Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Onmi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMUCQQ-ryQ8&t=81s So do you think this promo was also written by McMahon? Or someone else?

That HAD To be someone else, maybe even Cena himself, just because he called McMahon Yoda and I could just imagine Vince hearing that and being like "I'M NOT SMALL ARHGHAGAHGHGHGHGHGH"

...this would be a perfect opportunity to post vinceflex.jpg but since some people had to ruin everyone else's fun... thanks assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

fatherdog posted:

Stevie is 56 and hasn't wrestled in 12 years, and I doubt he's been spending that time doing DDP Yoga.

Oh really? I think I was assuming he'd worked with guys at Booker T's school.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Maybe instead they can go with Booker's other brother, Big.

Edit: From googling to confirm that he's actually alive, apparently Google and Wikipedia disagree on how old he is.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

They had a great match with 2 Cool in NXT, who aren't at the 'nostalgia title run' levels of the NAO/Dudleys, so I'd see them as way more likely to be putting the Ascension over given their current push.
Wait, really? Scotty 2 Hotty was one of my favorite guys in the Attitude Era (shut up, I was weird) and last I heard he was working at an insurance company. Was this just a one-off or is he back on the indies?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Padje posted:

After watching The Ascension's promo on Main Event I'm convinced they're bringing back an older team for them to fight, similar to the NAO's run up to Wrestlemania last year.

Oh, you didn't know?

EDIT: pshhahahaha you already mentioned NAO in your post, I dunno why I misread that.

Also:

Everblight posted:

Wait, really? Scotty 2 Hotty was one of my favorite guys in the Attitude Era (shut up, I was weird) and last I heard he was working at an insurance company. Was this just a one-off or is he back on the indies?

A. It was a two-off for Old School Raw and one other thing, I don't remember what the other thing was but I remember him showing up twice. (Double edit: it was NXT, dude just said that, goddamn I'm just not awake today.)
B. He's a fireman, dude.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 16, 2015

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
I was pretty impressed at Booker after I watched Raw which is weird because I thought he was pretty bad during his time on Smackdown. He's no JR but he always puts over meaningless matches in a 'could make them a candidate for X championship' sort of way which is soo much better than JBL and Cole arguing over some petty poo poo. On the other hand, JBL was also pretty decent when he first started so I'm not sure if he won't go down the same road.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
WWE Announcing is basically so incompetent that, yes, someone actually calling action and trying to get something over is a great feat.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I've been watching the UK WWE Network (feels good man) and holy lol The Rock was calling him Big Slow in 1998.

Also Ryder and Cesaro are super likable on Countdown. WWE becoming tightly scripted is the worst thing to ever happen to it (even moreso than Cena in m opinion). Love that story Jake the Snake told of someone bringing him a script before a taping. He laughed and threw it away immediately.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

triplexpac posted:

WWE Announcing is basically so incompetent that, yes, someone actually calling action and trying to get something over is a great feat.

I especially liked the 'I have to get these guys over' line. He probably got a bollocking for that though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Everblight posted:

Scotty 2 Hotty was great and no one should feel bad about loving him :colbert:

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
I'm pretty sure Scotty 2 Hotty wrestled a singles match on NXT at some point a while back, too, but that was a much longer time ago.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Castomira posted:

I'm pretty sure Scotty 2 Hotty wrestled a singles match on NXT at some point a while back, too, but that was a much longer time ago.

He beat Slater on them during the whole every old guy in the world beats up Heath Slater storyline

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
In regards to Main Event not being available on WWE Network is it possible that WWE would switch the roles of Main Event and Superstars giving Superstars content relevant to the main shows and putting the undercard matches with no storyline implications on Main Event?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Konnor: "We will challenge any tag team from any era!"
Viktor: "The Road Warriors! Demolition!"
(music hits)
"Yo, you dealin' wit da X-Factor!"

