Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

DGK2000 posted:

You'd gently caress up a paint by numbers.
laffo

hey guys 1.5 hours to deadline~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

With the deadline in about an hour and a half, who is here right now?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Here is me in the corner, feeling butthurt.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I have returned. Finding Yuming suspicious but I won't claim it's anything more than a gut reaction. Many votes around her cite her 'usual play' which turns me off immensely to lynching her, I have never seen this argument work. That said there is something very squirmy about the way she showed up and dropped a lot of noise very quickly after her name was dropped.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm here, probably gonna vote Pander. It's my girlfriends birthday though so I'll only be checking in twice before deadline.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Someone give me 20 words on why we should lynch Pander?

Putting my mouth where my money is and going with my only gut read right now. Just splashing some holy water on her and glaring does nothing.

##vote Yuming

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Tom Tucker posted:

Putting my mouth where my money is and going with my only gut read right now. Just splashing some holy water on her and glaring does nothing.

##vote Yuming
Bad vote.

##vote Tom Tucker

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorta here but also eating dinner. I will try to be around close to deadline at least.

yuming I have no idea about, honestly. Every game I've ever played with her she does this sorta "oh hi I haven't been paying attention at all here is a drive-by opinion okay back later" and she has been both scum and town when she does this.

This is the first time I can remember seeing her mad, so I have nothing previously to base it on, but it does feel genuine for getting jumped on when she is doing the same thing she always does.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tom Tucker posted:

##vote Yuming

He has been pressuring people on relatively inconsequential matters that makes it seem like he is trying to get slip ups from people that he can use for cases instead of real scum hunting.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
But seriously that is an awful vote.

Tom's contribution to the game so far has been some easy setup based whatever, and then he votes me-- an easy target-- with a ~gut feeling~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yuming posted:

Bad vote.

##vote Tom Tucker

Seriously? After not mentioning him at all up till now you're going to jump on him for voting for you? This feels very petty and disingenuine to me.

##vote yuming

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

Seriously? After not mentioning him at all up till now you're going to jump on him for voting for you? This feels very petty and disingenuine to me.

##vote yuming
How about you look back at his post history and see if there was anything worth casing until this point.

Oh wait, he never made another attempt at scum hunting. But then he drops an easy vote close to the deadline.

That is legit scummy.

I am so annoyed with this game. Every post I make someone votes me for it. Wouldn't you be annoyed too?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah it's pretty clear you're now the bandwagon vote.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

yuming posted:

How about you look back at his post history and see if there was anything worth casing until this point.

Oh wait, he never made another attempt at scum hunting. But then he drops an easy vote close to the deadline.

That is legit scummy.

I am so annoyed with this game. Every post I make someone votes me for it. Wouldn't you be annoyed too?

You could try posting something more substantial than, "idk about anyone's alignment. Viva and Tom Tucker give me a bad feeling I guess. :sparkles:"

It's just difficult to take you seriously when half your posts are complaints about how people are complaining about your complaint posts! I'm sorry if you are actually mad irl, but it's not really helpful.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hour till deadline.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

You could try posting something more substantial than, "idk about anyone's alignment. Viva and Tom Tucker give me a bad feeling I guess. :sparkles:"

It's just difficult to take you seriously when half your posts are complaints about how people are complaining about your complaint posts! I'm sorry if you are actually mad irl, but it's not really helpful.
I agree to some of the things people are saying about yuming and I'm an advocate of gut feeling votes (gently caress it) but a number of other players have just given gut feeling posts or even less. It is interesting that yuming is getting pulled up for it and the others aren't.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote pander I would rather lynch Pander than Yuming. Pander has actually been scummy, Yuming feels like a lurker lynch.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

yuming (5): DGK2000, mr.capps, QuoProQuid, Tom Tucker, Rarity
Pander (3): mr.capps, mr.capps, Hal Incandenza, DGK2000, DGK2000, Your Personal Muse, JakeP
Meinberg (3): JakeP, JakeP, Asiina, Pander, Crazyeyes
mr.capps (1): Amnistar, Pander, Crazyeyes, Juanito, Pander, Grandicap, Amnistar, Grandicap, Crazyeyes
Amnistar (1): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid, DGK2000, QuoProQuid, Rarity, Meinberg, JakeP, QuoProQuid, DGK2000, Rarity, JakeP
DGK2000 (1): Lampsacus, Lampsacus, Lampsacus
Your Personal Muse (1): Grandicap
QuoProQuid (1): Amnistar
Tom Tucker (1): yuming
VivaNova (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
Rarity (0): Asiina, Pander, Asiina, Pander
Crazyeyes (0): Meinberg, mr.capps, mr.capps, Meinberg
Eight Dollars (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
Lampsacus (0): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid
Ixtlilton (0): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid
Juanito (0): Pander, Pander
Grandicap (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
50 pounds of bread (0): Lampsacus, yuming, Lampsacus, yuming
Sandwolf (0): Rarity, Rarity
bowmore (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Asiina (0): Rarity, Juanito, Juanito, Rarity, QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid

Not Voting (8): 50 pounds of bread, bowmore, Eight Dollars, Ernie., Ixtlilton, Sandwolf, tearshed, VivaNova

With 25 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 08th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 58 minutes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am serious about Tom Tucker.

