Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Enderzero posted:

Tweetbot is not working for me. even tried downloading the I guess new client and it won’t login.

yeah they made a new api app or something and now that one is blocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

necrotic posted:

(scratching neck addictedly) haha no problem hopefully it’s just an outage

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Luigi Thirty posted:

good news about republicans and EVs though

https://www.engadget.com/wyoming-wants-to-phase-out-sales-of-new-e-vs-by-2035-200704042.html

Wyoming wants to ban EV sales whine to Gavin Newsom (???) about electric cars killing the oil industry

Senator Boner, one of the bill’s co-sponsors,

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

good news about republicans and EVs though

https://www.engadget.com/wyoming-wants-to-phase-out-sales-of-new-e-vs-by-2035-200704042.html

Wyoming wants to ban EV sales whine to Gavin Newsom (???) about electric cars killing the oil industry

oh no, one of those rectangular states that nobody can identify without a map and whose entire population is roughly the same as the capital city of a small european country is threatening to do something. how will the world survive?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol not because of anything twitter did, just because tweetbot tried "hey i wonder if we can just get new api keys, would that work"

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/15/23556359/tweetbot-twitter-online-third-party-apps-outage

lmaooooo that's even better

necrotic posted:

and better. twitter playing api whack-a-mole with the app everyone loves is the type of anti-consumer sentiment only lonny can do

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

The_Franz posted:

oh no, one of those rectangular states that nobody can identify without a map and whose entire population is roughly the same as the capital city of a small european country is threatening to do something. how will the world survive?

population of Wyoming: 581,000
that would make it the 16th most populous county in California.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Management posted:

population of Wyoming: 581,000
that would make it the 16th most populous county in California.

using the 2020 census numbers, if the entire state of wyoming was a city, it would the the 32nd largest city in the us, just beating out albuquerque

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol Doug D. answering the question Why are people fleeing the TESLA brand? while taking v-e-r-y careful steps to not piss off Bazingas and Car Buyers in general (his paycheque)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT-9_As6qq4

tl;dw: Between Musk tarnishing the brand's rep through his rep, high interest rates slowing spending (and earning,) and more new EV supply (both from Tesla and the much fresher, better competitors,) he figures base model 3s might bottom out around $20K US, basically implying they're only worth what a Corolla would be in the current climate.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

yeah and on the other hand you get a Corolla, a car that works

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
and it will work for 30 years

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Luigi Thirty posted:

yeah and on the other hand you get a Corolla, a car that works

yeah, there's a compelling argument for $20k not being low enough.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cheese eats mouse posted:

and it will work for 30 years

that’s the big thing. You can put 300k miles on a Corolla no issue

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

teslas should be seen for what they are. disposable toy cars. scaled up traxxas

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

akadajet posted:

teslas should be seen for what they are. disposable toy cars. scaled up traxxas

the early model s' are about to hit a big downward slope on battery range and charge rates, going to be real interesting to see how that's dealt with.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 WARP

PotatoJudge posted:

the early model s' are about to hit a big downward slope on battery range and charge rates, going to be real interesting to see how that's dealt with.

you won't care

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

pay me and I will drive a tesla

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Tesla hasn't ever had a significant redesign of one of their existing cars, and

Uh you're forgetting the roadster 2.0 that goes 0-60 in 1 second and also can fly

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Uh you're forgetting the roadster 2.0 that goes 0-60 in 1 second and also can fly

it'll never get faa certification

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
"where we're going, we won't need certification"

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

"where we're going, we won't need certification"

true, because it will never ship

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
no laws in international waters

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Beeftweeter posted:

ah yes the "move fash and break things" strategy

TerminalRaptor posted:

If we haven't had this as a thread title already, this needs to be one

:mods:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

PotatoJudge posted:

3 years ago I bought a used model S in part cause they gave an 8 year battery warranty (and a 4-year everything else warranty). Also cause there weren't really any other used electrics at the time.

