Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So how about that motorcycle huh?

Can't wait to ride it. Hopefully customise it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
E: delayed as hell double post Wtf awful app.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Has is been mentioned anywhere if ray tracing is going to be in cyberpunk? Probably not, but imagine how good it would look with it.

The dick pic was posted by nvidia announcing ray tracing for the game.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pylons posted:

You can't just gleefully engage in the same behavior you're satirizing and call it a day. That's just bigotry.

Yeah, I'm sure the artist is a terrible bigot.

JBP posted:

Is that what's happening? I don't know if that's what's happening. The artist, as usual these days, has had to come out and defend/explain their work. I'll just take them at their word that it's part of the setting's corporate criticism until I see the game and learn otherwise.

But their track record of a twitter message...

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I wonder if there are any more vehicles other than the car and motorcycle.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, I'm sure the artist is a terrible bigot.

They don't have to be a bigot to be engaging in bigotry.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Collapsing Farts posted:

How do you know who's trans and not, it's not like they wear a little trans-flag on their sleeve to indicate it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How would you tell who is trans and who isn't in their gameplay demo?

Even without the gigantic erection on that ad, I'd be able to tell that person was trans the second I looked at their style and facial features. There are clues that trans people can pick up on that non-trans people probably won't.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What bigotry are they guilty of? Sorry I haven't kept up with the latest idiot drama in Gamer Culture

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pylons posted:

They don't have to be a bigot to be engaging in bigotry.

I guess all of marketing is bigotry then, because what the artist did and described was standard marketing creative process.

Zzulu posted:

What bigotry are they guilty of? Sorry I haven't kept up with the latest idiot drama in Gamer Culture

Making a picture that they thought was good and would make a good advertising for a soda.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
GOG and CDP-R aren't even the same division of CDP are they not?

Frankston posted:

I wonder if there are any more vehicles other than the car and motorcycle.

I assume there's going to be models inspired by the vehicles in the 2020 sourcebooks and some degree of customization that way

quote:

Even without the gigantic erection on that ad, I'd be able to tell that person was trans the second I looked at their style and facial features. There are clues that trans people can pick up on that non-trans people probably won't.

The oversized erection aside the presence of dong was never the issue.

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 13, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CascadeBeta posted:

You can literally swap out body parts including facial features.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

I guess all of marketing is bigotry then, because what the artist did and described was standard marketing creative process.

The artist literally said that they designed the ad to be bigoted because it's meant to be a criticism of the way sex is used to sell products.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Everybody has said what they wanted to say multiple times in different forms, and it's gone nowhere... mostly because we actually know nothing about this stupid game but some pictures and brief gameplay snippets that might not even be in the release version.

Developed trans characters would be great, but also we've seen no character development of anybody in this game because we've only seen brief snippets that might not even be in the release version next year.

Witcher 3's representation of anybody that wasn't a white dude was ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so I'm not expecting this game to let freedom ring or anything, but I'm not gonna bury them before the game can even be played just based on a poster in the background of a promotional image nVidia used for raytracing tech.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How would you tell who is trans and who isn't in their gameplay demo?

No, shut the gently caress up.
"Yeah, we have loads of positive representation of trans people you just can't tell they're trans!" is not a valid counter argument to "The only visible trans people are hypersexualised fetish caricatures."

Edit:
Actually if that were the case it's just reinforcing another nasty belief about trans people which is that the only "good" ones are the ones who can flawlessly pass as cis.

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 13, 2019

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Pylons posted:

The artist literally said that they designed the ad to be bigoted because it's meant to be a criticism of the way sex is used to sell products.

Designed to be exploitative, rather.

Which it is, in that it's heavy on the sex.

At the same time, hey it's a mainstream soda ad so maybe it also reflects a world where I don't have to worry about tight clothes being an actual health hazard.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Pylons posted:

Depiction isn't endorsement. Raiders of the Lost Ark didn't endorse Nazis because it showed Nazis doing Nazi poo poo.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pylons posted:

That's fair, but then it also doesn't make sense. I don't think anybody would say that the people who e.g. designed the propaganda from Bioshock Infinite were bigoted for creating a fake version of the ideology they said they were opposing. And if creating something like that means "engaging in bigotry", then it perhaps means that the value of "engaging in bigotry" changes depending on intent.

CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...

Zzulu posted:

A guy tweeteted the "dont assume thier gender" "joke" and was fired for it after they took heat for it.

Personally not sure this is a sign of rampant bigotry at CDprojectRED, and I hope that there are many more references to giant cyber dong in this game.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

That's fair, but then it also doesn't make sense. I don't think anybody would say that the people who e.g. designed the propaganda from Bioshock Infinite were bigoted for creating a fake version of the ideology they said they were opposing.

