth being Judas in this interpretation, I really, really hope that Paul ends up being the last apostle.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
A Paul cameo would be excellent and now I hope it will be a thing.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
Given what happens to Jesus and His disciples this definitely implies Bad Things.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Dirk the Average posted:

With the twelfth being Judas in this interpretation, I really, really hope that Paul ends up being the last apostle.

Nah Paul would be the first dude to work with Plague Doctor after the clock has fully ticked, clearly.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Rather than the boring instakill guess, I decided to get a little creative.

My guess for plague doctor is based on Judas being a thing. One of the disciples will turn into a monster and rampage around trying to kill the other disciples and then the plague doctor. For each disciple killed, the Judas gets stronger. When the Judas kills the plague doctor, it returns to its cell unable to be worked and the Judas disappears. Three game days later plague doctor is back, but every new disciple has a chance of summoning the Judas. Repeat cycles add more Judases.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am going to be mad if being blessed breaks my awesome visor. Everyone becomes Brian Blessed and yells when they talk. The noise causes people to explode.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I don't really have much input other than man I hope it doesn't murder all of us cause that'd be kinda anticlimatic and boring. Yes, have a ZAYIN level Parasite Tree that murders twelve of your Agents that you ultimately have no ability to stop from visiting it and getting blessed.

I know some of the Abnos can be absolute dicks but man that would be really terrible design.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am 99% sure that there's no abnos that you can't do anything about.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Given the mention of the planned use of the Memory Repository, I suspect part of the solution to the problem will involve going the X going "lol no... gently caress this poo poo we are going back a week."

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

cokerpilot posted:

Given the mention of the planned use of the Memory Repository, I suspect part of the solution to the problem will involve going the X going "lol no... gently caress this poo poo we are going back a week."

My thoughts exactly

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Acerbatus posted:

I am 99% sure that there's no abnos that you can't do anything about.

At the very least you can use disposable 1 LOB agents to soak up all the blessings from Meltdowns. And hope that you don't hit Second Trumpet.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Captainicus posted:

This was my previous guess, with Plague Doctor rapturing out of the facility and back to the abnormality pool as well... but, as Evil Kit said, that just makes him a worse and more annoying Parasite Tree. I can't see TQ declining TRAIN and then picking up that, and I can't see him adding an infinite rerolls mod to get it, or spending this much time on writing fluff for what would easily be the most obnoxious abnormality in the game.

It has to be something more. Whatever fuckery happens at midnight, there must be some sort of upside to it. I don't think the designers are quite sadistic enough to create an abnormality that functions as a ticking atomic bomb which totally fucks your ability to progress further once it inevitably goes off. Maybe Doc raptures out your employees or does a boss fight, but then transforms into an actually useful & awesome tool abnormality? Or gives those left behind the matching wing to Apocalypse Bird's? But if that's the case, it must be pretty brutal given the people saying he forced them to do a Day 1 reset.

Whatever it is, it's not the key to the endgame either, since players could miss it entirely in a run.

I will say that I'm curious what happens to the Blessed if they aren't working the day that Midnight hits.

cokerpilot posted:

But we've already passed a repository day, haven't we? If the repository only lets you rewind to the last checkpoint, the only way to get rid of Doc would be a Day 1 reset, and I can't see TQ doing that playing all the way down to Atziluth again to do the other Atziluth suppression.

Also, when I asked earlier, TQ said that resets and repository don't take names off the clock, so rolling back will only delay whatever happens. I suspect that the only way to get rid of Doc is a Day 1 reset, and the only way to take names off the clock is to do the total reset that wipes out your research and ego gifts.

My guess is, he solves it with the Backwards Clock. That Chekhov's gun has been sitting on the mantlepiece for far too long.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 19, 2021

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

2 different thoughts:

they all go together, if one dies, they all die.

Apocalypse: All the other agents gets benched, all the anomalies breach, and Plague doctor is a angel leading the 12 in suppressing the abnormalities.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Gonna reiterate my edited idea that just as memory repository has no effect on turning back the clock, once the reunion happens it won't cause the clock or the doctor to come back either, even though our agents will come back.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I don't think they would make it that hard to prevent, but that easy to escape the consequences of.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Abnormality Roundup 10

So I'm gonna be frank here: We're going to have to deal with some problems here in the near future. The last two Core Suppressions are easily the hardest in the game, and they throw some curveballs at us that are problematic to handle. Luckily, our facility is equal to the challenge. At this point, I have almost all of my favorite E.G.O gear ready to go-there's only a couple of extra things I'd want to flesh out the collection. Gebura's suppression has done wonders for our gear loadout, and I'm at the point where I'm considering adding in more Agents for endgame. We probably won't need a whole army of 55, but it might be good to have the option available. I'll see where our LOB is at in a few days.

Anyways, we're going to have to face Hokma and Binah and we're probably going to kick the snot out of them. Make sure to save this quote for later so that everyone can make fun of me when my retry count goes up to 16 or 20 or whatever.

Plague Doctor

Plague Doctor has solid middle-of-the-road success rates across the board, and even Instinct is a 40% everywhere. Being a ZAYIN and having no gear makes it pointless for training or farming, so we should only take it if we're really interested in seeing what comes after midnight, or if we really want the E.G.O gift.