That "everything else" warranty has resulted in them cheating me out of free repairs in various ways, eg the mirror cover broke on my sun visor and they didn't have the original part so they charged me several hundred dollars for the "upgrade". They also attempted to charge me to install the (legally-required) front-license plate frame that they removed from the car before purchase just to make it look prettier in photos. To this day whenever I see a car around here missing a front license plate 95% of the time it's a Tesla, and this is not a coincidence.

I recognize this is basically fraud so my current plan is to just tally it all together and then take them to small claims court when the (4-year) warranty runs out.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

no laws in international waters

there's the law of the sea: that all lithium ion batteries must eventually return home to their spawning grounds

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

ShadowHawk posted:

3 years ago I bought a used model S in part cause they gave an 8 year battery warranty (and a 4-year everything else warranty). Also cause there weren't really any other used electrics at the time.

That "everything else" warranty has resulted in them cheating me out of free repairs in various ways, eg the mirror cover broke on my sun visor and they didn't have the original part so they charged me several hundred dollars for the "upgrade". They also attempted to charge me to install the (legally-required) front-license plate frame that they removed from the car before purchase just to make it look prettier in photos. To this day whenever I see a car around here missing a front license plate 95% of the time it's a Tesla, and this is not a coincidence.

I recognize this is basically fraud so my current plan is to just tally it all together and then take them to small claims court when the (4-year) warranty runs out.

love the car though

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Ultraklystron posted:

tl;dw: Between Musk tarnishing the brand's rep through his rep, high interest rates slowing spending (and earning,) and more new EV supply (both from Tesla and the much fresher, better competitors,) he figures base model 3s might bottom out around $20K US, basically implying they're only worth what a Corolla would be in the current climate.

corolla holds its value way goddamn better, and will last longer. There is no way a base model 3 will ever be made at 20k, musk already nixed the 32k model because it was massively unprofitable. They never will have the volume to drop it to 20k. maybe with a production line like the leaf and bolt but they dont have the money to even try and develop that.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

corolla holds its value way goddamn better, and will last longer. There is no way a base model 3 will ever be made at 20k, musk already nixed the 32k model because it was massively unprofitable. They never will have the volume to drop it to 20k. maybe with a production line like the leaf and bolt but they dont have the money to even try and develop that.

I think they meant used, Teslas over the next few years look like they are going to depreciate like a luxury car while they only cost about as much as the nice crossovers people buy anyway.

A used 3 year old Corolla costs $20k. I looked around Autotrader, that gets you a Corolla with 40k-50k miles. Soon, a used Model 3 of similar age and mileage will cost the same.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
looking forward to buying whole model 3s to strip for drive train and suspension components for electric car builds

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

The Management posted:

suspension components for electric car builds

uhhhhhhhh

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

womp and circumstance

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

ShadowHawk posted:

okay, so you... love the car? or

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

whomp and circumstance

lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

womp and circumstance

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1614822040929964032?s=20

(robert evans voice) the JEWWWWWWWWWS

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

The Management posted:

looking forward to buying whole model 3s to strip for drive train and suspension components for electric car builds

hmm yes, love to strip cars for suspension components that break in half because they are cast aluminium trash

back when german car shaggar was posting in this thread (or an older variant thereof), he said something akin to "if control arms started cracking at toyota, the executives would start googleing 'how do i commit seppuku', because that means that something went extraordinarily wrong and heads are going to roll"

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 16, 2023

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

i acn only assume hes reading those memes about cashing your soros checks and thinking theyre real

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://bid.hgpauction.com/auctions/8421/herita10194?page=1&pageSize=60

some cheap espresso machines, projectors, screens etc

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bump_fn posted:

i acn only assume hes reading those memes about cashing your soros checks and thinking theyre real

Well he's never getting one now.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

3 imacs huh? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

need to cop this for the yospos coworking space im opening in the dogpatch q3 2023
https://bid.hgpauction.com/auctions/8421/herita10194/lot-details/6db3e1b4-a543-4c6f-a7fb-af6c006a275f