Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Sancho Banana posted:

The government is now pushing a law that will allow them to revoke the citizenship of anyone caught "supporting terrorists" online during wartime.

This was inspired by the arrest of an actress who posted Instagram stories "supporting terrorism" - one of them was the video of the old lady hostage driving around in Gaza with hamas with laughing emojis, and the other was an image of the fence getting rekt with the caption "let's go Berlin style."

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1720170884336414734?t=WEn-mom8IcK23NeJJUCi0A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Where are the trophy system and sensors located on these things? It sounds like the thing goes off a few seconds after he places it and someone said the prayer he was saying was about blinding the enemy. Maybe they were clearing the way for that RPG shot.

according to a channel

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

any idiot can stick a plasma grenade to a tank, the things are like magnets

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
active defense is bullshit, i'm sure it works great if you're doing trench warfare at range and helps in an attrition war or whatever, but if a couple guys pop up out of a bush 30m away it ain't gonna do poo poo

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al! posted:

being able to deport your citizens just like that kind of implies you arent a real country

It’s a pretty serious crime to make people stateless so… uh…?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1720179711857377367

lol some of the Hezbollah stuff is fan made trailers

More hype than a Hollywood movie at this rate

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

got my apartment blown up for posting hezbollah fan trailer edits

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Truga posted:

active defense is bullshit, i'm sure it works great if you're doing trench warfare at range and helps in an attrition war or whatever, but if a couple guys pop up out of a bush 30m away it ain't gonna do poo poo

a lot of people overlook it but its a pretty good aug for late game deus ex

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Honky Mao posted:

got my apartment blown up for posting hezbollah fan trailer edits

Joe Biden just killed me with a daisy cutter for making a version with better music :rip:

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Gunshow Poophole posted:

:allbuttons:

this is... beyond comprehension lol

I feel brave doing that poo poo in a video game.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Hammerstein posted:

Joe Biden just killed me with a daisy cutter for making a version with better music :rip:

please redo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCuBalItZA8

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Sancho Banana posted:

The government is now pushing a law that will allow them to revoke the citizenship of anyone caught "supporting terrorists" online during wartime.

This was inspired by the arrest of an actress who posted Instagram stories "supporting terrorism" - one of them was the video of the old lady hostage driving around in Gaza with hamas with laughing emojis, and the other was an image of the fence getting rekt with the caption "let's go Berlin style."

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1720170884336414734?t=WEn-mom8IcK23NeJJUCi0A&s=19

A) Let's Go Berlin Style is a good quote
2) what happens when a country revokes someone's citizenship? how do you get citizenship in another country when no country claims you?
I know the answer is "you get dronestriked" or smth but it's a cool stoned thought

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

this is really interesting thanks

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Resistance News Network posted:

The fragile zionist entity makes a unanimous decision to prevent its media from broadcasting or discussing the speech of Hezbollah Secretary-General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah taking place tomorrow. 🕸️
(from t.me/PalestineResist/17916, via tgsa)

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s a pretty serious crime to make people stateless so… uh…?

International laws aren't real

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

this kicks rear end. explode all the nazis

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not bad for Raleigh.

https://x.com/ifnotnoworg/status/1720196110591893930?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

But it does not fit the dynamic of the video at all, you want a riff for the button press and a faster dynamic.

This piece would be a proper background tune if there was a video of Netanyahu sitting in a chair in a dimly lit room, slowly twirling a non existent villain moustache.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

sullat posted:

International laws aren't real

Being called out for international law violations? Just say no.

The UN cannot arrest you without your consent.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
im a free occupier of the land

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Sancho Banana posted:

Being called out for international law violations? Just say no.

The UN cannot arrest you without your consent.

The US has it on the books that they'll bomb The Hague if any US person they value is indicted/dragged into there, so checks out.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Spaced God posted:

A) Let's Go Berlin Style is a good quote
2) what happens when a country revokes someone's citizenship? how do you get citizenship in another country when no country claims you?
I know the answer is "you get dronestriked" or smth but it's a cool stoned thought

the UK government did this a few years ago to some foolhardy and naïve teenagers who went join ISIS, despite being born in britain, growing up in britain, and arguably being failed by the child services and border police who allowed it to happen

step 1) make sure they’re brown
step 2) say they can get citizenship from that country (even if the country says no, they won’t)
step 3) revoke citizenship
step 4) win election by being tough on terrorists

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lol the IDF is already crying "wait time out!! i wasn't ready yet" less than 3 days into the ground assault

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, hard-kill APS systems seem more fit for low-intensity warfare where armor can engage in a set piece battle then withdraw to safety. In high intensity warfare especially in terms of urban fighting (or guerilla warfare) it seems more of a liability.

There are too many different tactics/systems designed to defeat them at this point, and not being able to use infantry in close support is real issue. I would say cope cages are probably more useful regardless of how "low tech" they are.

Grozny comes up a lot and there are shades of it occurring in the Gaza conflict, but part of it was that Yeltsin put political limitations on how to engage include limited artillery and air support. Part of it was he wanted to play nice with the US and played by their rules within his own borders, the forces engaged didn't really have a shot.

The T-80 it turns out isn't an inherently bad tank and has done quite well in Ukraine. The Merkava seems more of a mishmash and it has a bunch of features and limitations that I think a purposefully designed MBT probably wouldn't or shouldn't have. A tank is a tank in the end, but it seems like there are a much of decisions coming together that isn't leading to the greatest performance.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 23:36 on Nov 2, 2023

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

listening to that finkelstein interview debate thing and they are playing memri tv clips to try and own norm

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

"cope" cages lmfao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

fart cages

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is it let's go Berlin style (1945) or Berlin style (1989)?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

cringe kevlar

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

keep punching joe posted:

Is it let's go Berlin style (1945) or Berlin style (1989)?

It was said in combination with a picture of the fence being destroyed on the 7th, so probably refrencing the berlin wall.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Literally “all” the IDF needs is a willingness to use infantry, but it seems like their militarized, democratic, settler colonial state that conscripts liberal women but not conservative men is a house of cards that would implode if they did that.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
America going to operation paperclip the Israeli scientists to get hold of that soda stream tech.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1720207609796456716?t=cnZZdopSZQljoPKaYKwVIw&s=19

Guess this is happening after all

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Hammerstein posted:

But it does not fit the dynamic of the video at all, you want a riff for the button press and a faster dynamic.

This piece would be a proper background tune if there was a video of Netanyahu sitting in a chair in a dimly lit room, slowly twirling a non existent villain moustache.

you're right.

or a knesset meeting.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

what happens when the idf can’t fly their planes with impunity

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lpzie posted:

"cope" cages lmfao

If people poo poo on the Russians for years for using slat armor, then then everyone else has got to suffer as well even if it is actually pretty useful.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Jel Shaker posted:

what happens when the idf can’t fly their planes with impunity

They call for a ceasefire at 8:50 am eastern time that Dick Durbin front runs to gather left votes, pretending he has moral clarity

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/zukosmadre/status/1720208107589054495

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

America going to operation paperclip the Israeli scientists to get hold of that soda stream tech.

ok but america does bad things too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

Member of the Supreme Political Council in Yemen, Mohammad Ali Al-Houthi to RT:

We have no concern about the arrival of American aircraft carriers in the Red Sea, as they are within the range of our missiles, and they do not offer more than what is already present with the countries of the aggression coalition against our country.

I'm not a water general or anything, but parking an air craft carrier in the Red Sea sounds like just as bad of any idea as doing so to the Persian Gulf, or the Taiwan Straight