... Bioshock Infinite is *really* not a good argument to use if you're trying to defend CDPR.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I wonder how divergent the path will be if the anticorp/neutral/corp thing is true. As much as I love Keanu as the AI ghost of a kick-rear end punk rocker Merc, the idea of having the AI of a Japanese imperial militant born in the year 1909 is so outrageous, I kind of need to try it first.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pylons posted:

... Bioshock Infinite is *really* not a good argument to use if you're trying to defend CDPR.

It's a bad game with a terrible "twist", but I talked specifically aboout the posters and frescos, not the plot.

Or I dunno, Nazi propaganda from a Wolfenstein game.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Agnosticnixie posted:

The oversized erection aside the presence of dong was never the issue.

Actually it was a large part of it because hypersexualization of trans people is a common, lovely trope.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You can literally swap out body parts including facial features.

I'm not sure how that's a knock against what I said?

sean10mm posted:

Everybody has said what they wanted to say multiple times in different forms, and it's gone nowhere... mostly because we actually know nothing about this stupid game but some pictures and brief gameplay snippets that might not even be in the release version.

Developed trans characters would be great, but also we've seen no character development of anybody in this game because we've only seen brief snippets that might not even be in the release version next year.

Witcher 3's representation of anybody that wasn't a white dude was ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so I'm not expecting this game to let freedom ring or anything, but I'm not gonna bury them before the game can even be played just based on a poster in the background of a promotional image nVidia used for raytracing tech.

I'm going off of what they've shown. They've been extremely controlling about what gameplay gets out into the wild and what people are allowed to see. This is what they want their game to be seen as, so why are trans people not a part of that besides exploitation?

I'm glad you have the luxury of not having to care about representation besides white men, but that's not good enough for me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

It's a bad game with a terrible "twist", but I talked specifically aboout the posters and frescos, not the plot.

Or I dunno, Nazi propaganda from a Wolfenstein game.

It's a bad example because the only contextualization within the game of that propaganda is a lovely "both sides are the same!" message.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I really wish I could remember the name for this kind of connector. IIRC it was developed by like germans in the 50s or 20s or some poo poo. Used a lot for certain microphones or even soldering irons, but i've also seen it referred to as "aircraft" style, whatever that means. V's jacket has four of them, and they're all the peripheral side -- the energized "main" side would look like this:

Obviously you don't need to run power thru these necessarily, but if you did you wouldn't want the sockets on the jacket to be energized cause you could get some fuckin shell casing jammed in there or other idiot poo poo and get a short. I have seen them used reversed where the pins were hot for whatever dumbass reason, and probably they're used like that more often than not, they're not really like usb designed to be plugged whenever however so you can sort of assume that if the pins are hot it's not going to be a big deal cause the thing is already connected up or it's powered down.

There's also ten billion variations in number, layout, and size of pins, including sockets and plugs that are half male and half female. Really weirdo poo poo out there but I've only seen the more standard ones irl. I'm willing to bet that if it were real the jacket has some kind of backing plate behind those sockets, not that it's something that would ever come up, but without a strong anchor those things would rip right through the leather no problem. IMO if the jacket broke it would be a pain in the rear end to fix unless there's some sort of access pocket on the inside that lets you pull the guts out of the collar.

I wonder if those connectors have an actual use in the game or if it's just there to look cool (it's there to look cool). Any time I've seen them they tend to either be some homebrew poo poo or something that just needs a cheap reliable interconnection. For sure not the kind of thing i'd run in like fuckin combat simulations or whatever, that naked metal second pic I posted has like no strain relief for the cable itself.

Frankston posted:

So how about that motorcycle huh?

Can't wait to ride it. Hopefully customise it.

if I can't blast fools with a pipe or cyber katana while riding this thing then the game is failed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The_White_Crane posted:

No, shut the gently caress up.
"Yeah, we have loads of positive representation of trans people you just can't tell they're trans!" is not a valid counter argument to "The only visible trans people are hypersexualised fetish caricatures."

So how would you want trans people to be identifiable in future gameplay segments or trailers that are shown?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'd actually be really interesting if they cast actors for all three of these people, especially Morgan Blackhand (the Solo of Fortune). I don't think it's ever been stated what he actually looks like, because the dude is just so good at staying untraceable. The closest description to him is Mike Pondsmith commentating that he thinks Morgan would be an older white guy, the kind that can instantly blend in anywhere; even right after garroting some poor bastard in the middle of a street.

maybe it'll be like a Vampire The Masquerade thing where Morgan is just some random dude you see sometimes and you don't realize who he really is until the very end

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Glenn Quebec posted:

I wonder how divergent the path will be if the anticorp/neutral/corp thing is true. As much as I love Keanu as the AI ghost of a kick-rear end punk rocker Merc, the idea of having the AI of a Japanese imperial militant born in the year 1909 is so outrageous, I kind of need to try it first.

