Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
that sucks so hard for Avila and for me, the guy who was excited for that fight more than the rest combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I like how they all yank her back up as if they were going to pretend she hadn’t just fainted.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

I like how they all yank her back up as if they were going to pretend she hadn’t just fainted.

Exactly what I came here to post.

Someone just fainted? Quick, let's get her immediately back on her feet and not check on her so she can fall over again!!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

blue footed boobie posted:

I'll give them a pass for being idiots and not knowing a thing about how to handle fainting. At least someone in the background (british?) is telling them not to pick her up.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I would argue that MMA should be the preeminent sport when it comes to knowing "what it looks like when someone has fallen down and shouldn't get back up right away".

Ridiculous stuff on the scale there.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Don't even know if those people are NSAC staff or just venue/event staff.
In either case, I'm not surprised the training/caution is not there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z62esVdmxCQ

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Apparently she demanded to be allowed back on the scale. The speculation I've seen is that she needed to weigh in to get her show money.

Which is simultaneously better and worse.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1371962377978056705?s=20

This came up on my timeline and my first thought was "who's this fat man wearing a diaper?".

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Brain Curry posted:

Kevin Holland’s interview in the athletic is great

espn put together a supercut of holland talking in the octagon (tm) and it is pretty funny

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1372632618106245125?s=20

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I like the matchmaking of Oliveira vs Chandler because neither of them have lost to Khabib. It's the same reason I like Jan as LHW champ - he's more legitimate because Jones never beat him. If Poirier or MacGregor was champ at lightweight I would feel like there would be an asterisk next to it, like, "Here is the champ, as long as Khabib doesn't count." Obviously having somebody who did beat Jones or Khabib is preferable, but if those guys vacate, I think doing something like this is better than making a "Second Best to Khabib" championship out of Poirier/Gaethje/Conor match.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Holy gently caress his UFC debut was Thiago Santos? Well poo poo.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

If you haven't kevin hollands fights you should, he's my favourite "young" fighter covid bullshit aside he's very impressive.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I have posts in the UFC 227 thread where that fight too place so I've definitely seen his all his UFC fights, I just didn't know who anyone was at that point so I'm not sure "guy making his debut against Thiago Santos" even registered as being a weird thing to me, even if they mentioned it on the broadcast.

I'm just poo poo at remembering people the first few times I see them, but I very clearly saw the fight, apparently I had this to say:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Holland's debut was against Thiago Santos because he showboated and trash talked his way through his fight on DWCS and Dana was like "fine I'll give you a shot but you're getting a dose of humility with it"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/mookiealexander/status/1373314971535171589

but, y'know, full attendance cards are coming

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The first full attendance event is all but guaranteed be the next super spreader like Sturgis right?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I feel like the UFC's answer is just gonna be standby fights, not just standby fighters.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

chaleski posted:

The first full attendance event is all but guaranteed be the next super spreader like Sturgis right?

Probably worse as it’s indoors and the new variants?

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
according to IG Julia Avila has now been tossed out of her gym for undisclosed reasons

bad luck continues or?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

It cuts off the flow of blood. When you are in the military it is reiterated over and over not to lock your knees when standing at attention

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Dammit

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

loving shitcocks :-(

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Man, this is a weird card

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
here's a thread for fights

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962773

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

ufc just announced on fight night that volkanovski ortega is off because of covid protocols

sucks, was looking forward to that

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 21, 2021

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

G-Hawk posted:

ufc just announced on fight night that volkanowski ortega is off because of covid protocols

lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CarlCX posted:

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

G-Hawk posted:

ufc just announced on fight night that volkanovski ortega is off because of covid protocols

They said Volk is already in the country so it seems like a weird one. I’m wondering if Dana has lost his sway with authorities since Trump got booted.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

CarlCX posted:

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1373352458337054726?s=20

hmmmm

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

G-Hawk posted:

https://twitter.com/alexvolkanovski/status/1373468080592986119?s=20

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

not blaming volkanovski for this but lol at the ufc "bubble"

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Honestly a little surprised UFC hasn't found a way to get everyone vaccines.

Definitely would be shady but ... This is the UFC were talking about.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Genuinely perplexed how news of Dana testing positive hasn't broken/leaked.

I doubt he'd quarantine with Covid so I reckon he'd still be there Rona or not.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Genuinely perplexed how news of Dana testing positive hasn't broken/leaked.

I doubt he'd quarantine with Covid so I reckon he'd still be there Rona or not.

He either didn’t test positive or just went away for 10 days without telling anyone when he did.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

What are the chances that Javier Mendez, who got his hands on a vaccine months ago, got it before Dana? Personally I'd put it at between 0 and 1 percent.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
I liked Kevin Holland's ground and pound defense, he would put his arms up in a high guard position like muay thai fighters do with the elbows pointed forward and the fists on each side of the head, and he got his arms up there really quick, blocking a lot of shots.

Spending 75% of the fight in that position wasn't so good but I did like the elbows.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Khabib out here giving free advice to holland cage-side and that's nice

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1373744400610770947?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

sounds a bit like volk is putting the blame on the UFC for their lovely bubble. it really sucks for anyone to go from a country that's largely got covid under control to a UFC controlled environment let alone a world champion that has something to prove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

crepeface posted:

sounds a bit like volk is putting the blame on the UFC for their lovely bubble. it really sucks for anyone to go from a country that's largely got covid under control to a UFC controlled environment let alone a world champion that has something to prove.

There's no community transmission in Aus atm so it has to be the UFC bubble unless he hosed up in a car or airport.