Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

yuming posted:

I am town, but I'm not reading anyone as standing out as scum. The start of the game was oddly dense and I haven't gotten any good reads off the flavor-chat.

Because the reads I have gotten are town, I am fine to vote for a low-content poster.

JFisk is my current choice because (1) they promised to read the thread and (2) now when called out about it just made an excuse and peaced out.

To me that is better than voting someone for awkward new posting, which is the only other read I am getting atm: a bad tone read on Jed.

But like sandguy, I'd prefer to leave time for me to get used to his posting style.

This is a fairly decent case and I'd be convinced to vote Fisk/Taste over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anyway hi I'm here and I'll be relatively around until deadline.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming being mad I'm not participating isn't a good case lol better clock that guy

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Fisk is TT? I'm not mad! I'm just trying to find someone I'm in support of lunching!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

Fisk is TT? I'm not mad! I'm just trying to find someone I'm in support of lunching!

ye

uncharitable description then. Your case seems understandable, monathin's assessment of it as good and worth pursuing is not

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ok I caught up

Some thoughts

SNG is new and that's enough to give a pass atm altho it would be p funny to lynch him first day on first game

I feel good about birb and soda as they are cool and good I didn't like the way everyone jumped on birb

I am not understanding toals posting and esp the no Lynch vote is it a bit or what

I unvoted spoonsy bc I couldn't remember why I had voted him in the first place. Reading through I still think that's a fine vote.

As of now, however, imma vote one of the peeps currently voting for no Lynch

BECAUSE THEY ARE COWARDS

##vote bee movie

I'll try to be around for deadline ama

Pet chatte

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

We played together in the Ecco game where you were scum and you were making gross mudpies all over the town and the flips were obscured because of all the mudpies. We lost despite flipping a bunch of scum and Ecco was all Ecco about it.

Oh god I forgot about the mudpies

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Spoonsy posted:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Monathin posted:

This is a fairly decent case and I'd be convinced to vote Fisk/Taste over it.

I find it pretty unconvincing. I've already caught Spoonsy in a lie so I think he should be the vote today.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you what

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I caught Spoonsy in a lie.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the lie is the thing about playing in a game together?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh, the game history? Yeah that's valid.

My vote's already on Spoonsy so I don't really mind sticking there and their reaction trying to go all "WHY DO I HAVE THREE VOTES IN THIS 21 PERSON GAME" felt like way more of a stretch than I'm willing to really give total benefit of the doubt to.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Monathin posted:

Oh, the game history? Yeah that's valid.

am i going nuts

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

am i going nuts

I am in the same boat

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

I caught Spoonsy in a lie.

please explain??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy posted:

look I get it, you took too small a slice, ya got mudpie on your hand, i ate the mudpie and now my stomach is totally hosed

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

am i going nuts

Lunch all liars

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I wanna ##vote somber

Here is the case: his posting has been encouraging apathy and inertia, and implicitly setting a tone of "it's impossible to know things so might as well dunk for bad reasons"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I wanna ##vote somber

Here is the case: his posting has been encouraging apathy and inertia, and implicitly setting a tone of "it's impossible to know things so might as well dunk for bad reasons"

that's pretty mean

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey Somber, I'm sorry to hear about the rough patch ya been going through. Did you actually catch Spoonsy in a lie? Can you show me where and how badly you think his lie is?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I too am going to ##vote somber because I feel like there's a decent level of shirtposting going on at the moment that seems to be looking for easy inactive targets

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy posted:

Yeah I too am going to ##vote somber because I feel like there's a decent level of shirtposting going on at the moment that seems to be looking for easy inactive targets

I think this is scummy

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Hey Somber, I'm sorry to hear about the rough patch ya been going through. Did you actually catch Spoonsy in a lie? Can you show me where and how badly you think his lie is?

I honestly think it's that I don't remember him from a previous ecco game, whereas it would appear that we were in a game together 2 years ago

(as a reminder I stopped regularly playing a long time ago, only come back when PM'd (like Tokes did for Potter), and saw an Ecco game open and figured I might as well join in for the fun as wow did I forget how awesome and bananas the Lady Clarent game was)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I would agree with you Spoonsy that that isn't much of a "gotcha in a lie."

I still think your vote there is scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

💙

I was joking, it was just that we had played together before. Pin and Spoonsy but especially Spoonsy reacted in a way that I think is pretty scumbly though so I'm good with my Spoonsy vote.

Spoonsy Spoonsy Spoonsy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh I also question why that made sense to monathin.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It was a pretty hasty backtrack and I already think Spoonsy's other behavior is pretty scummy, which I already pointed out. :shrug:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Monathin posted:

It was a pretty hasty backtrack and I already think Spoonsy's other behavior is pretty scummy, which I already pointed out. :shrug:

Oh okay that makes sense 🙂

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

💙

I was joking, it was just that we had played together before. Pin and Spoonsy but especially Spoonsy reacted in a way that I think is pretty scumbly though so I'm good with my Spoonsy vote.

Spoonsy Spoonsy Spoonsy.

Pins reaction was what I was thinking as I read the exchange and I think it’s odd that you continued the joke for three posts. But I do agree that spoonsys response wasn’t great

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I guess the only way to get to the bottom of this is to lunch both Somber and Spoonsy.

(That is mostly a joke, but I do find both of them a little scummy right now.)

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

I’ll ##vote somber based on that

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I wanna ##vote somber

I guess if I need to defend myself, my argument here is that this is false & bullshit. ~implicitly setting a tone~ like whatever I've never set a tone once in my life.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who am I voting

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is my case good? I’m on mobile so am not sure.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

U G H

##UNVOTE; ##VOTE SANDNAVYGUY

Oh yeah. This is a good vote. Ok then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Is my case good? I’m on mobile so am not sure.

Scum merk spotted.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

I forgot to ##unvote earlier, ##vote somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It used to be a pretty good scum tell for merk that they would consistently mention they weren't high effort because they were phoneposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Rack em and stack em