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
(Steve Blackman's music hits)
(Al Snow comes out wearing a Packers cheese hat)

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
"Billy Gunn! We know you're back there... let us show you that we're the best!"
**YOOOOOOU LOOK SOOOO GOOD TO ME*

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'd pay good money to see the Ascension vs the Full Blooded Italians.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Castomira posted:

(Steve Blackman's music hits)
(Al Snow comes out wearing a Packers cheese hat)

I'd be so into this.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

I'd pay good money to see the Ascension vs the Full Blooded Italians.

I wanna see Deuce & Domino again just to hear the announcer say "hailing from The Wrong Side of The Tracks" :(

I miss goofy locations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

St Evan Echoes posted:

Scotty 2 Hotty was great and no one should feel bad about loving him :colbert:

The only thing we hold against him was not selling the leg in that match with Malenko.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

sticklefifer posted:

Konnor: "We will challenge any tag team from any era!"
Viktor: "The Road Warriors! Demolition!"
(music hits)
"Yo, you dealin' wit da X-Factor!"

That stable owned.

e: IGOTEVERYTHINGIEVERWANTED ANDI'LLNEVERGIVETHATBAAAAAAACK

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Shine posted:

That stable owned.

e: IGOTEVERYTHINGIEVERWANTED ANDI'LLNEVERGIVETHATBAAAAAAACK

Of course it owned, it had X-Pac with NUNCHUCKS

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kevin Nash got un-suspendofired now that the charges are dropped. Will Raw go back to being the Kliq/NWO reunion party?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

Kevin Nash got un-suspendofired now that the charges are dropped. Will Raw go back to being the Kliq/NWO reunion party?

I hope so.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If Nash shows up and tears his quads for old times sake, I will consider it a successful appearance.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

Apparently Nash is pissed off with WWE over the whole thing so maybe not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If X-Factor had just been X-Pac and Justin Credible, I could have been into it. But then they added Albert and I was instantly out.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think it's time to bring back The Show Gunns.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

triplexpac posted:

Apparently Nash is pissed off with WWE over the whole thing so maybe not.

Yeah but HBK tweeted at him in response to that telling him to show up so it's gotta be a "surprise" return.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So is it bad that I wish Sin Cara would win the Royal Rumble, and then unmask to be Dolph Ziggler?

Sadly, never happen (booking, different builds and, oh yeah, tattoos), but it’s been over seven years. It’s high time to rerun the Dean Malenko/Cicople angle!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

X-Factor was my absolute favorite thing while it was happening. I have no idea why. They certainly didn't really do anything super cool, but for whatever reason they were it for me.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

TheJoker138 posted:

If X-Factor had just been X-Pac and Justin Credible, I could have been into it. But then they added Albert and I was instantly out.

Albert owns and you are a dork.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shine posted:

Albert owns and you are a dork.

I love Albert now, but this is pre-Japan Albert who loving sucked.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Opponents for Ascension? Two words:

Brooklyn, Brooklyn.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bhester posted:

In regards to Main Event not being available on WWE Network is it possible that WWE would switch the roles of Main Event and Superstars giving Superstars content relevant to the main shows and putting the undercard matches with no storyline implications on Main Event?
Turning Main Event into an inferior product seems like an idea that would piss off Sky.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

I can't comprehend this post, because Albert is a good guy, and the other two are moronic shitbags.

TheJoker138 posted:

I love Albert now, but this is pre-Japan Albert who loving sucked.

I dunno, that Albert had a good match with Kane (KANE!) and some fun stuff here and there with Taker.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Phenix Rising posted:

X-Factor was my absolute favorite thing while it was happening. I have no idea why. They certainly didn't really do anything super cool, but for whatever reason they were it for me.

I remember that during the Invasion feud time, X-Factor was pretty much the only group that didn't have an ECW/WCW feud.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Fair point. I have Hulu, so it doesn't really affect me.. I was just curious.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Red posted:

I can't comprehend this post, because Albert is a good guy, and the other two are moronic shitbags.

I liked watching them in the ring during that time frame, and not Albert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Astro7x posted:

I remember that during the Invasion feud time, X-Factor was pretty much the only group that didn't have an ECW/WCW feud.

wasn't x-pac in a feud with tajiri for the cruserweight title or something? i know they had a match at summerslam

• Locked thread