Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

A few things I can think of:

- Poacher's Mark will give more phys damage, and 20% quality on it will give Stone Golems 5% chance to get a frenzy charge on boss hit. If you're not instantly gibbing some bosses, it's a lot of DPS for 1 gem slot

- Your chest armour isn't doing a whole lot for you besides a little more resists. For 4.5 EX right now, I'm seeing a Skin of the Loyal with a +1 to socketed gems corruption (for +2 total), which is RRRRRG. Just swap out your Minion Damage for Damage on Full Life, and you've got +2 Stone Golem levels, for 30% More DPS according to PoB. For 8EX there's one with the same colors but also adds on 50% reduced extra critical strike damage taken in addition to the +2, so you get a 30% DPS boost and a huge one-shot survival boost.

https://poe.trade/search/uhiyerubetoeni

- It is not impossible to get a Darkness Enthroned that is better than that Stygian Vise combo. Remember it's 75% increased effect now... maybe check that out on PoB and see what jewels you can nab on the market that would sort your resists and boost the golems too.

Thanks for the suggestions! Poacher's Mark is a super easy swap in and can just replace Phase Run in my build most of the time. Darkness Enthroned seems like a solid way to go too, but decent jewels get expensive really fast there - probably still worth pursuing since the belt on its own is so cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Before you object to calling that word a slur, consider that you sound exactly like someone objecting to calling words like trap, the f word, or tranny slurs.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Edit - I've said my piece and don't think that I'm adding any more by continuing the discussion.

pork never goes bad fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 9, 2020

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Vasudus posted:

I really don't even care about the portal, I don't like it and probably won't ever use it. At 34 I get the challenge totem that will match 70% of my other totems, so that's what I really want. And fortunately that's just like 6 or 7 woke map bonuses left which is super easy.

But god, some of those challenges loving suck. 300 room reveals is, conservatively speaking, approximately 250k markers. Plus you have to actually have the reveals in the first place, and you're probably wasting about half of them because there's no way to get all the chests in time (nor are all the chests even worth revealing/opening)

The 75k quant challenge is also a motherfucker if you're not running in a dedicated group with highly juiced maps. I'm about halfway there and I have 3 characters past level 90.

Forget about doing The Twins conditional. It's most likely bugged in the first place, but at current prices assuming you executed everything flawlessly you're looking at 30-40ex because you have to buy the map *at least* twice.

Didn't see this posted yet, it's still gonna be as expensive but at least you were right Vas - this is deployed a while ago (hotfix)

Poe Twitter posted:

3.12.3c Patch Notes:

Heist Improvements

Blueprint Heist Targets which are Item Rewards now generate 1 to 3 item levels higher than the area level.
Fixed a bug where some Heist monsters could use their skills through closed Heist doors.
Fixed a bug preventing Tibbs and Niles from opening locked Heist Chests when you used the League Interface hotkey.
Fixed a bug where the "Reveal Entire Wing" button in the Blueprint Reveal UI didn't give the right amount of progress towards the "Reveal Rooms" step of the "Complete Heist Encounters IV" challenge.
Fixed an issue that prevented the "Defeat The Twins Conditionally" challenge from being completed.
Fixed an issue where you were unable to open a Unique Quest Contract if you had obtained it while already in The Rogue Harbour unless you left the area and returned.
Fixed a bug where the "+X to Brute Force Level" modifier displayed "+X to Perception Level".

General Improvements

Fixed a bug introduced in 3.12.3 which prevented some players from opening Conqueror's Citadel maps.
Fixed a bug with some skills where holding down a hotkey to use a skill while you had insufficient mana to use that skill would only default attack once, rather than continuing to default attack until you had enough mana to use that skill.
Fixed a bug where Life Flask and Mana Flask Charges gained by hitting an enemy cursed with Sniper's Mark were not correctly limited to one charge every 0.5 seconds.
Fixed a bug where Wither supported by Spell Totem didn't follow its target if that target moved from its initial location.
Fixed a bug where a smoke cloud's appearance would flash yellow momentarily.