Tom Tucker posted:

##vote Yuming
This is his only vote or actual call for the day.

He's spent the rest of his time making comments on the setup. And making sideline opinions, e.g.,

Tom Tucker posted:

Not really, you mention him, then you insert a lot of fluff between it and the vote, then don't even mention the actual 'case' when voting him instead phrasing it as a question and acknowledging it as a tainted vote. The phrasing here irks me. I am curious why you chose to separate them and the best I can tell is that you listed a bunch of ideas then just sat on one, which is not a very effective way of playing.

For the record I don't think this makes you scum but it sure as heck doesn't make your points convincing.
A meandering post to YPM about Grandi. He doesn't take it anywhere.

At least I made an attempt to follow up on my 50 read, and have been trying to get a handle on the thread.

I mean this read my god gently caress look at Tom or someone else that's not me because I'm not scum.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm not lynching Yuming, even it if would be good revenge for last Civ haha

##vote Pander

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Oh mah gawd, Tremendous Taste replaces Pander.

seeing how close we are to deadline i'm not removing votes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Are you loving serious

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Lampsacus posted:

I agree to some of the things people are saying about yuming and I'm an advocate of gut feeling votes (gently caress it) but a number of other players have just given gut feeling posts or even less. It is interesting that yuming is getting pulled up for it and the others aren't.

Her logic is extremely inconsistent (1), she's just thrown out an OMGUS vote (2), despite being active for the last few hours she has provided only one read the entire game (3). I hate relying on meta, but yuming's behavior here is inconsistent with her typical :sparkles: demeanor that she has while town. Instead, she is extremely aggressive which lines up with her usual attitude when scum.

I'm pretty comfortable with a yuming lynch right now.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I sure hope Tremendous Taste is capable of reading a 16 page thread and casting a vote in forty-five minutes!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Yuming bandwagon is lovely and based on nothing in this game

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

busb posted:

Oh mah gawd, Tremendous Taste replaces Pander.

seeing how close we are to deadline i'm not removing votes.

What.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I kind of want to let Taste have a go and not lynch him

But I don't want to lynch yuming

So...

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That's busb's way of telling us we should no-lynch.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ixtlilton posted:

That's busb's way of telling us we should no-lynch.
I think so.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Or Pander was scared of being lynched so replaced out?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

No lynch today.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Lampsacus posted:

No lynch today.

That is a terrible idea.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Why?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

QuoProQuid posted:

Her logic is extremely inconsistent (1), she's just thrown out an OMGUS vote (2), despite being active for the last few hours she has provided only one read the entire game (3). I hate relying on meta, but yuming's behavior here is inconsistent with her typical :sparkles: demeanor that she has while town. Instead, she is extremely aggressive which lines up with her usual attitude when scum.

I'm pretty comfortable with a yuming lynch right now.
This is a p big misrepresentation of my posts, Scrappy Doo.

My vote has a good reason that I just explained.

I haven't been active the last few hours, I have been cooking which is something I posted in the thread.

I am not aggressive as scum that is bullshit. Quit posting bullshit tia.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really don't know why that couldn't have waited until after the votes.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

bowmore posted:

Or Pander was scared of being lynched so replaced out?

He said his life was crazy in his other game and that he'd replace out there if it wasn't lategame, so I doubt it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress it ##vote Taste

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Okay, I probably should have been paying more attention to the time stamp at the end of those vote counter posts.

I feel like the case on Yuming is bad, built upon meta that has been proven incorrect in every game I've played with yuming so far.

I don't like the case on me, because it's dumb and I like me.

I don't like Pander replacing out at the very last minute, and while I will feel very bad that Taste doesn't get a full opportunity to play this game, I feel like the options available or him or a no-lynch at this moment.

I know Tremendous Taste would say go for the no-lynch, and looking at the numbers, he might just get his wish. But as it is, Pander's behavior thus far in the game has been bad enough that voting him out is the best option.

##vote Tremendous Taste

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Asiina posted:

I really don't know why that couldn't have waited until after the votes.
I guess b got a PM from Pander and wanted to be fair to him/her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Other option is Meinberg but I don't know what the case is on him

• Locked thread