Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Is this about pence? If its about pence, its actually kinda funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

eSporks posted:

Is this about pence? If its about pence, its actually kinda funny.
"pence gay" would not be funny

"(Person I don't like) is gay" is never funny

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It would also be inaccurate, as Pence is only interested in mares.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I'm not familiar enough with Trump's cabinet to say whether or not he actually has an openly gay person serving in it but it wouldn't mean much if he did. It's not that uncommon for there to be wealthy cis white male gay guys who have decided that now that gay marriage is legal, they aren't in any danger from the Republican party and definitely wouldn't be carted off to the gulags in the worst case scenario because of the aforementioned wealthy cis white male part of their demographics info.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It depends on how you define "cabinet member" more than anything, Richard Grenell is openly gay and was the acting Director of National Intellgience for four months in early 2020.

As acting chair he wasn't ever confirmed by the Senate, he only held the job for the time he did because Trump fired his original Senate-confirmed DNI Dan Coats in the midst of the whole Ukraine Investigation, then refused to appoint then-deputy DNI Susan Gordon to rise to director so he could nominate a "loyal" person like John Ratcliffe, so she resigned and Trump appointed Joseph Maguire as the new acting DNI. But Maguire's team issued a report about Russian trying to interfere in the 2020 elections, so Trump replaced him with Richard Grennel, who was serving as the Ambassador to Germany to do double duty. Turns out Grennell probably fabricated a lot of his "intelligence experience" outside of working as a lobbyist for Iran, China, Moldovia, Hungary, etc. But he was loyal and willing to say he didn't know anything about the stuff Trump was getting impeached for because he was not involved, therefore it was all a witch hunt! After a few months Trump got Ratcliffe confirmed in the Senate and Richard Grenell joined the Trump 2020 Campaign team.

The other question is how you define "Cabinet" versus "Cabinet-Level Official"; there are fifteen Cabinet members traditionally (the Vice President + Attorney General + 14 "Secretarys of ________") but also seven "cabinet level" positions (the aforementioned DNI, Chief of Staff, Trade Representative, Director of OMB, Director of CIA, EPA Administrator, Small Business Administrator).

So Richard Grenell is openly gay but was never the permanent Senate-confirmed DNI, and DNI is "cabinet-level" versus "Cabinet".

Pete Buttigieg is going to be a Cabinet member, and will presumably be permanent and Senate-confirmed.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scaramouche posted:

You know what, Jim Carrey is bad. But he's better than when he started, so good for him.

The reason he dropped out of Hollywood until Sanic was because he felt painting gave him a better outlet for his issues. He's a decent artist and the stuff posted here is just scribbles coloured in marker.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Whaaaaaat? Things didn't automatically get better on January 1??? I can't believe it!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

The Artificial Kid posted:

Wait, is this saying "if minorities then why not dogs?!"

Given how all of this is projection, the next Republican president is going to appoint a horse isn't he.

Wait are they planning for Pence 2024?

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Pants Donkey posted:

Ben MAD

He’s still mad that he was considered too embarrassing to be seen with Trump lol

Where does old zyklon ben post these things now that he has been kicked out/left the twitter and paler is down?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Captain Kosmos posted:

Where does old zyklon ben post these things now that he has been kicked out/left the twitter and paler is down?
Facebook:

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 16, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Artificial Kid posted:

Wait, is this saying "if minorities then why not dogs?!"

That might be fair but also in his comics the two of them often get jobs doing current events.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
My read on the situation is that they think Trump's Caesar, whichever Republican president is next is Caligula, and they're so divided on why the Democrats are bad because they view them as the Cult of Sol Invictus and can't decide if they want a Rome that never changes from Caesar's days, or worse, that the Democrats are being anachronistic. Which, to be fair, totally fits with the Cult of Sol Invictus and might be why the political cartoonists keep threatening us with a good time.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Elysiume posted:

Facebook:

Of course :doh:
Well atleast we get people's hog cartoons thanks to that.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Politoons 2021: Drawing Trump as a Hot Man You'd Like to gently caress

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Mikl posted:

Politoons 2021: Drawing Trump as a Hot Man You'd Like to gently caress

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
What was Mallard about to say when he was interrupted in the second panel?

The first black cabinet official was Robert C. Weaver, appointed Secretary of Housing and Urban Development by Lyndon Johnson. The first Latino cabinet official was Lauro Cavazos, appointed Secretary of Education by Ronald Reagan.