I'll be doing this for my first run which will be, as is my tradition, a large dude that kills everyone that can be killed using the largest possible revolver or magnum type deal. They'll go hand in hand nicely.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pylons posted:

It's a bad example because the only contextualization within the game of that propaganda is a lovely "both sides are the same!" message.

Yes, that's specifically what I said I wasn't talking about.

This is certainly not "both sides are bad" and it is presented at a face value. Regardless of whether it's well made satire, is the author a bad person for making it?

E. why doesnt imgur work properly anymore

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
So like, do we even know if they're allowing all the classes from the PnP? I loved Rockerboys and Medias back when I had a group for it.

quote:

Actually it was a large part of it because hypersexualization of trans people is a common, lovely trope.

LMAO, no, not that way sorry. It's a common lovely trope in that it's usually used as a way to show how trans people are dangerous predators tricking straight men who no matter how attractive they are should be treated as undesirable monsters. The only way in which that poster looks like a cliche is if you think mainstream media representations of trans people have anything in common with futa hentai.

Remove the gigantic erection and all you have is a nonop model. If that's a problem for you, that's not my loving problem as one of the bad trans.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

steinrokkan posted:

This is certainly not "both sides are bad" and it is presented at a face value. Regardless of whether it's well made satire, is the author a bad person for making it?

You do realize a lot of people took that propaganda at face value and went "Hell yeah, death to the foreign hordes!", right?

Agnosticnixie posted:

LMAO, no, not that way sorry. It's a common lovely trope in that it's usually used as a way to show how trans people are dangerous predators tricking straight men who no matter how attractive they are should be treated as undesirable monsters. The only way in which that poster looks like a cliche is if you think mainstream media representations of trans people have anything in common with futa hentai.

Remove the gigantic erection and all you have is a nonop model. If that's a problem for you, that's not my loving problem as one of the bad trans.

What the gently caress is wrong with you? The fact that you're throwing out futa hentai as a joke and not an example of lovely oversexualization of trans people is making my eyes roll out of my head. That kind of art is a literal perfect example of why the sexualization of that ad is super bad! We're viewed as fetish objects, not people, to a lot of shitheads. Just because it doesn't meet your arbitrary guidelines of what is actually poo poo to trans people doesn't make it not poo poo.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 13, 2019

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CascadeBeta posted:

You do realize a lot of people took that propaganda at face value and went "Hell yeah, death to the foreign hordes!", right?

Do you mean tons of real-life people?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CascadeBeta posted:

Boomers were chatting earnestly about Qanon posts as you typed this.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Hey here's a fun thing.

https://www.latinorebels.com/2013/1...liberal-trolls/

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

CascadeBeta posted:

And lots of people thought Starship Troopers was fellating fascism. Lots of people miss the point. Do we just give up on satire as a notion because people at large are idiots?

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

Witcher 3's representation of anybody that wasn't a white dude was ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so I'm not expecting this game to let freedom ring or anything

TW3 had wonderful female characters. I'm on board with taking a critical approach, but flippant wokisms like this are just boring.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

CascadeBeta posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you? The fact that you're throwing out futa hentai as a joke and not an example of lovely oversexualization of trans people is making my eyes roll out of my head. That kind of art is a literal perfect example of why the sexualization of that ad is super bad! We're viewed as fetish objects, not people, to a lot of shitheads. Just because it doesn't meet your arbitrary guidelines of what is actually poo poo to trans people doesn't make it not poo poo.

No amount of shouting will make futanari hentai an example of mainstream popular culture and I specifically said if you remove the comical erection, which is what you decided was worthy of replying to, and insisted that no actually the presence of penis on a trans woman is always bad.

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 13, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Were these morons racist before the game came out?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Glenn Quebec posted:

I dunno. I'm thinking probably you always end up with john but maybe you really can get different guys showing up. I'd think that they'd probably demand the same missions in the same places, but the goals and flow of the missions would be different depending who you're running for, and they might be in a different order with different scenarios.

"Oh poo poo samurai the corpos are buying a fuckin virus take them out"
"our employees are going to secure a purchase, make sure nothing interrupts the transaction"

If it was straight up different missions that would be crazy as gently caress, i'd think that'd be more DLC than putting all that effort into the main game tbh.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

And lots of people thought Starship Troopers was fellating fascism. Lots of people miss the point. Do we just give up on satire as a notion because people at large are idiots?

If there are *a lot* of those people and that satire where the point is missed is going to make things worse for the group being used in that satire? Yeah, maybe we do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Both sides in here are bad I can tell you that.