Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/Rickyexp/status/1296116778138034178

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i managed to get 5 in a row without friends on ps4, and i would be shocked if i ever managed to pull it off again. in the course of 25 minigames, i got 7 team games, and the 5th finale was 16-person hex-a-gone.

one of my proudest platinum trophies. couldnt imagine trying to do it on pc with the added fun of hackers ruining your streaks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
People who block the single yellow path on Slime Climb are monsters

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I just lost a Fall Ball match 4-7. My team was winning 4-0...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

wologar posted:

I just lost a Fall Ball match 4-7. My team was winning 4-0...

Did the other team get a last second golden egg and final ball?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

haha what posted:

i managed to get 5 in a row without friends on ps4, and i would be shocked if i ever managed to pull it off again. in the course of 25 minigames, i got 7 team games, and the 5th finale was 16-person hex-a-gone.

one of my proudest platinum trophies. couldnt imagine trying to do it on pc with the added fun of hackers ruining your streaks.

Congrats! I just got this done also. Was literally thinking "If I win this would that be 3 or 4 in a row?" Turns it out was 5. Also, I got it on the most bullshit last second take possible:

https://twitter.com/HulkaMatt/status/1298808157804924933

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

HulkaMatt posted:

Also, I got it on the most bullshit last second take possible:

If I was that other person I'd be so drat mad. Nice though.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Just got my first win in the Jump Showdown by practicing jump diving between the two poles as they swing around together. If you do this you can squeeze through most of the time. All 9 of us made it to the last platform both came across at the exact time I cleared it all 8 others got stuck. Feels good that practice paid off.

Also found out that in Tip Toe just grab onto others while in the pile near the front it makes you harder to push off. Just finished a 24 person Tip Toe what a cluster gently caress. 14 player fall mountain is nuts.

Is there a discord for this where goons can lobby up?

Beefed Owl fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 27, 2020

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

For those on PC, maybe sharing of Steam IDs would work?

I always groan when I see second round Slime Climb. That map with 38+ remaining contestants redefines the word 'clusterfuck'.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1299065495166103554

Season 2 sneak peek

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

It's great they are making multiple new levels. One looks like it involves pushing blocks around in order to use them as steps.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Block pushing one looks like it's gonna have the same "free ride or do the work?" conundrum as See Saw.

Just standing on a tall block going "Yes minions, push me to victory"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

PostNouveau posted:

Block pushing one looks like it's gonna have the same "free ride or do the work?" conundrum as See Saw.

Just standing on a tall block going "Yes minions, push me to victory"

Yeah I immediately thought I'm gonna love that map for the same reason I love seesaw (I actually enjoy seesaw) complete with even more room for spite. Like folks abandoning freeloaders, or knocking stuff out of the way.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
My bean is prepared.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I just hope that sneak peak doesn't mean the game isn't getting new maps or tweaks until season 2, since a fresh rotation is gonna be what keeps people playing or drop this game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fix tail tag you fucks

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

RBA Starblade posted:

Fix tail tag you fucks

Fix the terrible netcode that causes tail tag and all other games that using the grabbing mechanics to perform terribly.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
the new costumes look great in that preview.

re: tail tag, ive actually liked it better recently. before, it seemed whenever i managed to finally snag a tail, whoever i snagged it from would just turn and immediately snatch it back. that hasn't happened to me in a while. still tough to get a tail sometimes.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hell yea cant wait to get Sparta'd off a tower

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Phil Layshow posted:

still tough to get a tail sometimes.

Gotta ambush. Hide behind something and watch them come to you.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Watch videos of people playing slime climb and learn the shortcuts. Most arent tough and i got 1st twice in a row.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Watch videos of people playing slime climb and learn the shortcuts. Most arent tough and i got 1st twice in a row.

I wish I could practice courses without people on them because the random times I'm in the front row on Slime Climb, I can't convert on the shortcuts I've seen.

Of course 70% of the time on Slime Climb you're just in a crush of 20 people just trying to get by.