"Actually, George W. Bush already appointed the first black and Latino secretaries of State and Commerce, who are higher in the presidential line of succession than Biden's first black and Latino secretaries of Defense and Health and Human Services (although lower than the first black Vice President, also under Biden, who was himself Vice President for the first black President)."

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 16, 2021

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ben Garrison posted:

“C’MON MAN! SHUT UP, WEAR YOUR MASK AND GET YOUR VACCINATION”

President Select Joe Biden wants us all to get the COVID-19 shot. Yesterday I watched him as he bluntly slurred, “We’ll have to move heaven and earth to get more people vaccinated, to create more places for them to get vaccinated, to mobilize more medical teams to get shots in peoples’ arms.” Joe is treating us as if we were government-owned cattle.

Even with the shots, Biden still wants everyone to social distance and wear masks, which presumably will be made permanent. Masks do nothing to stop the virus and they cause their wearers harm, but the powers that be want their sheep wearing them as symbols of submission. Joe’s handlers know that mask wearers are brainwashed by their media that spews out constant fear. Mask wearers are more likely to vaccinated, which will also become routine and permanent. Cajoling Joe says wearing masks are ‘patriotic,’ when in reality it is just the opposite because it means giving up even more liberty. We no longer control our own bodies—Biden and his handlers tell us what to do.

We don’t need a rushed-out vaccine against a virus (if there even is such a virus) that has a 99.7 percent survivability rate. In fact, the vaccine is 50 times more likely to produce side effects than a flu shot. Many people have dropped dead after getting the dangerous vaccine. Yet China Joe claims we need to get it because ‘science’ says so. Such science is distorted by mega billionaire globalists who are bent on reducing the world’s population while greatly increasing the bottom line of their vaccine makers.

Bill Gates is such a mega billionaire who wants to rake in even more billions of dollars from the shots. Taxpayers are forced to pay for vaccines that could lead to their own demise. Remember, Bill Gates is the Joseph Mengele of our times. He has pushed and funded experimental vaccines in India and Africa that led to sterilization and death. The DTP vaccine from Bill Gates killed ten times more African girls than disease itself. Don’t be surprised to see similar results with the COVID shot.

Who Got Richer off of Covid? Not you or I

Those resisting the vaccine are already being labeled ‘anti-vaxxers,’ and ‘anti-science.’ Airlines are proposing ‘vaccine passports’ in order to travel. This sort of tagging, whether by paperwork, physical chips, or digital tattoos will lead to deleterious results for those of us who will still refuse the shots. We won’t be able to travel or go to a supermarket. Eventually we’ll be called medical ’terrorists’ and rounded up.

Regardless, many of us will never get the vaccine no matter what. We must resist medical tyranny. We must resist Creepy Joe. Not my president!
I don’t know why he’s offended by being called anti-vaxx when he’s literally against vaccines.

Also he’s made a new account on Twitter lol.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Context: Women has protested against the closure of maternity wards in Norway by dressing up in traditional clothes and holding rallys. But they have stayed out of the parts of the capitol with a high population of immigrants.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Pants Donkey posted:

I don’t know why he’s offended by being called anti-vaxx when he’s literally against vaccines.

This is the new hotness. I had a tiny blowup in a Progressive Online Community I mod where a person kept saying poo poo about how the vaccine was rushed and they weren't going to be anyone's lab monkey, and when I said "hey don't bring that anti-vaxx poo poo here" they swore up and down that they're not anti-vaxx. Just encouraging people to fear vaccines by using the exact rhetoric of the anti-vaccine movement.

I'm sure it's same self-defense mechanism as when racists don't ever cop to racism until they reach the point of goose-stepping down main street under an Odin flag. (Or, y'know, they're lying, like when the Young Living rep says it's not a pyramid scheme.)

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

What's the account? (so I can report it)

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I've seen anti-vaxxers claim that the term is a slur meant to shut them down, except I'm pretty sure they came up with the term themselves, because it's a neutral description.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm not anti-vaxx, I just think vaccines are dangerous and people shouldn't get them. I guess you could say I'm against vaccines, sure. No I don't think there's a shorter way to say that.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

I've seen anti-vaxxers claim that the term is a slur meant to shut them down, except I'm pretty sure they came up with the term themselves, because it's a neutral description.
Ah yes, the terf defense

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RoboRodent posted:

Even so, to them, it is a slur meant to shut them down, and that's a good thing. gently caress anti-vaxxers. The entire movement is a detriment to the health and safety of millions of people. Every anti-vaxxer who has a child should have that child put into foster care.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Even so, to them, it is a slur meant to shut them down, and that's a good thing. gently caress anti-vaxxers. The entire movement is a detriment to the health and safety of millions of people. Every anti-vaxxer who has a child should have that child put into foster care.