The King of Greed

Maybe it's just because I usually think the yellow magical girl is the best on the team, but I honestly really like King of Greed. She's temperamental, but her low breach conditions make her easy to let out when you need her, and her ability to clean corpses and remove hallway threats is worthwhile. The main downside is that she'll breach when we don't want her to as well-and it can be a pain to track her down since she teleports all over the place. Her weapon is the second-most damaging in the game, and given that the #1 is Twilight, that's not a bad place to be-and her suit isn't terrible either. In addition to that she's one of the best Instinct trainers in the game, and her E.G.O gift is one which boosts Instinct success rates, and is on a slot which is only used by 1 other Abnormality at all.

There's very few reasons not to take her at least once and see if she suits your playstyle. In the worst case scenario, she'll provide some powerful gear for later on.

CENSORED

Counterintuitively, CENSORED is amazing at training any Agent that's hit Level 5 but is lacking in Prudence. Since the Smile and Adoration suits both require Temperance, it's simple to put them into one of them and reap the rewards of a huge damage modifier from an ALEPH with a relatively safe work-after including the observation bonus a level 3 Prudence Agent will have a base 76% work rate, and with 100 Temperance that becomes a 95% success rate. It can be a problem if it breaches, but this shouldn't happen so long as we aren't completely careless. Its E.G.O weapon is an amazing defensive tool, as its 40% reduction in damage taken applies to any source of damage-including fear. This means any Agent with it in hand will run into no problems with any work they have to do that day, since a 40% refund on the damage they take will keep things manageable against all but the absolute worst types of work.

Worth grabbing just for the weapon alone, but it's easy to suppress for Gebura's mission and a good trainer besides. I'm almost sad it won't be coming to endgame with us.

Notes from a Crazed Researcher

+20 to Temperance, and the Agent instantly explodes if they take 60+ damage, or if they put it back without working anything.

I don't really know what to say about this one. It's boring, and the explosion effect makes it the bad kind of boring where we can't even equip it and forget it like Heart or Behavior Adjustment. The +4% success rate is nice, and it's possible to reset the damage counter by returning it after each work… but that's a lot of micromanagement for very minimal gains. There are worse tools, I guess. :effort:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 6, 2021

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...

MinutePirateBug posted:

Since I already know what happens at Midnight, all I'm going to say is: I'm so ready to see that can opened.

Personally, I'm more curious to learn the strategy to breaking the good Doctor TeeQueue has in mind.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I trust the plague doctor is a good person and will never hurt anyone so at midnight he throws a big party and everyone is happy :)

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Slaan posted:

I trust the plague doctor is a good person and will never hurt anyone so at midnight he throws a big party and everyone is happy :)

Me too! I think it just wins the day as everyone has a good and not bad time.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Bring it in, guys! *every Abnormality from every level of the facility brings in everything for a HUGE party*

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
I’m still half expecting Plague Doctor’s giant clock to be an anticlimax just to mess with everyone expecting something worse, but I am starting to worry that it might actually be a genuine problem and that everyone showing worry about it isn’t just lying to mess with the less knowledgeable. I assume it can’t be that bad or some of the less fortunate employees being called in by the Doctor would be coming down with a bad case of Execution Bullet.

Also just realized that Binah confirmed that Plague Doctor arrived through the “Well”, implying that whatever the hell the Well is, it is at the very least a source of abnormalities (tying in with what Angela said earlier that at the very least some of the abnormalities in the facility aren’t “natural”), the “Water” in the river and bucket metaphor is the abnormalities being dragged into reality, and that, well, it arrived on its own as per the story log for it (the “Water” drew itself up, rather than Binah drawing it up like apparently is the norm). Still no idea how abnormalities with explicitly stated origins like All-Around Helper, the Shelter, or the Birds, or the really out there cosmic horror things like Blue Star or CENSORED got brought into the facility, but presumably that’s the “normal” job of Extraction to capture those things from outside and force them into containment in the facility.

Oh, and somehow the game is going to one-up the absolute absurdity of the Red Mist in a core suppression, because of course the robot/cyborg murder machine so horrifyingly dangerous it could probably kill Apocalypse Bird by itself wasn’t the hardest one. :lobcorp:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I assume that it’s Persona/Warehouse 13 rules - anything with sufficient pull in the human collective unconscious can coalesce as an abnormality. So, collective traumas, strong feelings, myths, fairy tales and more.

LobCorp merely found a means of reliably inducing manifestation. All of them are real and genuine, as much as there terms apply, some just manifested without help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Lunar Suite posted:

I assume that it’s Persona/Warehouse 13 rules - anything with sufficient pull in the human collective unconscious can coalesce as an abnormality. So, collective traumas, strong feelings, myths, fairy tales and more.

LobCorp merely found a means of reliably inducing manifestation. All of them are real and genuine, as much as there terms apply, some just manifested without help.

Yeah, I’ve said it a few times but this is the version I believe in, which importantly Persona has cases where the villain was not born of the subconscious of humanity but merely accessed it. Which could be the case for some Abnormalities like Blue Star, or The Birds.