Actually, I've never looked for a practice mode. For all I know there's already one.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it is awfully funny the number of people in tail tag who can't figure out that it's very easy to cut you off when your strategy is to run around on the extreme perimeter of the level

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

people really like to run along the far, long edge of circular areas. don't they remember geometry class?? :eng99:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
For me, the only shortcuts I take in Slime Climb (and only if I'm in the front) are the opening yellow triangle bounce and jumping up past the 1st of the 4-pusher segments. I don't like jumping on the hammer as I find I spend more time trying to get on it than actually being up there. Everything else is through the slow method.

Also I wish they would just make Royal Fumble 30 seconds. A full minute of it is brutal.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Fall Guys is broken as poo poo right now. Crashes if you hit "B" after losing, and does not grant you your payout. Played two games, like 25 minutes, and got nothing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jelly posted:

Fall Guys is broken as poo poo right now. Crashes if you hit "B" after losing, and does not grant you your payout. Played two games, like 25 minutes, and got nothing.

I got the same thing. It's not just if you hit B after losing; it's collecting any rewards.

You owe me a crown Fall Guys! That was a 15-person Fall Mountain I won I want my crown!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

"My crown!"

I'm sorry but I can't unsee it now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stretch Marx posted:

"My crown!"

I'm sorry but I can't unsee it now.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Since memory match is so dull I now just try to launch as many people overboard and suicide/drag someone with me on the first match

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feel like there has been a 500% increase in tail tag since this update.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

people really like to run along the far, long edge of circular areas. don't they remember geometry class?? :eng99:

If you just run along the upper part with the hammers hopping to avoid them most people don't bother you once you have a tail. Added bonus you charge a lot of people so they don't know if you have a tail or not and you can hop over them.

That tail one with 50/50 free for all though: gently caress that. Always last second hosed by someone who is 10 feet away snagging my tail.

It's more fun playing with others but most of my time is late night my steam is pteradactyl_ptaint on steam if anyone wants to group.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I make it to top of Slime Climb, then get knocked off by the poles on the final run up to finish. :negative:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Did the “hard freeze when exiting “ come back with a vengeance on PS4 withe that last update??

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Largepotato posted:

I make it to top of Slime Climb, then get knocked off by the poles on the final run up to finish. :negative:

I wish there was a practice mode just for slime climb

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
The only dangerous obstacle in Slime Climb is other players.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Fall Guys has given me see saw in >90% of games I've played in the last 2-3 days and I would like it to stop

I would prefer to play all tail grab rounds over this poo poo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

If you just run along the upper part with the hammers hopping to avoid them most people don't bother you once you have a tail.

The team tail tag is much more hectic. I can get tails by ambushing, but keeping one is much less consistent.

The solo one, you can can keep a tail by hopping around the upper parts of the purple ramps in the center, and most people can't execute those jumps consistently to chase you, and you have a lot of directions to bail out of your patterns if you see someone ahead.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

The team tail tag is much more hectic. I can get tails by ambushing, but keeping one is much less consistent.

The solo one, you can can keep a tail by hopping around the upper parts of the purple ramps in the center, and most people can't execute those jumps consistently to chase you, and you have a lot of directions to bail out of your patterns if you see someone ahead.

I use the same tactics on the solo one.

For the team tail one, I've frequently gone start to finish with the tail by just running around on top of the bridgeway surrounding the conveyor belts, diving at the corners to avoid the hammers. That route gives you bailout options too if you're chased or have head on traffic approaching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

anakha posted:

For the team tail one, I've frequently gone start to finish with the tail by just running around on top of the bridgeway surrounding the conveyor belts, diving at the corners to avoid the hammers. That route gives you bailout options too if you're chased or have head on traffic approaching.

I'll have to give that a go. I've done it a few times, but I always bail out because there is often a bunch of people with and without tails loving around at the top of the central outside ramps with that horizontal swinging hammer and I don't want to run by so many people without tails.