Grammatically speaking, it is a slur. Not all slurs are bad, though.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Grammatically speaking, it is a slur. Not all slurs are bad, though.

Grammatically speaking, it's a noun, nothing more. The fact that it originated as a self description or the fact that its origin is a factual description doesn't make it not a slur. "Negro" is just a Latin/Spanish word for black, so essentially a pretty neutral description, and MLK used it extensively. But I sure hope none of you use it today, because it's obviously not neutral anymore (to the extent it ever was). Whether it's a slur depends on the intention behind those who say it, and the reception by those it applies to. If it's meant to hurt and/or it actually hurts, it's a slur.

This is pure pedantry. gently caress antivaxxers, if they like being called that or not.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's world-beating trade deal – The PM has been facing criticism from Conservative MPs over red tape and delays due to the introduction of the post-Brexit fishing regime"

Telegraph:

COVID-19: 'Don't let a coffee cost a life,' warns new government advert

Matt:

Independent:

Jacob Rees-Mogg says fish are British and 'happier' because of Brexit – video; After Arcimboldo.

Times:

America finds escape in the gentle joys of All Creatures Great and Small

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... lockdown snowball fights

Stephen Collins:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

RoboRodent posted:

What term would they prefer? Pro-diseasers? Pro-epidemics?

Five Year Plan
Feb 18, 2009

for your posting enemy, next time they talk too much

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Man gently caress British cartoons, can they stop loving drawing "politician I don't like getting sexually violated"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Oh no not my butt” is a proud politoon trope

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Five Year Plan posted:

for your posting enemy, next time they talk too much

This Collins would also make a nice gif av from Gramma, mom, dad, Joeye "what?" and docsplain panels. Dunno if it'd fit in the size limit.

Somfin posted:

Man gently caress British cartoons, can they stop loving drawing "politician I don't like getting sexually violated"

That's not treason, Somfin!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Pants Donkey posted:

Hey Garrison, shut the gently caress up you moronic fuckwit Anti-Vaxxer

quote:

Yes, the Anti-Vaxxer did in fact come up with the term to describe themselves. Notible page "Jenny McCarthy's Body Count" documented that quite well. It's nice to see that term they proudly wore has been turned around to be an insult for this group of utter fools who do a great deal of harm to society.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 16, 2021

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Cloud Potato posted:

]

Stephen Collins:

:pusheen:

Five Year Plan
Feb 18, 2009

Nenonen posted:

This Collins would also make a nice gif av from Gramma, mom, dad, Joeye "what?" and docsplain panels. Dunno if it'd fit in the size limit.

That's a great idea. What's the current limit on av dimensions/file size? Google is reminding me just how ancient some forums rules pages are.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
180 x 180, don't remember file size

Five Year Plan
Feb 18, 2009

Here it is in 64k. If it needs to be smaller somebody else can do it!!!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

betaraywil posted:

This is the new hotness. I had a tiny blowup in a Progressive Online Community I mod where a person kept saying poo poo about how the vaccine was rushed and they weren't going to be anyone's lab monkey, and when I said "hey don't bring that anti-vaxx poo poo here" they swore up and down that they're not anti-vaxx. Just encouraging people to fear vaccines by using the exact rhetoric of the anti-vaccine movement.

I'm sure it's same self-defense mechanism as when racists don't ever cop to racism until they reach the point of goose-stepping down main street under an Odin flag. (Or, y'know, they're lying, like when the Young Living rep says it's not a pyramid scheme.)

I've seen this exact rhetoric on this very website and it's incredibly frustrating to see.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Neo_Crimson posted:

I've seen this exact rhetoric on this very website and it's incredibly frustrating to see.

There was no way in hell I would have trusted a vaccine on Trump's say-so. Once Fauci gave it his blessing (and I watched a guest lecture he gave on the virus), then I changed my view immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dirk the Average posted:

There was no way in hell I would have trusted a vaccine on Trump's say-so. Once Fauci gave it his blessing (and I watched a guest lecture he gave on the virus), then I changed my view immediately.

The example I was thinking of was a few days ago, not a few months ago when Trump was the only one talking about it.