Crash Fixes

Fixed an instance crash that could occur after you left an area.
Fixed an instance crash that could occur when fighting a Metamorph.
Fixed an instance crash that could occur when using Mercenary's Lot unique gloves.
Fixed a "Texture index out-of-bounds" client crash.

As this patch has been deployed restartlessly on the servers you will need to restart your client to receive the client fixes. For those requiring the Conqueror's Citadel fix to take effect (and on while this patch was deployed) you'll have to create a new Hideout through Helena, or let your Hideout instance timeout.

The extra 1-3 item levels on reward room items is also kind of interesting! I still really like this league so I'm gonna stick around for another char or two. Currently working on an autobomber which heist kindly provided a sick rear end staff for!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

pork never goes bad posted:

Edit - I've said my piece and don't think that I'm adding any more by continuing the discussion.

It came up in 5555 earlier tonight, some folks had decided that actually it’s ok to use

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Krolm posted:

The extra 1-3 item levels on reward room items is also kind of interesting! I still really like this league so I'm gonna stick around for another char or two. Currently working on an autobomber which heist kindly provided a sick rear end staff for!

Got an 86 astrolabe amulet from a curio display, best thing to spam chaos orbs on

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
:siren: Mod Update :siren:

Some of you may have noticed that Vasudus now has a gray star. He's your new thread IK. As such, the former automatic probes for importing drama are being lifted. Importing drama is still against forum rules, but it'll go back to the default, which is judging on a case by case basis. With luck, this is the last time you'll see me post in this thread.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Some of you may have noticed that Vasudus now has a gray star. He's your new thread IK. As such, the former automatic probes for importing drama are being lifted. Importing drama is still against forum rules, but it'll go back to the default, which is judging on a case by case basis. With luck, this is the last time you'll see me post in this thread.

Should have just blanket banned imported drama permanently instead of assigning Iks to every single thread that has a less than peaceful moment at any point in time, imho.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

condolences for your misfortune, vasudus

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hahahaha they got you vas, they really got you

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin
I'd say you deserve this Vas, but that'd be mean spirited - so I'll say thank you for your service!

ps: now you can't quit, how can we respect a man without 36 challenges?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Was I... Am I...? I am the High Templar... Vasudus? It's starting to make sense now. I sought power to wield against the evil...

... And I found it. Yes, this is a start. This is more than I possibly could have hoped for when I drew the blade and awoke -- yes, of course! Now I can protect Wraeclast properly.

Demons, child. Countless. They watch us from the darkness. They claw at the thin veil that keeps our world separated from theirs. A great tide of evil that wishes only to crash down upon us and sweep our civilisation into oblivion. But I will stand against it.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

cheetah7071 posted:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

please knock Mom! posted:

Hahahaha they got you vas, they really got you

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

:perfect:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He got Krangled.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
My condolences to vasudus

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My keyboard broke and my W key literally stopped working so I could not generate Endurance Charges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZirXVpvDo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think this means you have to play with the on-screen keyboard now.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In all seriousness though, which boss do you folks think is gonna rip me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elentor posted:

Malachai

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Elentor posted:

Sirus

SpacePope fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 9, 2020

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Kitava. The degen gonna mess you up.

Avarius is another strong contender since you'll have multiple bullet hell phases to deal with.

Who?

nerox
May 20, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

All hail Vasudus, first of his name.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrIc1SlA7O8

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've been playing a phys vaal skele build since the beginning and the damage has been improved by a lot with the syndicate ops.

I have been doing everything with a queens escape since it's an auto +1 to specs and lets me fully six link skeletons and spectres.

the amount of impales being dropped and some supports now giving chance to bleeds means there is a point a bosses health just dumps out. the skeletons don't live long, but much more disposable for what they are technically free impales for the ops.

now I tried to do the new hotness of converting everything to cold and man, it feels bad.

sure, I might not get far with half assed levelled gems but I would have thought lvl 20 spectre synd ops would at least get me though a yellow.

