Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Rutibex posted:

you are who you eat

Who did Bruce Jenner eat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

trump won the popular vote

Up = Down

Win = Lose?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I had hoped to avoid seeing another western nation scoring an own goal during their elections and France has gone and let me down. Le Pen may not win, but the guy she's running against is a "business-friendly" neolib who will just double down on the same terrible ideas that have inspired the popular anger driving all the reactionary trends we've been seeing recently. so just be patient, France will see no positive change and next time the Nazis will probably take home the trophy.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Fog Tripper posted:

Do tell. What makes it funny?

Because you live in an entire country made up of the descendants of people who abandoned their lovely homelands?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
what if the French army shot at the boats crossing and put barbed wire and fire everywhere and shot anybody who crossed them ? Hasn't France thought of that ?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Piss de Bundy posted:

what if the French army shot at the boats crossing and put barbed wire and fire everywhere and shot anybody who crossed them ? Hasn't France thought of that ?

Just hire Greece to do it because they are Europe's paupers.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Because you live in an entire country made up of the descendants of people who abandoned their lovely homelands?

Yeah and look how well it turned out for the natives

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Why are people ITT saying this is France embracing nationalism when the results confirmed the opposite. Le Pen was widely expected to make it to the second round since last year and Macron did better than expected and is going to get Fillon's votes in the runoff. It would have been news if their Jill Stein advanced along with Le Pen.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Or if their Clinton had advanced but they just eliminated their Clinton.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

emoji posted:

Why are people ITT saying this is France embracing nationalism when the results confirmed the opposite. Le Pen was widely expected to make it to the second round since last year and Macron did better than expected and is going to get Fillon's votes in the runoff. It would have been news if their Jill Stein advanced along with Le Pen.

everyone said Brexit and Trump are impossible, so i won't believe such predictions any more.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

emoji posted:

Or if their Clinton had advanced but they just eliminated their Clinton.

I thought banker candidate projected to win was their Clinton?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Rutibex posted:

everyone said Brexit and Trump are impossible, so i won't believe such predictions any more.

I get that but British people are retarded and Trump is not nearly as radical as people like to say he is - not even close to Le Pen. It's not like French people just stopped carrying baguettes under their arms, there's probably a ~25% floor of hardcore nationalists in every country on earth.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Toadvine posted:

I thought banker candidate projected to win was their Clinton?

He's more like their Musk imo. Fillon was their Clinton.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do we have any :frogbon:s on the forums? I thought we had like, 3, and that was years ago.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
no french hitler this time, but, probably next time. whos next to fall in europe? dutch hitler was taken down. . .

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

emoji posted:

I get that but British people are retarded and Trump is not nearly as radical as people like to say he is - not even close to Le Pen. It's not like French people just stopped carrying baguettes under their arms, there's probably a ~25% floor of hardcore nationalists in every country on earth.

says a bunch of polls taken by grandma's on their land line telephone, which are then manipulated by power interests that want to create a narrative of inevitability. I'll wait for the election results thanks

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

UltraRed posted:

Do we have any :frogbon:s on the forums? I thought we had like, 3, and that was years ago.

My grandmother is from France if that counts

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
imo french culture owns and so does french music but..the food...ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
More importantly when Macron gets in will he reinstate Hadopi Law and make lovely orange internet even shittier?

Please don't make sharia law jokes about this.

edit: French internet is slow as hell.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ilmucche posted:

More importantly when Macron gets in will he reinstate Hadopi Law and make lovely orange internet even shittier?

*sweats intensely trying to resist making shariah law puns*

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ilmucche posted:

if the government banned me from the Internet I would spend the rest of my days uploading pirated textbooks from a public library computers. until my dieing breath

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rutibex posted:

if the government banned me from the Internet I would spend the rest of my days uploading pirated textbooks from a public library computers. until my dieing breath

You're a true hero of the people, in a hundred years there will be streets named after you.

Seriously though, as much as people thinking Hillary had a chance beccause of extremely skewed polls, the situation in France is extremely different and trust my word, Le Pen won't and can't win.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

If the government banned me from the internet I'd read more books and get out more.

Please government, I know you're reading this!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grevling posted:

If the government banned me from the internet I'd read more books and get out more.

Please government, I know you're reading this!

They'll start with 6 hr joke probations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Rutibex posted:

Sure it has, and the last time it happened civilization collapsed for 1000 years.

lol

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Piss de Bundy posted:

no french hitler this time, but, probably next time. whos next to fall in europe? dutch hitler was taken down. . .

Ordering extra diapers for the German election.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/marine-le-pen-steps-down-at-national-front-to-boost-run-for-presidency-1.4083441

I did nazi that coming

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Rutibex posted:

Sure it has, and the last time it happened civilization collapsed for 1000 years.

I thought WP guys loved all that Viking age poo poo.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

So she stepped down for the sake of running as president unaffiliated with any one party?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol the AliExpress thread has more pages than a frenchie one

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol the AliExpress thread has more pages than a frenchie one

Is this Ali guy middle eastern or middle-eastern French

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Agag posted:

I thought WP guys loved all that Viking age poo poo.

but fascists love imperial roman imagery too, seems incompatible

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
still a lotta misogyny itt tbh

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Fog Tripper posted:

Who did Bruce Jenner eat?

Pussy.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

is there a sweet gangtag we can toxx for?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

gently caress France.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I do not recall my ancestors hating the country's residents, resisting assimilation, raping its women, or trying to blow up people who did not share the love of their wonderful culture. We did bring over some awesome food and love of a good polka.

A comprehensive list of beneficial cultural gems brought by moslems:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fog Tripper posted:

I do not recall my ancestors hating it's residents, resisting assimilation, raping its women and trying to blow up people who did not share the love of their wonderful culture. We did bring over some awesome food and love of a good polka.

The previous guys had already done all of that and successfully genocided them

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fog Tripper posted:

A comprehensive list of beneficial cultural gems brought by moslems:

kebab is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Rutibex posted:

kebab is pretty good

Chunks of meat on sticks is not a recipe. loving cave men made that.
It is a braincell above steak.

• Locked thread