Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, love how Benji is all "the vaccine was rushed out! Thanks Biden!". Yeah, rushed out at, hmm, maybe "warp speed" would be a good way to put it. That crafty Biden!:bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Perfect as always, lil' Joey Biden eagerly scribbling it all down in the last panel is great.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

I've seen this exact rhetoric on this very website and it's incredibly frustrating to see.

yeah it came up every month or so in the covid thread

people predicting that Trump would rush out an unsafe vaccine (he probably would, if he could), he'd force the FDA to cover it up and lie (I'm sure he'd try that too), no career scientists would have ethical concerns and resign citing what happened or warn the public (uh, ok), and all the EU regulatory agencies would just go along with it for reasons (:psyduck:????)

luckily that stopped when preprints started coming out because there was no plausible way they could be faked

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Trump's lies and lovely record deserve to go down the drain and into the disposal. Effortless AGC.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Trump's lies and lovely record deserve to go down the drain and into the disposal. Effortless AGC.

Also, he did it to himself. I genuinely struggle to read this comic any other way

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hawkperson posted:

Also, he did it to himself. I genuinely struggle to read this comic any other way

He's clearly flipping the switch to on.

Gaybies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted. These are coming really early this year.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
I like the implication that Trump was the disgusting goop clog keeping all that sweet crime bill tax cut minority employmen energy independence operation warp speed Mideast pea juice from draining out of the great American sink.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

VitalSigns posted:

yeah it came up every month or so in the covid thread

people predicting that Trump would rush out an unsafe vaccine (he probably would, if he could), he'd force the FDA to cover it up and lie (I'm sure he'd try that too), no career scientists would have ethical concerns and resign citing what happened or warn the public (uh, ok), and all the EU regulatory agencies would just go along with it for reasons (:psyduck:????)

luckily that stopped when preprints started coming out because there was no plausible way they could be faked

The easiest way to tell if the vaccine wasn't ready would be if the pharmaceutical companies demanded immunity for it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I think the idea of the cartoon is that with Trump gone we lose... all those great things he brought, too? "You may not miss the man but think of all the good things we had with him"? Maybe?
I mean it's Bok.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If only there was some other visual metaphor for throwing out good things along with the bad things...

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Vib Rib posted:

I think the idea of the cartoon is that with Trump gone we lose... all those great things he brought, too? "You may not miss the man but think of all the good things we had with him"? Maybe?
I mean it's Bok.

Similar to my read, which is "Trump did a bunch of good stuff, and he has pissed away all of it at the last minute".

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's especially funny because at least three of those had little to nothing to do with Trump.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's especially funny because at least three of those had little to nothing to do with Trump.

And the one that is without question his is a complete and utter disaster

Korthal
May 26, 2011

It's been a while since I've seen Branco do anything. Is he still drawing democrats as utterly hateful and the MAGA folk as rational beings?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Sure is great seeing all the shitheads who lost their minds about kneeling defending the sanctity of "free speech."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

The Ape of Naples posted:

Grammatically speaking, it is a slur. Not all slurs are bad, though.

Grammatically speaking, "don't" is a slur.

Dwesa posted:

What term would they prefer? Pro-diseasers? Pro-epidemics?

The term is never actually the issue; they don't like people pointing out that the harmful rhetoric they're spouting is indeed harmful. Disagreeing with them in any way is bigotry.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Korthal posted:

It's been a while since I've seen Branco do anything. Is he still drawing democrats as utterly hateful and the MAGA folk as rational beings?

I thought he died or something but nope. Not missing much, same ol Gary McCoy tier hog slop.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

"That Jerk Rameriz"

All those words and not DEBT!!!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Joe Biden will be so scrupulously honest and free of scandal that the worst we can find is him wavering between whether he likes royal blue or azure more.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Garrison just can't quite figure out the shape of McConnell's eyeglasses but he takes his time drawing the curve of Mark Zuckerberg's nose.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
But recovering Trump-Lovers will be totally fine and normal, right

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sinfest Sunday

So I guess instead of holding the anthropomorphic year captative this time the devils are kidnapping baby Uncle Sam? I don't know why or what that's supposed to symbolize but, welp, here we go again!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just woke up my head aches and my throat's dry, it's time for another blind edit

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Weird how the only politicians they dislike are Republicans. I guess they have no issues with Democrats! Guess they must be antifa after all

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Sinfest Sunday

So I guess instead of holding the anthropomorphic year captative this time the devils are kidnapping baby Uncle Sam? I don't know why or what that's supposed to symbolize but, welp, here we go again!

If I had to analyze this incomprehensible garbage, Deviltech is going to kill 2021 but resurrect/reanimate 2020 to take its role.

Someone should tell this guy to hire a writer though because he's awful at it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Sinfest Sunday

I'm even going to pretended to understand a tiny bit of whatever the hell Sinfest is doing here.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

:jerkbag:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm even going to pretended to understand a tiny bit of whatever the hell Sinfest is doing here.

These loss edits are getting weirder and weirder.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I feel like I went to sleep years ago when Ishida did his first major course-correction/pivot against his earlier content and now I've woken up to him having done another in the interim and ended up some kind of Radical Centrist. Is this broadly correct?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

KazigluBey posted:

I feel like I went to sleep years ago when Ishida did his first major course-correction/pivot against his earlier content and now I've woken up to him having done another in the interim and ended up some kind of Radical Centrist. Is this broadly correct?

He’s a centrist in the sense that he equates the two sides and then consistently parrots rightwing talking points while denouncing the left. His main focus, though, is making GBS threads on trans people and sex workers

Kit Walker fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 17, 2021

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

After The War posted:

Sure is great seeing all the shitheads who lost their minds about kneeling defending the sanctity of "free speech."

"Freedom of speech" has only ever meant "freedom from consequences of my speech" and "right to an audience" to a lot of people.

(only applicable to people they agree with)

Thoughtless posted:

If I had to analyze this incomprehensible garbage, Deviltech is going to kill 2021 but resurrect/reanimate 2020 to take its role.

Someone should tell this guy to hire a writer though because he's awful at it.

Yeah a competent cartoonist could probably make a decent three- or four-panel strip with a metaphor for "psych, 2021 is going to be just as difficult as 2020!" Keyword here is competent.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

McCoy not only willfully misrepresenting things but not even doing a good job at it. Hrm, gee I want people who read my comic to know Jack Dorsey is the bad guy, I'll draw him as JESUS! Not Rasputin or an evil wizard or a devil or any of the dozens of other obvious good ways to portray "Guy with a beard and is bad" nope gonna go with Jesus. Everyone hates Jesus. Look at that stupid Jack Dorsey, dressing and acting like Jesus, a thing he totally does and that is bad!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Something nice about the awful app is that when you turn off autoplaying gifs sinfest doesn't automatically load.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
An ongoing theme on the right is ignoring the difference between the government and all kinds of other organizations. It’s an easy way to know which opinions aren’t worth listening to.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hmmm, what part of Egyptian culture was Moses specifically opposed to? Was it something that has a parallel in early American society, perhaps? Something where Lincoln might perhaps have been on the same side as the Egyptians?

Oh wait, yeah, treating people like poo poo based on race, that's it!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Sinfest Sunday

Does this comic have, like, characters, or not, or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kit Walker posted:

He’s a centrist in the sense that he equates the two sides and then consistently parrots rightwing talking points while denouncing the left. His main focus, though, is making GBS threads on trans people and sex workers

Like the other poster said, a Centrist.