I followed Kay's guide then balor mage's guide especially for cold (ballors guide removes minion damage passives??) but nothing it really working.

went back to the queens escape and also abusing the fact I can call of steel off of juicy corpse impales to blow up heist clogs quite quickly.

Blunt Instrument
Apr 4, 2008

How can you shoot
(hot dogs at) women or children?

Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Hahaha! Ain't ball hell?!

Glorious.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

EVIL Gibson posted:

now I tried to do the new hotness of converting everything to cold and man, it feels bad.

sure, I might not get far with half assed levelled gems but I would have thought lvl 20 spectre synd ops would at least get me though a yellow.

I followed Kay's guide then balor mage's guide especially for cold (ballors guide removes minion damage passives??) but nothing it really working.

went back to the queens escape and also abusing the fact I can call of steel off of juicy corpse impales to blow up heist clogs quite quickly.

Are you triggering elemental equilibrium? You need to be bringing down enemies cold resistance for cold conversion to be worthwhile.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

I've just now noticed that his name is Sirus, not Sirius, and now I feel dumb.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

My work here is done then.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Man Zana gave me the option to pick cortex out of the maps in her daily and I tried and I didn't die until what I think was the final phase and ended up dying all the time due to the constantly increasing stuff on the ground.

Archmage Fireball Ignite was not doing enough damage fast enough I guess. Sad because I was doing that fight so well until that nonsense.

Def gonna increase my dps more before trying the Shaper and Elder fights

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Zenithe posted:

I have made a LOT of currency today doing this, so sharing it. It does require Alva however, so I know that will immediately put people off though.

Upgrade Hall of Offerings to level 3.

Buy a Mask of the Spirit Drinker (~20c) and a Vial of Summoning (~20c)

Put both into the sacrificial chamber and get a Mask of the Stitched Demon (~200c)

Good luck exiles!

(there are probably other better ways to make money with this, and you can also try for a headhunter too with this temple room, I am Bad at this game)

Thanks for posting this, though - it reminded me "hey, I think I have an Apex of Ascension waiting right now", and sure enough I did. So I bought those things and made the other thing rather than doing what I usually do, which is tossing in a random lovely unique and getting Bramblejack.

Also, in the next room over an Atziri's Foible dropped, which is not only a few more chaos (although it would have been a LOT more earlier in the league), but actually something I've wanted to use for my guy but had put off so far because it was stupidly expensive this league so far compared to usual. Although I used a pretty good amulet instead, so now I have to decide if trading about 200 life is worth gaining a shitload of mana and regen (it is; just have to say goodbye to my precious DOOM TORC Turqoise Amulet). Maybe today is my day for Ex drops based on this early luck.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

needs to be krangled

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Zenithe posted:

I have made a LOT of currency today doing this, so sharing it. It does require Alva however, so I know that will immediately put people off though.

Upgrade Hall of Offerings to level 3.

Buy a Mask of the Spirit Drinker (~20c) and a Vial of Summoning (~20c)

Put both into the sacrificial chamber and get a Mask of the Stitched Demon (~200c)

Good luck exiles!

(there are probably other better ways to make money with this, and you can also try for a headhunter too with this temple room, I am Bad at this game)

I did this earlier in the season with Omeyocan and made about 130c in profit. Super easy and would recommend for anyone who lucks into getting a T3 sac room. I think that temple run had a wealth of the Vaal in it too, but sadly they’d fixed the mirror shard drop at that point.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
listen buddy they don't even let me krangle it

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
That feel when you hit an Exalt in a Heist and see the old man double it. 🥳

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

Malachai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPiSo0njNI

This is the sloest campaign ever.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think based upon how little the Malachai dinged you even while sitting the degen pool, I think the only thing that will kill you during the campaign will be sheer boredom.

Have fun dealing with Kitava's weird hitboxes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Hey just so I can get it in writing, the r-word is a slur, right? And we shouldn’t be throwing slurs around in 5555 goon global chat?

Unfortunately there's no way to moderate global channels, so it's basically a free for all for lovely people.

also congratulations and/or condolences vas