Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

As I said, scum can actually scumhunt, which means there's less empty cases and you have to watch more for the scum mentality behind their cases/posts. It's more subtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Byers2142 posted:

Column B. But I'm right.

like, the logical deduction here feels like you're on a scum team and that's why you know this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Byers2142 posted:

As I said, scum can actually scumhunt, which means there's less empty cases and you have to watch more for the scum mentality behind their cases/posts. It's more subtle.

this is just a bonker's thing to presume with NO reasoning whatsoever

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

I find it curious how you called out Dick for this when I did the exact same thing

Dick was first to jump on Sal, you were much later. There's a difference in timing, tone, and situation. Your Sal case was lazy, but he felt like he was posting to change the dialogue.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

this is just a bonker's thing to presume with NO reasoning whatsoever

That part isn't presumption, it's my experience of the difference between the two types of games.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Byers2142 posted:

Dick was first to jump on Sal, you were much later. There's a difference in timing, tone, and situation. Your Sal case was lazy, but he felt like he was posting to change the dialogue.

Excuse me.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Sandwolf posted:

who would you like to lunch instead?

i'm still on sal

it was just a general statement on my thought process, but i guess i'll not do that anymore since y'all are super aggro 100% of the time about everything

Amnistar posted:

There is a distinct difference between, "before we lunch sal we should talk about X" and "weave time left, wait on the lunch."

yes this is my bad i should've been more clear for the people in the back of the room

i'm outta here for a while. you guys are making me really loving mad

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Byers2142 posted:

The gently caress is this logic?

sal has poisoned the well

can u not swear ples

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
also

##unvote

i'm not gonna be involved. i don't need a voice in the matter.

i don't care anymore. y'all're making this extremely unfun imo

i'll see you later if i calm down

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

you can make general statements of your thought processes, you're encouraged to, but people need to be allowed to disagree with that

and for those of us who have been playing for a while we have seen this argument hash out a dozen times, and even when we do agree to give it more time, it invariably ends up one hour before deadline as we're desperate to pull together enough votes to lunch

if we all agree Sal is the guy for today, we can't even analyze people's votes on him until he flips, what can we talk about? other people who are scummy? but those people's actions may immediately need to be reanalyzed after Sal flips, so we can't even come to some sort of conclusions about where to focus attention D2

so really, if we all more or less agree it should be Sal, let's do the business

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Excuse me.

Sal asked him about before you voted him.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

as for why i think sal's town despite the awful awful awful posts so far...

um, hello? scum actually read the words they're typing before they post them. because scum are self-conscious about being found. scum also has a team they can talk to out of thread and answer questions such as "hey, what is the town alignment called?"

there is absolutely no way a scum player continues to be this confused about it genuinely. so he's either town or scum has expressly decided to keep up the confusion in some sort of wifom attempt

if you think his confusion is real, he's town. case closed

This is a good point, I hadn't considered that a scum player could just have his buddies explain everything to him in their chat. ##unvote

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tommunist posted:

sal has poisoned the well

can u not swear ples

"Let's lynch him even if he is town" is a bad case; it comes from an anti-town mentality.

Right now, my scum list is Steak, you, and toal barring an explanation of the Rarity discrepancy in his posts.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Byers2142 posted:

"Let's lynch him even if he is town" is a bad case; it comes from an anti-town mentality.

Right now, my scum list is Steak, you, and toal barring an explanation of the Rarity discrepancy in his posts.

lmao

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

you can make general statements of your thought processes, you're encouraged to, but people need to be allowed to disagree with that

and for those of us who have been playing for a while we have seen this argument hash out a dozen times, and even when we do agree to give it more time, it invariably ends up one hour before deadline as we're desperate to pull together enough votes to lunch

if we all agree Sal is the guy for today, we can't even analyze people's votes on him until he flips, what can we talk about? other people who are scummy? but those people's actions may immediately need to be reanalyzed after Sal flips, so we can't even come to some sort of conclusions about where to focus attention D2

so really, if we all more or less agree it should be Sal, let's do the business

I happen to agree with the mentality behind this post, I just disagree on Sal as the lynch. I don't like the deadline play, am sad it's still here.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The more times I read Sal's posts the more I'm convinced it's just a massive fuckup from trying to Mafia at Work and the ensuing frustration and confusion all fits in that framework to me.

My biggest scum read right now is Toalpaz, there's a few wandering votes and not a lot else. I'm also really suspicious of Mr. Steak based primarily on the whole influence transfer/interactions with Byers.

My strong town right now are:

Byers2142
soscannonballs

Anyone else is somewhere in the between. I want to re-read, at some point:

Sandwolf (the watch-tapping thing rubbed me the wrong way)
Rarity (generally braggadocios about previous plays as a tool to gain authority)
Tommunist (Sal lunch collateral damage plan seems weird)
Amnistar (honestly think I missed a bunch of their posts reading between doing work stuff today and just am not familiar with their body of work)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Folks, its scum along after all. :pensive:

##vote humalong

if someone asks me why I'm voting someone day one I encourage you to read the person I'm voting because the answer is always going to be 'gut read of their day one content'.

I voted rarity and then read more and decided rarity was town. She was also my second vote, so what the hell DKG. Why don't you ask rarity why she voted 5 people in the first five minutes of this game.

