Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

"If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

A good ol fashioned kick in the nutz, gets em every time

naem
May 29, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

The ol' spicy snake apple trick

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Quick, look behind you!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Well, when you're out of control, and the gods want to stop you, so they find some hairy beastman and literally gently caress him civilized, then send him to fight you, but the two of you wind up becoming buds and going on adventures.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The ol’ spicy keychain

Oh I forgot to mention that Abel gave Cain the ol’ spicy keychain and that’s why Cain killed him. The stuff about sacrifices to God was all bullshit Cain made up ‘cause he kinda felt like a dick afterward for killing his bro over a prank.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

edit: no im wrong

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The oldest tick in the book is making someone look at something that isn't there. "What in the world can that be!"

In the parlance of the 1970s, making someone look left while you duck right is called "Giving them the Ol' Okie Doke."

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
TO settle all the PM's I've been getting, the trickiest old is, of course, Slippery Joe. This is NOT up for debate, and I will be IGNORING any more PMs sent to me about this.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure that the oldest trick in the book involves a penis in some way or another...

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Selling substandard copper.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Cumming in your hand before you shake the hand of someone famous.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/MJMcKean/status/1268351110093275142?s=19

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Pull my finger

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

I believe we have strong contenders with "stop hitting yourself" and "boxing glove on a spring"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It's on the CD, OP.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The last-second drop on a high five is always a classic

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The ol' box of popcorn on your lap in the cinema and your friend reaches for a handful and grabs your dick which is sticking through the bottom trick.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Remember when we used to drink barley beer and go around scratching "BONER" on people's mud-brick walls? It would have been funnier if most of the population wasn't illiterate, but us scribes thought it was hilarious. Especially when we convinced that one guy it was a curse-tablet.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's your mum, OP. The easiest, too.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

It's this.

We didn't have shoelaces or doors or bags in the oldest days. This was the very first trick we came up with to get one over on a person that really annoyed you.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It's this.

We didn't have shoelaces or doors or bags in the oldest days. This was the very first trick we came up with to get one over on a person that really annoyed you.

Right, but by that logic, "pretending to go one way but then going another" would have happened back when we only swam.

The thing is, these both predate the book. Which is why my nomination would instead be "pooping someone else's pants"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The oldest documented magic trick is wrenching the head off a dove and then bringing it back to life, from some ancient Egyptian book (...scroll?) whose name I can't recall.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Bruceski posted:

The oldest documented magic trick is wrenching the head off a dove and then bringing it back to life, from some ancient Egyptian book (...scroll?) whose name I can't recall.
the westcar papyrus

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgO1LUijb0k

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

!Klams posted:

... my nomination would instead be "pooping someone else's pants"

Does this mean pooping in someone else's pants so they put on pants full of your poop, or does it mean sneaking them a high dose of laxatives? Both would be pretty good tricks.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It's the trick where you say "What's that?" while pointing at someone's shirt/tunic/chest, and then when they look down bringing your outstretched finger up to quickly but lightly thwap their nose.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Lotta people posting oldest tricks here, neglecting the "in the book" part. Since some page 1 poster posted that the epic of gilgamesh is the oldest book, I think we've got to accept that the oldest trick in the book is when you get a prostitute to gently caress a wildman into joining civilization

then, psyche! turns out civilization loving sucks!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SipLcrPmPOQ

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 21, 2020

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Getting someone to pay money to have their dick pleasured OP.

old profession does the oldest trick its simple op

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Me

:(

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

BigBadSteve posted:

Does this mean pooping in someone else's pants so they put on pants full of your poop, or does it mean sneaking them a high dose of laxatives? Both would be pretty good tricks.
Whatever gets the job done.

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Farting on your husbands lap when he ain't expecting it

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Suckin out the rear end lining for to make sausage

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

What's ligma?