JJ just read whoever I voted for I don't need to explain myself its day one.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Toalpaz posted:

##vote humalong

if someone asks me why I'm voting someone day one I encourage you to read the person I'm voting because the answer is always going to be 'gut read of their day one content'.

I voted rarity and then read more and decided rarity was town. She was also my second vote, so what the hell DKG. Why don't you ask rarity why she voted 5 people in the first five minutes of this game.

And when I say I don't need to explain myself, really what I mean is asking people to expand on empty day one votes is fake content at worst. IMO. It can be low effort town play but like, is there really a point?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

And when I say I don't need to explain myself, really what I mean is asking people to expand on empty day one votes is fake content at worst. IMO. It can be low effort town play but like, is there really a point?

I don't think asking people to expand on day 1 votes is bad, people just need to be ready for "that one post rubbed me the wrong way" answers.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

SalTheBard (7): Amnistar, soscannonballs, Tobbs Gnawed, tpink, Tobbs Gnawed, merk, Rarity, tpink, Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, Sandwolf, mikeycp, Tommunist, SalTheBard, Rarity, mikeycp, soscannonballs
Rarity (4): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, DGK2000, tpink, Mr. Steak, b-minus1
Mr. Steak (2): Tommunist, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard, merk, Byers2142, merk, Tommunist, SalTheBard
Byers2142 (2): Rarity, Dick Bastardly, Rarity, Rarity
Sandwolf (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Jon Joe, Tobbs Gnawed
Mr. Humalong (1): Toalpaz
Retro Futurist (0): mikeycp, mikeycp
Toalpaz (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
mikeycp (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Gumball Gumption (0): Amnistar, merk, merk, Amnistar
Tommunist (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Jon Joe (0): Toalpaz, Tobbs Gnawed, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz, Tobbs Gnawed, Retro Futurist
tpink (0): Rarity, Rarity
merk (0): tpink, tpink
Dick Bastardly (0): Jon Joe, Jon Joe

Not Voting (6): cheese sandwich, Gumball Gumption, Hal Incandenza, mikeycp, ShallNoiseUpon, soscannonballs

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 02nd, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
whoa things got really quiet after that failed sal push

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

b-minus1 posted:

whoa things got really quiet after that failed sal push

Yeah, I feel like scum were all on there. The "We're close to hammer don't want to end the day early" thing definitely felt like a "look Im so townie"

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Toalpaz posted:

##vote humalong

I've already called out Rarity, again. What about her posting between 9:31AM and 12:35PM changed your mind?

Here is Rarity's post history from 9:30am on.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

Yeah, I feel like scum were all on there. The "We're close to hammer don't want to end the day early" thing definitely felt like a "look Im so townie"

Without sal flipping I don't know if scum backed off of a town bandwagon or are breathing a sigh of relief while sitting on a scumbus.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

Amnistar posted:

Without sal flipping I don't know if scum backed off of a town bandwagon or are breathing a sigh of relief while sitting on a scumbus.

With this logic, Sal's flip doesn't matter. You're agreeing that 'all scum' are currently voting Sal. There's seven people. Who is scum in there?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

hello thread, I will probably not read the 700 posts you guys made today. At least not before deadline. Also I am not a sparkle vampire I don't think

With the workload that got dropped on me yesterday I don't expect that I'm going to be super engaged before next week. If someone has a coles notes re what's going on that would be super

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

How is it that every game seems to get horny about sal right away? I like sal, let him play without raging out for a change

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

With this logic, Sal's flip doesn't matter. You're agreeing that 'all scum' are currently voting Sal. There's seven people. Who is scum in there?

Tobbs.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

cheese sandwich posted:

How is it that every game seems to get horny about sal right away? I like sal, let him play without raging out for a change

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote

Might go back to Sal but haven't read the six new pages. Will read tomorrow morning over coffee.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

People would have to listen to me ever for that to be appropriate

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Worked sucked, but I appreciate you guys for slowing down the posting for a bit

Sal seems likely town after the eventual claim, glad he didn’t get got already. He’s not 100% out of the water because I don’t love the hedging around being pushed to make reads but the scumslip part seems overblown at this point

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers is being very scummy, like overtly so, I can’t figure out how anything he is doing is helpful to town. I’d definitely ##vote Byers

I don’t like rarities play around Sal, still haven’t gone back to read the early day stuff, checking that now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

I sure am!

##vote tpink

This is probably the one rarity bit that I really don’t like. This vote seems to be serious and comes after a tpink post that doesn’t provide much context for the vote nor does rarity offer one or even really return to this read. The rest of her voting and posting though seems fine and reasoned and I don’t see her being all that different than her last game. I certainly sympathize with the explanation of mafia effort being related to free time available.

Sorry people that wanted me to look at rarity, I think the points against her are not compelling at this time

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Sal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is the scum on the Sal vote?

Meh, that’s a humorous answer but also a cop-out response

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I left the game at the point where Sal was looking suss for a weird joke post about being a vamp and 200+ posts I didn't read later and here we are. Is there anything I should go back and look at specifically or should I just go back to where I left off (:whitewater:) or neither?? In the mean time of waiting for a consensus, I shall go back to where I left off (:whitewater:)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

Sal :ironicat:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

lot of people coming in here all "i don't wanna read all these posts but what happened???? sal....................bad???"

just loving read lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

real talk I think Tobbs and Tommu are the most likely scum on the Sal vote

could also see merk or mikeycp